TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2205 - Opening Day Photo TR!

Well, I am going back to CA this year! Bad news is that mean 1 train ops and dealing with Six Flags-ness

Only/last time I went was for an event so had ERT and the park kind of ran itself well. No such luck this time

I was thinking early Sept. What crowds can be expected, though I assume fast lane is necessary? Would crowds be any better on a week day?

Early September the park is empty. You wouldn't need a flash pass. Be aware that Fright Fest begins September 14, which means every Saturday, the park will be packed till November. That was miserable. I went the last Saturday of September thinking people wouldn't be going to Fright Fest till October, big mistake. I had a gold flash pass and still had to wait a whole hour for some of the rides. Week days are empty.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swung by the park for a few hours to see how things would be in the covid world, and I have to say that magic mountain did a pretty good job. For those wondering, it appears the only checks for r

SFMM Trip Report. Opening Day, April 1st, 2021.    TLDR: I had a very six flags day (but it was awesome)   After over four years, I finally returned to my home park and self-procla

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

Posted Images

^ Oddly enough, I’ve found that Fright Fest gets LESS crowded closer to Halloween. I guess most people prefer to get their spook fix early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of crowded, I went to the park today planning on spending a couple of hours there. No single-train ops that I could see, but the place was too packed for my liking with some hefty lines, so I bailed after 30 mins. Grabbed a few pics of the new coaster:

IMG_3949.thumb.jpeg.00c8734b4f02a231eff4acdcd18edf95.jpeg

It looks like it'll have good visual appeal from the walkway.

IMG_3950.thumb.jpeg.59293bc99e4848ef269aeeebe484bee2.jpeg

The first element looks complete and the dips down into the second launch are installed now too.

IMG_3954.thumb.jpeg.4e0e50761f93cfde7a050f4d229804fa.jpeg

The support structure is gnarly.

IMG_3957.thumb.jpeg.71d22c1babf83d644bfee1acdfe238d9.jpeg

And, I'm guessing, that guests will walk right under it.

Well, I am going back to CA this year! Bad news is that mean 1 train ops and dealing with Six Flags-ness

Only/last time I went was for an event so had ERT and the park kind of ran itself well. No such luck this time

I was thinking early Sept. What crowds can be expected, though I assume fast lane is necessary? Would crowds be any better on a week day?

Early September the park is empty. You wouldn't need a flash pass. Be aware that Fright Fest begins September 14, which means every Saturday, the park will be packed till November. That was miserable. I went the last Saturday of September thinking people wouldn't be going to Fright Fest till October, big mistake. I had a gold flash pass and still had to wait a whole hour for some of the rides. Week days are empty.

Awesome, that works well because it would likely be the first week of Sept. Thanks for the help! This deff confirms I'll go for a weekday

I went to Magic Mountain this past Sunday and I haven't seen anyone post about this yet. The will-call ticket area has been moved to the far left ticket booth located before the security checkpoint. All regular ticket sales are now sold from where will-call used to be located after the security checkpoint. I asked around about this, and they said that all remaining ticket booths out front were just being used for storage for now. Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

I can't confirm anything, but I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds—a tacit confirmation that one-day tickets are kind of an anachronism now, at least at Six Flags' parks.

I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds

Is this your first visit to a Six Flags park?

No. It's not even my first visit to one this month.

But it is perhaps the first time that, as the user above notes, that I've noticed the ticket booths entirely replaced by a makeshift will-call station.

But it is perhaps the first time that, as the user above notes, that I've noticed the ticket booths entirely replaced by a makeshift will-call station.

It makes me wonder if they are going to decide to remove the ticket booths at some point?

Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

I can't confirm anything, but I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds—a tacit confirmation that one-day tickets are kind of an anachronism now, at least at Six Flags' parks.

Not one day tickets...just walk up sales. There's this thing called the internet that has made purchasing tickets for anything much easier.

So what the heck is happening with Green Lantern? First they said they're removing it, then during a Q&A it was said they're retracking it (which makes no sense), now it's back to being rumored for removal.

I'm in the minority where I dont hate the ride and absolutely love the theming and aesthetic, but also don't mind some new hotness (that isnt a pistachio park) in its place.

So what the heck is happening with Green Lantern? First they said they're removing it, then during a Q&A it was said they're retracking it (which makes no sense), now it's back to being rumored for removal.

I'm in the minority where I dont hate the ride and absolutely love the theming and aesthetic, but also don't mind some new hotness (that isnt a pistachio park) in its place.

What the "bleep" is a "pistachio park"?!!

What the "bleep" is a "pistachio park"?!!

When they removed Sierra Twist, it was replaced by some BS corporate display about pistachio nuts. It's like the history of snacks or something.

Still, far far better than Green Lantern. As I've mentioned before, they could put an open sewer in that spot and it'd be a massive improvement over GL.

Still a better ride than Green Lantern!

As for Apocalypse, I know the park did some extensive re-tracking in early 2018 and it was running great last summer before they shut it down for WCR construction. Did the park ever say they were going to do more re-tracking during the construction shutdown?

As for Apocalypse, I know the park did some extensive re-tracking in early 2018 and it was running great last summer before they shut it down for WCR construction. Did the park ever say they were going to do more re-tracking during the construction shutdown?

They replaced a section of track at the last turn when that section of the park first closed for construction. I haven't seen any activity over there lately, though.

It makes me wonder if they are going to decide to remove the ticket booths at some point?

hopefully just plow the entire front area and redo it all.

^I am quite interested to see if anything does become of the front gate, although I would not be surprised in the slightest if absolutely nothing happens and they are honestly just using the ticket booths as storage space from now on. This is the same park that has let the 'Six Flags California' sign that is the first thing guests see off the freeway rot for decades.

In regards to Green Lantern, my only hope is that once they take out Green Lantern they will replace it with something that fits the area well. For as bad of a ride Green Lantern was, its footprint was really conducive to the area (I do miss the old Batman extended queue though) and the DC Universe retheme was one of the few smart things the park has done in the last decade (IMO much much smarter than the horribly executed 'Boardwalk' area that connects the only two DC themed areas of the park).