TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I checked my bank statement and got the billing phone number and called it. I got a recording about park hours and if you have season pass questions, visit the website at....

So I filed charge disputes with my bank and a complaint with the BBB of Los Angeles.

I liked Six Flags before this, but now I will never visit again, and I am on a mission to help get the word out that you can get hooked. This is especially sad since people who mostly get burned by this are just looking to help their kids have a good time.

Shame on you Six Flags.

When people are happy to buy a dirt-cheap season pass, remember there is a reason for that pass being cheap. SF is not known for quality operations/communications/user-friendliness. (This is not a SF vs CF thing, or the whole "CF is better" thing. It's just the truth. They have tip-top operations and high quality customer service; no the best but still very good.)

Perhaps with the new, more-expensive pass system, they will try to do something about the service. They have such potential. And great mentors with Cedar Fair (Knotts), primarily.

Edited by JT325
  • Replies 54.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

There are other jobs available.  Not even close to a fair comparison.  And I’m someone who is a causality of this nonsense. The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to kee

I received an email from Knott's today asking Californians to help reopen the parks by messaging the governor.  It took me only a couple of minutes to copy and paste some stuff, so it is super easy, a

Posted Images

While I do find it annoying that you're directed to an online chat support system when you need to make changes to your pass, I've found them to be very helpful and I've had no issues cancelling or updating passes. The original receipt number thing is dumb but they make it easy for you to find it.

The way the World Series is going, looks like Revolution is getting a Red Sox retheme in the near future.

Does that count as a new credit?...lol

Six Flags Magic Mountain and its sister park Six Flags New England have placed a friendly wager on the upcoming World Series game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Boston Red Sox.

What’s a friendly wager between theme parks?

Magic Mountain will be rooting, naturally, for the Dodgers, six-time World Series Champions, as they take on the Red Sox in Boston.

If the Dodgers win the World Series title, Six Flags New England will change its wooden roller coaster, Thunderbolt, to Dodgers Thunderbolt for the opening weekend of their seasonal winter event, Holiday in the Park.

Six Flags New England’s park president, Pete Carmichael, will also don a Dodgers jersey during opening night of the holiday event, and the park will fly the Dodgers flag on top of their Scream tower.

If the Dodgers lose, Six Flags Magic Mountain will relate The New Revolution as “Red Sox Revolution” for Holiday in the Park’s opening weekend, and park president Neal Thurman will wear a Red Sox jersey on opening night. The park will also fly a Red Sox flag at the main gate plaza.

The opening pitch of the World Series is scheduled for tonight, Oct. 23, at 5:09 PT. To learn more about this friendly bet between theme parks, visit SixFlags.com.

Source: https://attractionsmagazine.com/six-flags-world-series-bet/

The way the World Series is going, looks like Revolution is getting a Red Sox retheme in the near future.

Six Flags Magic Mountain and its sister park Six Flags New England have placed a friendly wager on the upcoming World Series game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Boston Red Sox.

What’s a friendly wager between theme parks?

Magic Mountain will be rooting, naturally, for the Dodgers, six-time World Series Champions, as they take on the Red Sox in Boston.

If the Dodgers win the World Series title, Six Flags New England will change its wooden roller coaster, Thunderbolt, to Dodgers Thunderbolt for the opening weekend of their seasonal winter event, Holiday in the Park.

Six Flags New England’s park president, Pete Carmichael, will also don a Dodgers jersey during opening night of the holiday event, and the park will fly the Dodgers flag on top of their Scream tower.

If the Dodgers lose, Six Flags Magic Mountain will relate The New Revolution as “Red Sox Revolution” for Holiday in the Park’s opening weekend, and park president Neal Thurman will wear a Red Sox jersey on opening night. The park will also fly a Red Sox flag at the main gate plaza.

The opening pitch of the World Series is scheduled for tonight, Oct. 23, at 5:09 PT. To learn more about this friendly bet between theme parks, visit SixFlags.com.

Source: https://attractionsmagazine.com/six-flags-world-series-bet/

As much as I'd rather have the Red Sox win (Jackie Bradley Jr. is a down to Earth class act from my hometown Richmond, VA), the next 3 games will be held in LA, so this series can swing in the opposite direction very quickly. Go Braves, chop on! Watched the Braves play on my trip to CP back in August at Chickie and Pete's or whatever that place is called. The pitcher threw at Acuna and took him out of the game just because he is awesome! Ughhhh! Great tasting cheesesteaks made my anger go away and then I washed it down with a nice cold beer and a ride on Valravn in the rain.

Edit- my mistake, I forgot this was a SFMM thread and not CP. Can't wait for SFMM next year for the new ride!!!

Well thank the lord the Dodgers are 0-2 so far because anything with a Dodgers logo on it is trash to me.

I will GLADLY allow the BoSox to have their name on the Revolution coaster as such, because that way the only California Baseball team with the most current World Series title is the Anaheim Angels. With Studly Stud Man Mike Trout one can only hope they try to get him a ring before those low-lifes!

Well thank the lord the Dodgers are 0-2 so far because anything with a Dodgers logo on it is trash to me.

I will GLADLY allow the BoSox to have their name on the Revolution coaster as such, because that way the only California Baseball team with the most current World Series title is the Anaheim Angels. With Studly Stud Man Mike Trout one can only hope they try to get him a ring before those low-lifes!

1) Aren't you forgetting the 3 titles that the Giants have won?

2) Why the vitrol towards the Dodgers? I understand liking and disliking sports teams, but that's some pretty strong feelings right there...

^ They usually take a few weeks to take everything down. In mid-November, it's not uncommon to see a weird mixture of Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park decorations scattered around.

So I wonder, now that fright fest is officially over, how fast do you think the decorations will disappear?

Most of the bigger scare zone props are taken down within the first two days. The rest takes a bit longer since the main focus is usually getting the big/obvious stuff out first. It's a bit harder now though since the park is open 365 and everything has to be done at night or very early in the morning. It was a true luxury getting to come into an empty park during the day to do all of the work...

So I wonder, now that fright fest is officially over, how fast do you think the decorations will disappear?

Most of the bigger scare zone props are taken down within the first two days. The rest takes a bit longer since the main focus is usually getting the big/obvious stuff out first. It's a bit harder now though since the park is open 365 and everything has to be done at night or very early in the morning. It was a true luxury getting to come into an empty park during the day to do all of the work...

That's what I was wondering, like if there was an overnight crew there to remove the Demon's Door and Nightmare Props last night since those are the two closest scare zones to the front of the park...

So I still plan on visiting Magic Mountain next year, likely for Fright Fest (I don't feel like walking around the park in the summer where it could break 100 degrees).

What is the recommended path of attack as far as the coasters go? And I do know that for Platinum Flash Pass, you only get one reservation for X2 and Twisted Colossus?

So I still plan on visiting Magic Mountain next year, likely for Fright Fest (I don't feel like walking around the park in the summer where it could break 100 degrees).

What is the recommended path of attack as far as the coasters go? And I do know that for Platinum Flash Pass, you only get one reservation for X2 and Twisted Colossus?

If you plan on getting the Platinum Flash Pass, you don't really need a plan of attack. You can basically do whatever you want, whenever you want.

My plan of attack would be to visit on a Friday and go on the coasters during the day before the park gets busy at night.

I find the one time use for skip the line on the Flash pass they sell is a big turnoff and rip off with a couple of the rides. Why do they do this?? This is why I prefer Cedar Fair parks, they don't limit your rides with the pass they sell.

Twisted Colossus and Viper show still closed on the website. What's up??? Did they never get Viper up and running yet?

They're still working on Viper, they had a crew working on the mid course brakes and the transfer track today. For Twisted Colossus I'm not sure. It was fine on Sunday but today it was surrounded by cranes and they seemed to be doing some kind of track work

Anyone with a pulse on the goings on at SFMM have a clue if Twisted Colossus, Lex Luthor, and Justice League will be open by December? Was hoping to get use out of my season pass for some new rides since the last time I've been but with Apocalypse and Green Lantern being closed for a while it'll pretty much only be Yolocoaster and OTSR-free Revolution that'll be new to me. I wouldn't expect lines to be crazy in early December, but was debating if regular or gold flash pass was worth it at all.

Twisted Colossus and Viper show still closed on the website. What's up??? Did they never get Viper up and running yet?

Well, let's consider Twisted Colossus has been running consistently with no major issues or downtime since 2015, and Viper is almost 30 years old. Also I cannot remember the last time Viper was ever closed on a visit. I'd guess they're getting some tender love and care. I don't know if anyone enjoys Viper the way I do, but they can take as long as they want if it means the thing will be opened for another decade.

That being said, has anyone ever rode Vortex at Kings Island?

I was absolutely blown away with how well designed and non-slam-into-the-headrests the ride was. Except for after the MCBR into the double corkscrew, holy crap for some reason Arrow could just not figure out how to design a transition into those double corkscrews for either rides! They are SO obnoxiously bad! Also the Vortex restraints were not that bad at all, and for all the insane kind of elements going on and 1 less inversion, a much more pleasant experience as far as I was concerned. For some reason Arrow went with those terrible awkward hard OTSR's on Viper that never made any sense to me at all.

Last but not least, I've never needed a Flash Pass for SFMM before May or After September. Yes, you may wait an hour in 1 or 2 lines while the others are 15 Minutes or walk ons, but unless you're in the butt middle of Summer, as always explained around these parts...get to the park, scope it out, then decide if it's worth it.