Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2205 - Opening Day Photo TR!

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, californiarollercoasters said:

TikTok is great and you're missing out bruh. But have fun with whatever you do. 

Just bringing it up because it is viral, and I love this place and want them to do better so they don't risk getting shut down or having problems in the future if COVID isn't going away. 

I went back this past Sunday and had a grand ole' time. Can they do better? Absolutely. 

They aren’t going to get shut down unless the state and county will also be shutting down every other large venue again in the event things get out of control for another big wave.

You can watch fans not wearing their masks all night long in the dugout club on every Dodger broadcast. Or anywhere else you go. 100% compliance is not feasible while these businesses are limited on what profit they make.  I bash SFMM as much as anybody, but it’s very clear they added more security to do the best they can. 

Anyone who visits a theme park knows the risks. You are knowingly going to a place where you know there will be thousands of people. Posting on Tik Tok to get some clout for still complaining about covid stuff is dumb and in no way a reflection of reality.
 

You want to see blatant ignoring of safety measures? Try visiting a six flags park in a Republican run state. SFoG will make you very much appreciate SFMM.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Jew

    1392

  • ebl

    1160

  • robbalvey

    1148

  • Tmcdllr

    1072

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tells someone to keep politics out of it. Procedes to add politics. Typical 😄   As for SFMM, they're going to follow what is required by the state... At least on paper. So your sho

Swung by the park for a few hours to see how things would be in the covid world, and I have to say that magic mountain did a pretty good job. For those wondering, it appears the only checks for r

You must be new around here if you think I’m a “boot licker” for SFMM. 😂 I’m just someone who realizes covid enforcement is a joke everywhere now and understands that if you chose to go somewhere

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Jew said:

They aren’t going to get shut down unless the state and county will also be shutting down every other large venue again in the event things get out of control for another big wave.

You can watch fans not wearing their masks all night long in the dugout club on every Dodger broadcast. Or anywhere else you go. 100% compliance is not feasible while these businesses are limited on what profit they make.  I bash SFMM as much as anybody, but it’s very clear they added more security to do the best they can. 

Anyone who visits a theme park knows the risks. You are knowingly going to a place where you know there will be thousands of people. Posting on Tik Tok to get some clout for still complaining about covid stuff is dumb and in no way a reflection of reality.
 

You want to see blatant ignoring of safety measures? Try visiting a six flags park in a Republican run state. SFoG will make you very much appreciate SFMM.

Okay?? 

The park can still do better. If they're advertising about how clean the place is, then they might as well at least TRY to uphold their word. It is poor management at the end of the day. Employees don't give a fuck at the park to uphold COVID guidelines. I'm sure they receive little incentive to put in an ounce of effort, so it makes sense. Can they do better, though? YES! It's fair to critique them on this, there's no need to bootlick a big corporation like you're currently doing. We are able to critique these companies as consumers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, californiarollercoasters said:

Okay?? 

The park can still do better. If they're advertising about how clean the place is, then they might as well at least TRY to uphold their word. It is poor management at the end of the day. Employees don't give a fuck at the park to uphold COVID guidelines. I'm sure they receive little incentive to put in an ounce of effort, so it makes sense. Can they do better, though? YES! It's fair to critique them on this, there's no need to bootlick a big corporation like you're currently doing. We are able to critique these companies as consumers. 

Woah...okay first of all you just grouped all magic mountain employees as "not giving a fuck" which is not true at all. Even just this season I have encountered many amazing ride ops and employees at the park. And he is not bootlicking anyone, he is giving them some leeway for mistake...like this can't be perfect. Magic Mountain is trying it's crazy to pretend like they aren't at least trying to do their best given their resources and the rules.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No Six Flags park in America has made much effort to enforce their covid policies since they reopened. I don't know why you would expect otherwise after seeing this at park after park for the last ten months now. I'm not saying that it should be that way but you should have gone in expecting that as an educated consumer who frequents a theme park forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, californiarollercoasters said:

Okay?? 

The park can still do better. If they're advertising about how clean the place is, then they might as well at least TRY to uphold their word. It is poor management at the end of the day. Employees don't give a fuck at the park to uphold COVID guidelines. I'm sure they receive little incentive to put in an ounce of effort, so it makes sense. Can they do better, though? YES! It's fair to critique them on this, there's no need to bootlick a big corporation like you're currently doing. We are able to critique these companies as consumers. 

You must be new around here if you think I’m a “boot licker” for SFMM. 😂

I’m just someone who realizes covid enforcement is a joke everywhere now and understands that if you chose to go somewhere you know will be a gathering place for thousands of strangers, you assume the risks that go with it.  But some would rather aim for tik tok clout than just say “I don’t feel comfortable here. I’m out.”
 

There is no entry level job in America that pays enough for anyone to care about enforcing things for all but the worst of the worst violators of covid precautions.  Nor is there a business capped at 25% that can sustain throwing a crap ton of extra labor at something and be expected to make any money.
 

You accept this reality when you visit any theme park right now. Should it be that way? In a perfect world, no, of course not.  But in the real world...that’s how every park, stadium, large store, airport, and so on is actually operating.

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what I just saw posted on Screamscape.

Just saw this on Screamscape.

 

California - (4/21/21) According to the latest updates from California, theme parks in the state had previously only allowed California residents to visit the reopening theme parks, but now there are finally some changes to this rule. According to the revised guidelines, theme parks can now allow visitors from other US states to visit the parks, provided they can provide proof that they have full fully vaccinated.
    I repeat… theme parks in California are now allowed to admit “fully vaccinated out-of-state visitors” to the parks. Keep in mind that the parks can still opt to only accept California Residents if they wish for the moment, so be sure to check in with any park you are planning to visit to get an update on what their rules are. And if you were wondering, California Residents do not have to proof they have been vaccinated, that particular requirement only falls on those visiting from outside the state

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, coasternut said:

California Residents do not have to proof they have been vaccinated

Well, that would certainly make me want to visit California parks, if I lived outside the state.  Not.

Even if I was vaccinated, myself. And I did get my shot. And I have a card that says so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How much more proof do you need that Californians, in general, think they're better than everyone else?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

How much more proof do you need that Californians, in general, think they're better than everyone else?

To be fair, right now CA has the lowest case numbers for the continental U.S.

Is this requirement both smart (why wouldn’t you want visitors who are vaccinated?) and dumb (Orange County and central CA might as well be Alabama—pretty good odds they’re traveling within the state not caring about COVID at all or getting vaccinated) at the same time? Yes. Totally on brand for CA’s response thus far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it's up to the park to allow out-of-state vaccinated guests, anyone thinking SFMM will do so soon? I'm doubt out-of-state is a big draw for them but I think they'd probably want the extra guests. I'd like to go and use my membership there finally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Six Flags is going to open their park as much as possible to as many people as possible as soon as possible. That's been their playbook chain-wide throughout. Right now it looks like they're close-to-full and likely to end up totally booked every day for awhile so there's no harm in keeping the restriction as long as it doesn't impact them and makes it look like they're being careful but the second they feel like lifting it will make them more money, they will. I expect them to do it very soon.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, IronWolfman said:

Since it's up to the park to allow out-of-state vaccinated guests, anyone thinking SFMM will do so soon? I'm doubt out-of-state is a big draw for them but I think they'd probably want the extra guests. I'd like to go and use my membership there finally.

No one at MM is checking residency.  It's all just words.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

^ & ^^ Thanks for the inputs. I've made reservations with the park, a hotel, & rental car for May 17-19, but won't book flights until the park confirms that vaccinated out-of-state-ers will be able to enter. I know the park is a bit of a mess right now, but the cost of the trip would be fairly cheap. Fortunately I'll be getting my second dose next week, so if they officially lift the restriction, my immunity should be kicked in by those dates.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Six Flags is going to open their park as much as possible to as many people as possible as soon as possible. That's been their playbook chain-wide throughout. Right now it looks like they're close-to-full and likely to end up totally booked every day for awhile so there's no harm in keeping the restriction as long as it doesn't impact them and makes it look like they're being careful but the second they feel like lifting it will make them more money, they will. I expect them to do it very soon.

Most likely just waiting for LA county approval before jumping in. Would imagine it’s coming soon.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IronWolfman said:

^ & ^^ Thanks for the inputs. I've made reservations with the park, a hotel, & rental car for May 17-19, but won't book flights until the park confirms that vaccinated out-of-state-ers will be able to enter. I know the park is a bit of a mess right now, but the cost of the trip would be fairly cheap. Fortunately I'll be getting my second dose next week, so if they officially lift the restriction, my immunity should be kicked in by those dates.

In the same way that MM isn't checking for proof of residency, I'd be astounded if they actually checked for vaccination status by doing anything more than asking "Are you vaccinated?" or making you click a box somewhere.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Most parks last year didn't ask for any proof of anything.  None of the parks in states that required a covid test to travel there actually checked.  They just had the covid exposure questions and I think they assumed everyone would automatically say yes/no.

The only park I saw take the covid questions super seriously was Canobie.  The security guards would change the wording each time so you couldn't just blindly answer yes or no.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

SFMM can take that vaccine card and shove it.  and for member called JEW,  keep politics out of it, by saying republican states are worse.  Republican states arent living in fear.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tanthonyam said:

SFMM can take that vaccine card and shove it.  and for member called JEW,  keep politics out of it, by saying republican states are worse.  Republican states arent living in fear.

Tells someone to keep politics out of it.

Procedes to add politics. Typical 😄

 

As for SFMM, they're going to follow what is required by the state... At least on paper.

So your shove it comment is misplaced.

  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So as I wait to hear about whether the park will accept out-of-state vaccinated guests (thanks to everyone for the reassuring that they probably wouldn't check but.. don't really want to risk it when travelling halfway across the country), I want to get some more insights on what to expect. I fully understand that visiting in about a month from now means the park may still be a bit of a wreck in terms of operations.

I plan to get Flash Passes for the two full-ish days I'm there (Mon & Tues, May 17-18), though the former I wouldn't be there until roughly 11:30. I've heard some people say the Flash Pass line has been 1-2 hours every day, even week days, and that ride lines themselves have been similar. I know its hard to predict, but has anyone actually had a day since the park reopened that didn't have crazy lines? 

I'm also expecting that a few of the coasters I may only get on once or twice, even with two days, due to breakdowns/operations/lines, but it's been good to hear that pretty much every coaster has been up at some point thus far since reopening. Even if I get to visit in May, I may return in mid-December to also visit Knott's. A longer trip then would probably go more smoothly, but I'm being a bit impatient, lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be fine with flash pass on a weekday.  Kids are back in school, so crowds should be fine.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently construction walls have gone up around the Green Lantern/Tidal Wave site. 

If anyone here is going to the park this week please confirm if you can. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not been to the park but I have seen pictures and can confirm walls are going up!! Exciting news!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, IronWolfman said:

So as I wait to hear about whether the park will accept out-of-state vaccinated guests (thanks to everyone for the reassuring that they probably wouldn't check but.. don't really want to risk it when travelling halfway across the country), I want to get some more insights on what to expect. I fully understand that visiting in about a month from now means the park may still be a bit of a wreck in terms of operations.

I plan to get Flash Passes for the two full-ish days I'm there (Mon & Tues, May 17-18), though the former I wouldn't be there until roughly 11:30. I've heard some people say the Flash Pass line has been 1-2 hours every day, even week days, and that ride lines themselves have been similar. I know its hard to predict, but has anyone actually had a day since the park reopened that didn't have crazy lines? 

I'm also expecting that a few of the coasters I may only get on once or twice, even with two days, due to breakdowns/operations/lines, but it's been good to hear that pretty much every coaster has been up at some point thus far since reopening. Even if I get to visit in May, I may return in mid-December to also visit Knott's. A longer trip then would probably go more smoothly, but I'm being a bit impatient, lol. 

I can 100% guarantee you will be able to get in as an out-of-stater. My friend from New Mexico posted from SFMM on his Insta story last week and I asked how he got in--he had a friend order his ticket from a CA IP address and had zero trouble at the park because they do not check. 

As many have shared, it does break ethics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/