• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

There are other jobs available.  Not even close to a fair comparison.  And I’m someone who is a causality of this nonsense. The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to kee

^I think this is a joke, referencing the actual, man made lake that used to reside in the front of the park.    https://denniscooperblog.com/back-from-the-dead-theme-park-map-day/

Posted Images

I was totally gonna post those here too but reddits easier from the phone. Up vote me!

But seriously, a racer and a launcher? And what victory are they talking about?

The "victory" is probably the first park to 20 roller coasters...

I could actually see something like a new Mack coaster and then another flat ride in the area! Maybe like a Zamperla Endeavor. Or they could add a Skywarp and they would be adding two new coasters! That'd be pretty spectacular.

To be honest they do have a lot more land to work with than it looks like. Especially if they remove the go karts. They already confirmed that Aftermath is coming back for fright fest this year at midsummer scream, but that space could very well become part of the project after fright fest.

Launching, count down, racing, victory...two is better than one...

I don't think they're being very vague here. A racing, side by side coaster with 2 separate racing tracks, that launches...does one of these even exist? If not, I can see MM grabbing that as a "first" record, not to mention all the other stuff they could throw in there.

I saw a picture of a Vekoma model doing precisely these types of maneuvers today on the Vekoma site. I have a feeling it's going to be a Vekoma. Which isn't a bad thing with all the awesome products they've been releasing lately. Here's a link:

https://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family-coasters/single-car-launch-coaster

They are going to brush the spiderwebs off of Batman and Robin: The Chiller and install it, marketing it as a new ride.

I would have no problem with this if they could get it working as originally intentended.

Are we all forgeting about the Six Flags survey with the ridiculous nolimits coaster design that is so ridiculous and if there is any way in hell it gets built I will s*it myself? That construction area is just a red herring lol. Or they are getting two new coasters.

Yeah.

a2ed7eec44c7b051e6d217e76ba245d9.jpg

I am pretty skeptical of the Mack rumor (those things are expensive!). I also doubt it will have a dual-tracked ride (also expensive and redundant after TC 3 years ago). Neither of those things line up with how Six Flags has been financially operating for the past decade.

I do think 2 launches sounds reasonable, but I still am not getting my hopes up too high.

I am pretty skeptical of the Mack rumor (those things are expensive!). I also doubt it will have a dual-tracked ride (also expensive and redundant after TC 3 years ago). Neither of those things line up with how Six Flags has been financially operating for the past decade.

I do think 2 launches sounds reasonable, but I still am not getting my hopes up too high.

Are you the one with "inside sources" at RMC? Have you heard anything?

If it's not Mack, my guess is another Premier Launch

I always hope Magic Mountain is going to blow me away with their addition. If this thing is impressive at all, I'll be making a return trip next year.

Part of me really wants to get pumped for this addition since there are so many possibilities, but the other part of me has to remember back in 2012 when they were gonna add a huge new coaster to the park, and while Full Throttle is fun, I don't think anybody will argue that it didn't quite turn out as expected. Also, this is Six Flags, and I just find it really difficult to believe they will drop a ton of money on a huge Mack coaster or something similar.

Of course, I REALLY hope I'm wrong!

Are we all forgeting about the Six Flags survey with the ridiculous nolimits coaster design that is so ridiculous and if there is any way in hell it gets built I will s*it myself?

Honestly, that video was the FIRST thing I thought of when j saw the construction wall posters. . . But yeah, I remembered the video and how "out there" it was so I didn't even give it a second thought.

Mobius racer like TC but launches instead of lifthills? Tho would have to be a loooooong circuit for it to actually race so I guess that's out...I hope it's not a racer simply because that probably doubles the price per linear foot so essentially a racer would be another half a coaster when they could spend the same on one track, twice the length..

Are you the one with "inside sources" at RMC? Have you heard anything?

If it's not Mack, my guess is another Premier Launch

I don't have any RMC sources, no. But I also don't see this being an RMC project. Sidenote - I don't really think there will be any domestic RMCs for 2019. No strong rumors, no closing wood coasters...

What if it's just the 2 person side by side of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso? The T-Rex track vs the Raptor track? Perhaps a bit larger than the Wonder Woman version. With a modified layout so as not to be a carbon copy of Railblazer.

That's my guess.

I am kind of thinking we will get two new coasters. # 1 - They will re-track Apocalypse and re-name it again into something new. and # 2 - A new recording breaking Mack coaster that will have loop-de-loops and last about 30 seconds. Perhaps, somehow they will interact with each other.