TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I've been on it three times. Two of them were some of the worst coaster rides that I've ever had in my life because they used to group on it and I got back row, outside seat both times. The last time I sat on the inside in the middle of the train and it was still rough but I could appreciate how weird and cool it was. It's not going to be "smooth" ever but it's easier to enjoy in a middle inside seat.

I've noticed the side that is closest to Viper (in the station) is significantly rougher than the other side, too. There are some points on that side of the track that cause all of those seats to rattle as they pass over them. The other side doesn't have that issue.

• Like 1

Well, I was expecting this from LA. It starts tomorrow 10/7. The selected days are Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in October. I'm fully vaccinated, but this full time mask requirement is uncalled for! We're going backwards...🤬

COVID-19 Protocol Update – Full Vaccination Verification or a NegativeCOVID-19Test (PCR or Antigen) Required on Select Days for All Guests 12+

In accordance with the LA County mandates, effective October 7, guests 12+ will be required to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or Antigen) within 72 hours prior to visiting the park on certain designated days, which can be found on the park hours and schedule page. All guests 2+ will also be required to wear a face mask at all times on certain designated days, including while outdoors. Additionally, all visitors 18+ will also be required to show photo identification, effective November 1. On days not affected by the mandate, vaccination or negative test verification will not be required, however, everyone 2+ will be required to wear face masks at all indoor locations regardless of vaccination status. All policies will be adjusted on an as-needed basis to ensure compliance with state and county requirements related to COVID-19.

^^ Yeah, L.A. County loves to boast its low COVID numbers and high vaccination rate, yet keeps adding restrictions as if the pandemic is still in full swing. Looking over the park's schedule, it looks like the vaccination mandate will be enforced Fri - Sun until the end of Fright Fest. No days are denoted after October, but I'm sure it will be enforced during weekends around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. No mention of which days masks will be required, though.

And I know this isn't everywhere in all the parks currently, but .... Playland(PNE) provided a "Rest Area" for those needing to breathe w/o the mask on. Rules were still applied as to distancing and number in the area, etc. And only for a short time, each visit. And they have a staff member there, like a standby nurse (heh) if somebody is wheezing and/or having probs, etc. And it's obviously NOT a smoking area. They provide that too, in another part of the park. Cigs only, sadly. So....

If your park provides the Rest Area, or a Rest Area of some kind, then go and take advantage of it. But wear the mask all - other - times. Eating/drinking in a single spot, excluded.

• Like 1

@bert425^^^ "I spent an entire day at SFOG wearing a mask.     it's NOT that big a deal, folks. either wear a mask if you go those days that require it?  or don't go those days."

Bert I hear what you're saying. It was your choice to wear the mask. It's not required.  I did that (mask wearing) last year. This is just insane now! Nobody but LA county requires this when you're outdoors.

Does covid know to stay away Monday -- Thursday??? Just kidding.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, coasternut said:

@bert425^^^ "I spent an entire day at SFOG wearing a mask.     it's NOT that big a deal, folks. either wear a mask if you go those days that require it?  or don't go those days."

Bert I hear what you're saying. I did that (mask wearing) last year. This is just insane now! Nobody but LA county requires this when you're outdoors.

Does covid know to stay away Monday -- Thursday??? Just kidding.

That's the main issue, outdoor transmission is proven to be close to zero.  Since everyone in the park has been vaccinated or has a negative test, wearing masks is pretty much pointless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think it's a big deal either.  Ever since the Delta variant came into play, I always wear masks outdoors in crowded spaces. 

TBH, I still don't yet feel comfortable eating indoors, either.  I either eat outdoors or take it home (or in the car if I'm traveling).

Also, Orange County hasn't required it because they're run by insane people.

And I don't think it's a safe assumption that everyone with proof of vaccination are being honest about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ryder said:

And I don't think it's a safe assumption that everyone with proof of vaccination are being honest about it.

Which becomes the more dangerous version of "faking your ID to get into a bar", which is (to me) so 1950s. 🍹

But I fear that some twats are going to do just that. Fake their Covid Vaccination card(s), and try to get away with it.

• Like 2

New signage hung at the park yesterday about the new vax/mask requirements:

1267244928_vaxpic.thumb.jpg.f9889c6d6d5c425769384ecfff506219.jpg

The new rules are just one more incentive to avoid the park on weekends, IMO. I typically swing by the park on my way home from work during the week, and it sounds like those days won't be affected for now. If I get the coaster itch on a weekend, I'll just drive a little further to Knott's.

In other news, it looks like a Tatsu repaint is in the works:

tatsu.thumb.jpg.ee94ff980ddabfe92fb119404fd9f990.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

I think green supports and solid yellow track would look great on Tatsu. I just hope it's not green and orange... yuck!

I’d love to think they’ll do something unique and contemporary, like a dark forest green, teal,  or even a burnt orange to go with the bright green, but you know it’s gonna be another standard color right off the ROYGBV color wheel 🙃 Prove me wrong, Six Flags! 

• Like 2