TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

West Coast Customs posted a mini-documentary on YouTube about the process of working with Six Flags and Premier Rides to design West Coast Racers. They talk about the entire development of the ride, from concept to opening. If you are bored during quarantine, I highly suggest giving this a watch!

• Replies 54.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

There are other jobs available.  Not even close to a fair comparison.  And I’m someone who is a causality of this nonsense. The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to kee

They have background music that plays through their normal park speakers, which is themed to each area. It is set to the perfect volume to be "full and present", where we are still able to hear the pe

Posted Images

Twisted Colossus is really the only reason I still go to this park. If they can go from having one coaster good enough to make me tolerate this park to having two, that is a big step up for me.

^Just be careful with your expectations. WCR is fun, but it’s definitely no Twisted Colossus.

To be honest, I truly believe, that West Coast Bash (usually early Sept.) will be postponed. Till......?

Just a heads up on that. I'm also thinking, that both the Playland season

AND the PNE in Vancouver are a no-go this summer. But, what can ya do?

• 2 weeks later...
First and foremost, we are going to give you one month of Membership for each month Six Flags Magic Mountain is closed (rounded up to the nearest month). These months will automatically be added to the very end of your Membership

My one year membership anniversary was last month April 14. Yet I was charged this morning $9.95.

Since my membership "ended" last month, does anyone know why I was still charged?

You do NOT need to take any special action to receive these benefits -- your account will automatically be upgraded as soon as Six Flags Magic Mountain reopens.

I have no plans to cancel my membership because I want the free upgrade. The upgrade won't added on until MM opens.

So i understand that part why i'm still at gold status, just confused about still being charged.

There is an option to "pause" your membership. Anyone know if that will affect your free upgrade?

First and foremost, we are going to give you one month of Membership for each month Six Flags Magic Mountain is closed (rounded up to the nearest month). These months will automatically be added to the very end of your Membership

My one year membership anniversary was last month April 14. Yet I was charged this morning $9.95.

Since my membership "ended" last month, does anyone know why I was still charged?

You do NOT need to take any special action to receive these benefits -- your account will automatically be upgraded as soon as Six Flags Magic Mountain reopens.

I have no plans to cancel my membership because I want the free upgrade. The upgrade won't added on until MM opens.

So i understand that part why i'm still at gold status, just confused about still being charged.

There is an option to "pause" your membership. Anyone know if that will affect your free upgrade?

I believe by the end of the membership they are talking about if you cancel you'll end up with an extra month so you're still being charged because you are keeping your account going.

If you pause you will not get the free upgrade.

Memberships never "end" on their own. The one year anniversary is just the minimum time you need to be enrolled, 12 months. You need to manually end your enrollment if you want out.

If I recall correctly, if you choose to "pause" your membership, you lose out on all of the benefits of continued membership, which makes sense.

Exciting stuff! Some images of Raptor track with "SFMM" written and engraved on them have surfaced on InstaGram.

H/T Analogue_Thrills

raptor_1.thumb.jpg.7aac4feac2be9cea58c6d4bde7dcd3bf.jpg

raptor_2.thumb.jpg.75c54c98d00a88d4bdc7eb672180c07e.jpg

raptor_3.thumb.jpg.6ca9450b928342043535fc71b884a56a.jpg

I wonder if we could figure out if it’s actually a JDC clone based on the track pieces we see. If it’s possible, I’m not the person to do it LOL

Posted (edited)

Really hope we see a JDC clone at the park next year and that it doesn't get delayed due to Covid. I rode WWGLC at SFFT last year and these single rail coasters are completely wild!

Edited by VegasBaby

While this doesn’t necessarily mean the project couldn’t still be delayed, it’s really exciting to see they’re this far along in the process! What an awesome addition to the Mountain!

I’m no expert but a company wouldn’t make the track if it hadn’t already been paid for or some sort of massive deposit was put down. I’m guessing the money has been set aside for this project and will move forward! Also, this is assuming that those pics are legit, which is also very possible they aren’t. Although I’m convinced they’re real!!

^Everything they said. If track is there (and assuming the pics aren't fake), the ride is already likely paid for.

While obviously there aren't any pics from inside the park, have any of the recent drone footage caught any signs of footers or other such work?

I’m no expert but a company wouldn’t make the track if it hadn’t already been paid for or some sort of massive deposit was put down. I’m guessing the money has been set aside for this project and will move forward! Also, this is assuming that those pics are legit, which is also very possible they aren’t. Although I’m convinced they’re real!!

RMC was selling a coaster at a discount at IAAPA because someone backed out. The speculation on this forum was that random water park bought it (the name escapes me at the moment).

Most contracts have some sort of “force majeure” Clause in them that COVID-19 may invoke, so it’s entirely possible this coaster is delayed or canceled despite being under fabrication.

Not getting my hopes up. This is uncharted territory. I can't imagine things just returning to business as usual. Hope I'm wrong.

Interesting how the track looks like it has grooves from train wheels already

I'd imagine that comes from the bending process. Steel beams are run through rollers to generate curvature. I'm assuming for this they welded up the box section straight then rolled it which left those fabrication marks.

California Health and Human Services Agency spokesperson Kate Folmar announced today that amusement parks will open in Phase 3 of the state's reopening plan - which is being implemented on a regional basis. The state is just beginning the early stages of Phase 3, allowing barber shops and nail salons to open today.

Gov. Newsom also announced today in his livestream that he would allow counties to open certain cities within said counties if they meet the criteria to do so. L.A. County will be one of the last counties allowed to advance to Phase 3, but the City of Santa Clarita (which contains Valencia) is one of several cities in northern L.A. County that applied for a regional variance due to relatively low COVID cases - which the County said they would likely grant if allowed to do so by the State.

Of course, no date has been announced for when parks will be allowed to open, but this is good news for California parks nonetheless.