TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

John, your trip report is legendary. And so is your ability to get over your ice cream excess from the day before.

Your question for Neal about the Sky Tower was fantastic. Phrased beautifully. Well done.

Neal also mentioned that the trees near Ninja are not coming back, though I seem to recall we got close to a few branches on our morning ride.

Glad you liked X2. It was my favorite part of the day, especially when both of my legs had flown to the right side of the seat divider and my head was being jackhammered into the seat back.

Also, the Honda was very Helpful.

Sorry I couldn't get any cool night pictures this time around.

(most of the preceding might be sarcastic)

also, i forgot to mention that West Coast Racers will have a place where you store your crap. you put your crap away before entering the individual rows, then after will be able to pick your stuff up. so, you're not fumbling with crap before getting in to the trains. sounds great and i hope it works that way too!

This sounds a lot like some of the stuff I've seen in Europe (Blue Fire, for example) and if it's like that, it's going to be great. (not sarcastic, this is actually really cool!)

^He's just checking to make sure you're reading!

Also, Comfort Collars...BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The first time I saw Comfort collars on Tempesto at Busch Gardens(after riding superman at discovery kingdom), I laughed out loud and said "did they REALLY just call those comfort collars?"

personally I'd just go with the seat belts...

The comfort collars seen in the animation will definitely be on the ride. The collars will allow the ride not to use seatbelts.

Interesting logic. In my experience, Tempesto (comfort collars) was slightly slower loading than Joker's Jinx (seatbelts) - even with BGW's great operations and SFA's not-so-great operations.

I agree with this... it seemed to really slow down the loading as people all over were having trouble with them...

^He's just checking to make sure you're reading!

Also, Comfort Collars...BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The first time I saw Comfort collars on Tempesto at Busch Gardens(after riding superman at discovery kingdom), I laughed out loud and said "did they REALLY just call those comfort collars?"

personally I'd just go with the seat belts...

also, i wasn't really thinking when i asked, but i just automatically called them comfort collars. is that a premier term, or busch gardens term? either way, neil knew exactly what i was talking about.

The RMC T-Rex Giga Coaster that flies over the parking toll booths will not use nets to protect cars driving under, but, will instead use a tunnel. I'm not sure if the coaster of the cars will use the tunnel. I wasn't paying close enough attention to clarify.

Anyone have any pics or videos of Tatsu's new light up wheels?

Here's a video on Reddit...

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/9eordo/tatsu_has_new_lightup_wheels_and_they_look_amazing/

You're a brave man going on that subreddit. I use reddit a ton but the coaster and theme park subs are awful.

Nice rundown of the event, John! That means a USA Trip report is due right

The choice to add the comfort collars to avoid seat belts doesn't make sense. The comfort collars actually are a seat belt that you buckle once you pull them down Unless Racers are getting a different version that don't suck. I'd much rather have a regular seat belt that doesn't take away my upper body freedom.

Nice rundown of the event, John! That means a USA Trip report is due right

The choice to add the comfort collars to avoid seat belts doesn't make sense. The comfort collars actually are a seat belt that you buckle once you pull them down Unless Racers are getting a different version that don't suck. I'd much rather have a regular seat belt that doesn't take away my upper body freedom.

I can't remember that far back anymore. LOL

yeah, those comfort collars were way awkward to get on on tempesto.

SFMM is making a huge mistake by getting the comfort collars for WCR.

I advise Neil and co. to drive down to SWSD to compare the load/unload time to their own Full Thottle before it's too late. The collars are WAY slower than the seat belts and they add another level of discomfort to the already terrible Premier lapbar/seat design.

My biggest gripe with the "comfort" collars is how far away they sit from the body for most people. Not only are they awkward and cumbersome to get into and out of (especially since Premier's trains are already very crammed), but they sit right at ear/temple height. Yes, they are soft, so it's not like they induce serious head banging or anything, but I would almost rather they sit close and tight against my body. Of course this will vary with different body types, but that is what I would personally prefer.

But despite my issue with the "comfort" collars, I do appreciate the fact that SFMM is taking an initiative to maximize capacity and ensure fast(er) operations so WCR can always race without prolonged pit stops. It is what it is and I'm still really looking forward to riding next year.

great TR from WCB a couple of pages back.

what did Andy think of MM? I've never been either, and it's something I plan to do in the future.

If WCB happens again next year, I'm gonna attend for sure!