TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

But Six Flags Great America is the cleanest park ever to have existed anywhere, right?

That is the biggest nonsense award ever given to them. I have visited 8 CF parks of the 11 and all were cleaner than SFGAm. Then there are places like Dollywood and BGW, etc..

If there is anyone who would like to cover the new ride announcement on August 29th at 9pm at SFMM please send me an email ASAP to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Include the following:

- Real Name

- TPR Screen Name

- Links to your social media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.

Well, that was quick! Already got it covered! Thanks everyone!

But Six Flags Great America is the cleanest park ever to have existed anywhere, right?

That is the biggest nonsense award ever given to them. I have visited 8 CF parks of the 11 and all were cleaner than SFGAm. Then there are places like Dollywood and BGW, etc..

I thought the original post was a sarcastic comment.

SFGAm is my "home" park, and, although I think the ride collection is pretty decent, the cleanliness is not so good, although I think SFMM and SFNE were worse (but I am not a regular at those two, so who knows).

It was given to them? Like by someone who doesn't work for them? I always figured that was one of their unsubstantiated claims like Best Chicken Fingers at a Six Flags or Twistiest Ride Named Goliath.

IMG_2245.thumb.jpg.30d08ffa994fe0ed5571747280e3e34a.jpg

i remember taking this picture and thinking, the damn door isn't even clean. lol but yeah, there isn't a source for the claim as cleanest theme park. maybe cleanest theme park in Gurnee, Il?

If there is anyone who would like to cover the new ride announcement on August 29th at 9pm at SFMM please send me an email ASAP to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Include the following:

- Real Name

- TPR Screen Name

Wait.... Is SFMM the only park that is having an actual Press announcement at the park and not the standard press release drop that they have done for the past ____ years?

I wonder if we should read into anything that this is an actual press conference...

Include the following:

- Real Name

- TPR Screen Name

Wait.... Is SFMM the only park that is having an actual Press announcement at the park and not the standard press release drop that they have done for the past ____ years?

I wonder if we should read into anything that this is an actual press conference...

That's how I feel. I also heard that Carowinds is doing a press announcement on the morning of the 30th. I wonder if they are trying to pull another wonder women/ rail blazer and announce it first. Except this time both get a Mack clone.

Can we discuss the fact that they are doing a press/media announcement in person? This must mean that the new ride is going to be worthwhile. If I remember correctly, wasn't twisted Colossus was a press release?

Being in Los Angeles, a 12AM video drop doesn't mean anything. 9PM event would mean it can be covered by the local 10PM and 11PM newscasts and get some real attention.

Can we discuss the fact that they are doing a press/media announcement in person? This must mean that the new ride is going to be worthwhile. If I remember correctly, wasn't twisted Colossus was a press release?

Being in Los Angeles, a 12AM video drop doesn't mean anything. 9PM event would mean it can be covered by the local 10PM and 11PM newscasts and get some real attention.

Exactly. But usually they try and do like a 3am drop for the 6am morning news hr.

You guys are really reading WAAAAAY too much into this. I mean, honestly, who cares? Does it really matter if SFMM is dropping their info at 9pm and everyone else does it at 5am? It will get announced when it's announced.

You guys are really reading WAAAAAY too much into this. I mean, honestly, who cares? Does it really matter if SFMM is dropping their info at 9pm and everyone else does it at 5am? It will get announced when it's announced.

Are any other six flags doing a press conference?

Are any other six flags doing a press conference?

Not that usual. Knotts did a press conference and we got Hangtime, so...

Six Flags has announced that the upcoming horror film Hell Fest will be the subject of a new maze for Fright Fest at Six Flags Magic Mountain!

hflogo.thumb.PNG.46abe601a17987b41cf6c55bbf9156b2.PNG

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, and CBS Films today announced an exclusive national partnership to provide Six Flags guests with a unique experience in support of CBS Films and Lionsgate’s latest horror movie release, Hell Fest, in theaters Friday, September 28, 2018.

Experience the haunted maze from the #HellFestMovie, in theaters Sept. 28, at three #SixFlags theme parks this #FrightFest.

In collaboration with Hell Fest creators, Six Flags and CBS Films are launching new haunted attractions based on the movie at three Six Flags theme parks this Fright Fest. The company’s industry leading entertainment teams at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA, Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ, and Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL, will transform haunted mazes into real life replicas of the movie’s most unnerving, goriest and most epic scenes.

“Our guests visit Fright Fest to experience the scariest and most haunting attractions in North America. Partnering with CBS Films adds a new, completely immersive in-park experience to our existing lineup and will take this year’s event to a whole new level of fear,” said Vice President of North America Strategic Marketing & Partnerships Stephanie Borges.

Guests who are brave enough to enter will walk through the Devil’s Mouth into The Hell Fest Maze and venture through a number of rooms, each themed to depict scenes straight from the movie, including:

• The Mausoleum, an increasingly narrow corridor that forces guests to feel the touch of death;
  • The Mask Room a haunting room filled with floating white faces that could spring to life when visitors least expect it;
  • The Doll Room, filled with dolls straight out of the worst nightmares; and
  • The Torture Chamber, where the bodies of the disassembled, dissected and disemboweled wish to share their horrific ending.

Room by room, guests must find their way out, or risk being trapped by “The Other,” the movie’s deranged antagonist.

“Fall means Halloween and for millions of people, Halloween means Fright Fest at their favorite Six Flags theme park,” commented the film’s director Gregory Plotkin, who continued, “We are excited for Six Flags patrons to have the unique opportunity to step inside the terrifying world of ‘Hell Fest.’ I can’t wait to hear the screams and laughter!”

Six Flags will also promote the movie’s nationwide release through Six Flags Media Networks platforms, including Nielsen measured Six Flags TV.

Fright Fest runs Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September 15 through October 31. Operating schedules vary by park. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com.

Devil.thumb.jpg.0e4e4ce1b668a7504ffa8e58f6c5900d.jpg

HiRezFF_logo.thumb.jpg.2ce099a1d8a2a4a3045bf780edff169f.jpg

TheOther.thumb.jpg.b89a9deffd22a77a6356d862de9384d4.jpg