• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

There are other jobs available.  Not even close to a fair comparison.  And I’m someone who is a causality of this nonsense. The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to kee

^I think this is a joke, referencing the actual, man made lake that used to reside in the front of the park.    https://denniscooperblog.com/back-from-the-dead-theme-park-map-day/

Posted Images

There was 1 day I logged into the portal and at the top next to my name and whatever it did show total points despite the fact I still had a sign up link. I registered about 5 times when I bought them during the flash sale. It hasn't appeared since that one magical time and there doesn't appear to be a link to be able to spend the points. But it did accurately portray the 650 points I earned.

That's quite a selection. The pricing structure seems overly complicated but I mean... whatever, not my problem.

That said, bit of a tangent here...

Why do people order Stella? It's piss beer that's always priced as if it's something fancy and exclusive. It's Budwesier with a stupid f*cking bottle. I don't care if it's on draft, it should never be (tied for) the most expensive thing on the menu when there are three craft beers and one fake craft beer on the menu. Just order a Bud Light and get over yourself.

PS: Why is water $4.13? I assume there's a bottle deposit in there but like... where do you come up with that number?

Why do people order Stella? It's piss beer that's always priced as if it's something fancy and exclusive. It's Budwesier with a stupid f*cking bottle. I don't care if it's on draft, it should never be (tied for) the most expensive thing on the menu when there are three craft beers and one fake craft beer on the menu. Just order a Bud Light and get over yourself.

Haters gonna hate. I like Stella because it ISN'T fancy, it's just refreshing. It's my go-to beer after spending all day outside during the summer.

PolitiFact-Truth-O-Meter-1-1300x500.jpg

Haters gonna hate. I like Stella because it ISN'T fancy, it's just refreshing. It's my go-to beer after spending all day outside during the summer.

That's exactly my point. There's nothing wrong with the beer but if you want a beer that's not fancy and refreshing you can get it for $9 so why would anyone order Stella which is also not fancy and refreshing but is ALWAYS priced as if it's an absolutely amazing craft beer no matter where you buy it.

PS: I know this is super off topic, sorry.

That's exactly my point. There's nothing wrong with the beer but if you want a beer that's not fancy and refreshing you can get it for $9 so why would anyone order Stella which is also not fancy and refreshing but is ALWAYS priced as if it's an absolutely amazing craft beer no matter where you buy it.

Because... people are stupid?

giphy.gif

That's quite a selection. The pricing structure seems overly complicated but I mean... whatever, not my problem.

That said, bit of a tangent here...

PS: Why is water $4.13? I assume there's a bottle deposit in there but like... where do you come up with that number?

Get the 90 Minute IPA. It's 9% alcohol and tastes great.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093/

Oh yeah, that's the obvious choice there if you're okay with something heavy. I don't want to use the term "good deal" to describe a single bottle of beer that's over $10 but for a Six Flags park that's a great deal. If I were at the park I would totally hit that place up. I would love for Great Adventure to get a bar with that type of selection.

Anyway, sorry for filling up the thread with beer talk and bumping this to the last page. Someone go tell Robb if they want to cover Fright Fest.

Do we have anyone interested in covering the Fright Fest media event on Saturday? Please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com ASAP!

I have some questions I was hoping could be answered for the new West Coast Racers ride. [1] What's the difference between a zero G roll and a zero G stall? [2] What are high-banked turns and how are they different from overbanked turns? [3] What are over/under near misses? [4] What are meant by track crossovers? Thanks.

I have some questions I was hoping could be answered for the new West Coast Racers ride. [1] What's the difference between a zero G roll and a zero G stall? [2] What are high-banked turns and how are they different from overbanked turns? [3] What are over/under near misses? [4] What are meant by track crossovers? Thanks.

(1) zero g roll is basically a roll at the apex of a airtime hill like the 3rd inversion of Scream, zero g stall pauses in roll upside down like twisted or west coast racers.

(2) high- banked turn is just that a turn with alot of bank up to 90 degess, an overbank is a turn where the bank exceeds 90 degress.

(3)near misses, again just like it sounds, ya know, head choppers, weaving close to structures or two trains over and under each other

(4) track crossovers? You're really typing your own answers here....when the tracks cross over (or under) each other, typically referred to on a racing or dueling coaster...

That help?

Uhhh...you can't be serious if you think Stella tastes anything like a Bud Light. And if it's only going to cost another $1.75 after I'm already paying an arm and a leg for a beer? And it's DRAFT instead of a bottle? DURRR. Yeah, I'm going with the Stella. Everytime.

Don't hate on Stella cause it's got it's own fancy chalice and your beer doesn't.

Uhhh...you can't be serious if you think Stella tastes anything like a Bud Light. And if it's only going to cost another $1.75 after I'm already paying an arm and a leg for a beer? And it's DRAFT instead of a bottle? DURRR. Yeah, I'm going with the Stella. Everytime.

Don't hate on Stella cause it's got it's own fancy chalice and your beer doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(1) zero g roll is basically a roll at the apex of a airtime hill like the 3rd inversion of Scream, zero g stall pauses in roll upside down like twisted or west coast racers.

(2) high- banked turn is just that a turn with alot of bank up to 90 degess, an overbank is a turn where the bank exceeds 90 degress.

(3)near misses, again just like it sounds, ya know, head choppers, weaving close to structures or two trains over and under each other

(4) track crossovers? You're really typing your own answers here....when the tracks cross over (or under) each other, typically referred to on a racing or dueling coaster...

That help?

Yes, it does for the most part. Wasn't really sure about the head choppers part, though. Thanks.