TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

On 6/26/2022 at 10:26 PM, Superbatboy said:

A large flat ride would be perfect for the left over Tidal Wave area

Sir, this is Magic Mountain.  What are "flat rides?"

• Haha 2

I had to read it twice to make sure it didn't say 2023. Color me impressed.

I can only imagine the comments full of MAGAts complaining about the "equality" part of the catchphrase LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well they say in the official announcement it will be “featuring tropical landscaping” so I have to think they will make some sort of attempt at that. 

17 hours ago, CedarFlags said:

I noticed a lot of landscaping and foliage around the ride in the animated POV... what do we think the odds are of any of that actually happening?

I’m just hoping we actually get the giant WW sign

Anybody got the scoop on promo filming?  I remember there was an open call for riders when Twisted Colossus was new, but with these small 12 person trains, I wonder if they'll bother finding outside help.

In this day where a park can simply call a known crew of social media bloggers, which will give the park additional free publicity, I feel the age of open call riders are going to be a thing of the past.

22 hours ago, CedarFlags said:

Anybody got the scoop on promo filming?  I remember there was an open call for riders when Twisted Colossus was new, but with these small 12 person trains, I wonder if they'll bother finding outside help.

They've also used plain clothed employees in the past for that.

^ At this point I don't think it's possible to do anything more beside literally frisking each person as they board the train.

1 hour ago, KBrylczyk said:

^ At this point I don't think it's possible to do anything more beside literally frisking each person as they board the train.

They could very easily implement a metal detector system like Cedar Fair has done on their RMCs.  There was nothing in place at SFMM at Twisted Colossus when I visited in December.

Sucks for those of us with zipper pockets and no intention of bringing out a phone on rides, but such is life.  I feel like these locker and loose article policies will probably creep into a lot of parks on major rides eventually, but it comes down to how they're enforced.  Great Adventure has their policies, but last week I still saw many people making it past the employees carrying cell phones, and nothing was said or done.  Whereas we all know how much more seriously it's taken on rides like Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers.

Can't believe even phone's owner was so irresponsible! 

This is the reason why roller coasters in my country strictly say 'no' to smartphones on the ride. One park I know even displays one damaged smartphone they found below the coaster, adding the fact it hit another rider on the hand, causing the injury. I think it was 'T-Express'. 

답글

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tim2009 said:

This is the reason why roller coasters in my country strictly say 'no' to smartphones on the ride. One park I know even displays one damaged smartphone they found below the coaster, adding the fact it hit another rider on the hand, causing the injury. I think it was 'T-Express'. 

답글

They do this in the US too; your country isn't special. Everywhere has idiots.

Hell, at Six Flags Great Adventure they'll stop a ride on the lift hill and have security come walk you off the ride if you pull your phone out.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:38 AM, Tim2009 said:

답글

People don’t care, they do what they want to do. Unfortunately, at times, it comes at the expense of others. I’m glad they know who’s cellphone it was in this particular case, hopefully the family goes after him instead of the park. 

On 7/11/2022 at 10:38 PM, Tim2009 said:

답글

Yea sorry, I just found hidden phone footage on Korean rides uploaded less that 24 hours ago in a single Youtube search.

Let's also not pretend that every one of us at least once has taken a phone on a ride. We all could have been that little girl and we all could have been the person whose phone got away from them.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, southpuddle said:

Let's also not pretend that every one of us at least once has taken a phone on a ride. We all could have been that little girl and we all could have been the person whose phone got away from them.

I can confidently say I've never had my phone in hand on a coaster while on the course (maybe lift or brakes). 

• Like 1