TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

15 hours ago, ryder said:

SFGAd just announced a Single Rider line for Jersey Devil... do we think WW:FOC will now have one?

For the first 6 months, then they'll get rid of it.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:04 PM, jarmor said:

Go ahead and say it.  It's ugly as shit lol.

It's a war crime.  Tatsu, presented by Nickelodeon Slime Time Live.

I also noticed that Medusa's repaint is going to be bright orange and green too.  I think American Dream Mall had a crap load of Nick Universe paint left over and sold it to Six Flags for cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well that’s subjective. But if that’s the case then someone better tell Universal that their marketing would be more effective for Velocicoaster if the track was neon orange 🙃

• Like 3

^^^That was actually a big thing for Cedar Fair back in the 90s when I worked for them (at CP).  Nothing painted black; no ominous or scary names, and no blood.  We used to joke that CP wanted to paint everything blue. 

I think it's best to paint a ride whatever might make sense or look good for it's name or something...  So happy we have our ominous/disco-y Demon at SF Great America.  I can't imagine it painted anything other than black. 

At some point in the last 2 decades, Six Flags started really barfing out some ugly coaster color schemes.  Or perhaps it was before that even.  I was an intern at SFOT in 1995 and the awesome Shock Wave was painted with white loops and track, tan supports and Pepto Bismol® pink on the interior of the loops.  It's never had a good, happy color scheme since.  Talk about a ride that deserves some respect - get on those classic trains while you still can.

Back to Tatsu, it looks ok from some angles.  I was  hoping they would keep the red rails... but oh well.  It's one of 2 coasters that actually scares me.  The other is X2 (which I especially love).  The "surprise you're 500 feet up" views really scare the heck out of me, in a good way.

28 minutes ago, southpuddle said:

Well that’s subjective. But if that’s the case then someone better tell Universal that their marketing would be more effective for Velocicoaster if the track was neon orange 🙃

We are talking about Six Flags, right? lol

Meh, I don't hate Tatsu's new colors. The old colors were definitely better, but even the new colors look better than the sun-faded, neglected paint that they replaced.

50 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

That color scheme is the most Six Flags thing in that it's devoid of anything resembling taste.

Some things never change...

image.png.de81aa7065620a40484bafdac4535930.png

• Like 1

I  honestly, really think, that the coaster-riding public, doesn't give a flying f about the "color scheme" etc. They want a thrilling coaster ride. Period. IMhO.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Superbatboy said:

Any color would've looked better than the faded mess Tatsu looked like before 

Agreed, I don't really care what colors they paint the coasters, I'm just glad they are painting them!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday 3/29/22

Quick trip report. I drive to Santa clarita on Tuesday for work. 

Tatsu 2xs

West coast 1

Riddlet 2xs

Crazanity 1

Scream 2xs

Goliath 1

Good news all rides are running 2 trains. I was out of the park at 12:10

Lots of WW track and support on site.

No pictures today.

• Like 1

Anyone want to bet that Wonder Woman doesn’t open until September or later? I saw a drone construction update and the state of the construction site is appalling as we head into April. The entirety of whatever their doing in DC Universe is nothing but a dirt lot, the ride construction started and then halted completely. I just don’t get why SFMM can’t get their construction projects together. Look at fiesta Texas, Dr Diabolical is nearly finished with vertical construction!