TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2205 - Opening Day Photo TR!

^ And they'll probably cut that "distance thing" to....one metre apart.

I remember when we used to (literally) pile up on each other in the liquor store! They've

since changed that to a single, snaking queue. But still. This could prove a plus.

• Replies 55.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tells someone to keep politics out of it. Procedes to add politics. Typical 😄   As for SFMM, they're going to follow what is required by the state... At least on paper. So your sho

Swung by the park for a few hours to see how things would be in the covid world, and I have to say that magic mountain did a pretty good job. For those wondering, it appears the only checks for r

You must be new around here if you think I’m a “boot licker” for SFMM. 😂 I’m just someone who realizes covid enforcement is a joke everywhere now and understands that if you chose to go somewhere

Posted Images

I will say I have had faith in the progress of humanity through Black Friday. You don’t see people physically fighting over TV’s and Game Consoles quite as much as you used to, at least by my own empirical evidence.

63909be36f588dbe0357fd2950290f8a.jpg

Disappointing, but not surprising given Pres. Trump’s announcement yesterday and the way things have been going. Hopefully these parks will be able to re-open by Memorial Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question about drinking alcohol in the park. I only know of two designated places to buy and drink alcohol and that’s the full throttle bar and the beer garden by justice league. Are these the only two places you can drink in the park?? If so, where could you drink before as both of these were built in the last 7 years?

Quick question about drinking alcohol in the park. I only know of two designated places to buy and drink alcohol and that’s the YOLOcoaster bar and the beer garden by justice league. Are these the only two places you can drink in the park?? If so, where could you drink before as both of these were built in the last 7 years?
There are a few other places I can think of. Ace Of Clubs (between Riddler and Tidal Wave) and Food Etc (next to Goliath) both sell beer and Lime-A-Ritas.

There is also a new beer stand next to Johnny Rocket’s, with an adjoining beer jail with tables and chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question about drinking alcohol in the park. I only know of two designated places to buy and drink alcohol and that’s the YOLOcoaster bar and the beer garden by justice league. Are these the only two places you can drink in the park?? If so, where could you drink before as both of these were built in the last 7 years?

Magic Mountain only started selling beer when the Yolo chicken wing place/sports bar opened in 2013. Before then, there was no alcohol in the park.

What's now the YOLO Bar was Mooseburger Lodge for many years, and before that it was the Timbermill Restaurant. It's one of the park's oldest buildings.

That must be it. Personally I think this ride is "kind of good" and Vortex was a giant trash-pile. It's almost an insult to this perfectly okay coaster to compare it to Vortex.

I thought Vortex was "kind of good", but maybe that's because I read Bill's review of it beforehand and knew to brace for the "wild mouse" turn into the mid-course brake run. It wasn't outstanding, but it wasn't terrible either. The first drop was great, but I found the rest of the first half pretty lackluster. The second half provided some decent hangtime.

Viper does basically everything Vortex did, but without the sharp turn and with more intensity through the first half - especially on crowded days, when it runs full trains. It's a fun ride, and the park does a great job of maintaining it.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/10/six-flags-sued-monthly-charges-during-covid-19-pandemic/

Suing six flags? My personal opinion on this is that you are not a true rollercoaster enthusiast and greedy. You can cancel anytime you want. But if you cancel, i do not believe you deserve any of the benefits.

I love that I am getting free extra months on top of this and free upgrade to Platinum for only $9.95 a month. I will gladly continue paying my monthly fees.

What are people complaining about? Am I missing something.

So I guess if you are mad that Sixflags (who does not have Disney money) is still charging you, well have fun riding no rollercoasters in the future because Sixflags will be going bankrupt.

So I guess if you are mad that Sixflags (who does not have Disney money) is still charging you, well have fun riding no rollercoasters in the future because Sixflags will be going bankrupt.

Nostradamus who?

instead cedar fair?

^^ I just found out from a friend and did it, you can "pause" your 6 Flags membership. If you already paid for April (I did on 4/1), it's non refundable. I've got a diamond, deluxe dining and platinum flash pass. You won't get the upgrades they spoke of but I'm good with that. It will automatically activate when the park reopens. I'm looking forward to that. You do this from your member portal.

Not sure if this was in place when this guy decided to sue. I just received email confirmation from 6 Flags that my membership is paused not cancelled. This is a perfect solution in my opinion!

Please corona go away and open the park soon...

Somebody filed a permits request and got the permits for Magic mountain's 2021 addition: A slightly extended Jersey Devil clone. Potentially leading to Tidal Waves removal. Hopefully corona doesn't derail this too much, though it's probably too far through the process to cancel now anyway

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/WYYJQOaZHIo[/youtu_be]