• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

There are other jobs available.  Not even close to a fair comparison.  And I’m someone who is a causality of this nonsense. The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to kee

I received an email from Knott's today asking Californians to help reopen the parks by messaging the governor.  It took me only a couple of minutes to copy and paste some stuff, so it is super easy, a

Posted Images

I saw a drone video on Youtube that is about 3 weeks old.  It doesn't look any different near the old Green Lantern station at this point.   Still hopeful though icon_smile.gif.8e5ef025c8c0d21860da7db823241264.gif

1070391464_Screenshot2020-10-19132327.thumb.jpg.b3eb7b2aba3e8b459330f4eebf223cc5.jpg

The permits I linked to above are from the middle of October so I bet if we got a fly over this week, we would see changes.
Hopefully they don't cancel the project! 

They didn’t. See the permit applications I linked to above.

Even if it’s a 2021 ride I doubt it gets finished till
The end of the year, due to covid Restrictions and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California amusement park guidelines are out.  The document is easier to read and more detailed than my summary:

https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-amusement-theme-parks--en.pdf

Widespread (purple):

Closed

Substantial (red): 

Closed

Moderate (orange):

Smaller parks can open with modifications

Capacity must be limited to 25% or 500 people, whichever is less

Outdoor attractions only can open

Reservations required

Local attendees only (from the same county as the park’s location)

Minimal (yellow):

Larger parks can open with modifications

Park capacity must be limited to 25%

Reservations required

So, basically no change from before, since all California's major parks are in Moderate (or worse) coded areas, right?

Anything further I could say would be construed as a political comment and thus is reserved.

For the record, it looks like the guidelines define a "smaller park" as one that has a maximum capacity under 15,000 patrons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of a lawsuit be brought against the state from the major operators (similar to what happened back in Ohio earlier this year) in the near to immediate future with the revelation of these "guidelines".

This is a crippling blow to the theme parks. I live in Los Angeles county and we haven’t even gotten close to getting out of the worst tier. To get to the minimal tier could be another year or longer. Such a shame!! 

3 minutes ago, SoCalJasonland said:

Here is what is required and where all of the So Cal counties with amusement parks stand as of October 20, 2020 stats

756382913_Screenshot2020-10-20124209.jpg.cc655db328179bc36f085e4734dbf0cd.jpgScreenshot 2020-10-20 124142.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-20 124116.jpgScreenshot 2020-10-20 124039.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-20 123952.jpg

Where are you getting this information from? Is there a specific site we can check?

Differentiating “large” parks and “small parks” and letting them open at different times is pointless. 25% capacity would spread out guests at the same rate regardless of the size of the parks. Add this to the list of completely arbitrary guidelines set forth by governments during this mess...

• Like 1

These restrictions are frankly ridiculous and will prohibit CA parks from opening for a long time.  Parks around the country have shown they can operate safely in this environment.  At this point, I think it will take a lawsuit and court intervention to get the parks open.  Meanwhile, thousands of people will continue to be out of work and the surrounding economies will continue to suffer.

• Like 1

Just to further prove how agenda-driven Gov. Newsome and his people are, here you go:

Californians will be allowed to congregate and vote without masks.

Sam Mahood, a spokesman for the secretary of state’s office, said the guidelines for county election officials are intended to ensure safety while allowing everyone to vote in-person.

“The Secretary of State’s office views voting as a foundational constitutional right for citizens,” Mahood said in a statement.

I guess the pursuit of happiness (i.e. putting food on your table) isn't a "foundational constitutional right" in their mind?

Ehhhhhhhh. That's an awful stretch you're making there. Voting is a right, and turning people away is illegal. 

Though I 1 billion percent DO NOT agree with the state guidelines, it's not comparable to a constitutional right.  

Not trying to get into a debate here, but how is working and earning a living not a constitutional right?  Second paragraph man.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That's why I said "Ehhhhh" hahaha. I just think they are hard to compare in the example you are giving; and that it's not really apples to apples. 

But maybe it comes down to this: The state thinks very large gatherings aren't safe, even if all safety measures are followed.  And, Voting 'shouldn't' be drawing the same large crowds in any given location. 

I'm not defending the state, just trying to understand it.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Not trying to get into a debate here, but how is working and earning a living not a constitutional right?  Second paragraph man.

There are other jobs available.  Not even close to a fair comparison.  And I’m someone who is a causality of this nonsense.

The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to keep people from congregating and spreading the virus, why isn’t everything shut down?  Costco on the weekend is a madhouse.  Same for malls.  Even Sea World operating as a “zoo” and Knotts as “outdoor dining” being open makes no sense if the goal is to keep people from spreading the virus.  What magical powers to rides have to spread the virus?

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Jew said:

The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to keep people from congregating and spreading the virus, why isn’t everything shut down?  Costco on the weekend is a madhouse.  Same for malls.  Even Sea World operating as a “zoo” and Knotts as “outdoor dining” being open makes no sense if the goal is to keep people from spreading the virus.  What magical powers to rides have to spread the virus?

Bingo. Could not have said it better myself.

When I visited Taste of Knott's back in August, this was constantly on my mind. "This event is great, but the park literally feels like it's open already - just no rides. What's the difference?"

Wacky policies are one thing, but inconsistent wacky policies are much more frustrating.

• Like 2

Let's face it...these people don't know anything about theme parks and  have an old fashioned, outdated outlook on how they run. I think they picture things going on at parks that simply aren't happening, such as a crowd of a thousand people all standing in the same area (like an outdoor concert). And they're too elitist to spend more than 5 minutes thinking about it (and I don't mean politically,  but socially).

An outside source will need to intervene for this to change. At 25 percent capacity? I feel safer at a theme park than my own home sometimes.

Im sure Disney is a huge tax generator. Let the park and hotel tax dollars not show up for a year and see who needs who more. Florida was smart and realized Orlando lives off the Amusement industry

• Like 1

The only way these parks will ever open is to take this to court. Obviously, the governor and his "task force" haven't got a clue. I hope they had a nice visit to Florida. They didn't learn anything. These are unrealistic targets to achieve before opening the park. This whole thing is just sad. So many peoples lives being effected.

Recall Newsom Now!

• Like 1

I really feel for the California parks and people.  Trust me, I'm the first to admit that our Florida governor is an idiot and slightly terrifying in his loyalty to Trump but even our very democratic county and democratic county/city leaders looked at the science, listened to the health department and found a safe way to open up the parks.  The parks are also being very responsible (well, the large ones!) and going above and beyond the governors loose guidelines. 

It's ridiculous and just completely asinine to keep some of the California parks closed while allowing some to operate under weird loopholes.

Getting back on track for this thread, SFMM barely has anything indoor anyways and would be super safe to operate!

• Like 2

Unless they somehow win the lawsuit, next MAY is now what's being circulated in the break room so that by then most people will be hopefully vaccinated. Too much liability if some sick person comes in and spreads it however which way.; they'll just have to spend all that money to ramp up and shut down again. There's no ride manual for COVID. They are also going to need a huge amount of security staff and cameras because people tend to let their guards down around their friends i.e. all the young guests and somehow they've gotta keep this under control. You know how respectful people were and appropriate acting before COVID 🤪. It's going to be really weird how things work and damn hard to make sure people don't hoard together in queues as it's always been. And the indoor rides are apparently on the back burner when they re-open, which really sucks because everyone loves that air conditioning in the Valencia summer months They don't want a post-holiday spike. Who knows what'll actually happen from D.O.H. It's the definition of insanity for a SFMM-sized park to be closed for 15 months and sit empty. Except for those drunk kids who climbed the SkyTower

• Sad 1