TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The park needs something BIG for 2019. Anything less won’t be able to steal the crowds from Star Wars Land. It’s possible the new Coaster could go over Roaring Rapids and the midways

Magic Mountain isn't competing with Disney. I sure wish a Disney pass was only $8/month though....

The park needs something BIG for 2019. Anything less won’t be able to steal the crowds from Star Wars Land. It’s possible the new Coaster could go over Roaring Rapids and the midways

I really don't think there is anything the park could realistically add that would be able to compete with Star Wars at Disney. SFMM is dealing with a regional crowd base. Disney is working with a global crowd base. You add something as iconic as Star Wars into the mix and the competition is over before it begins.

Survey markers could also indicate utility paths. Way too early to speculate on anything.

I won’t completely disagree with this, however, a survey company typically will not want the liability of locating buried utility’s. They are almost always marked from the respective utility companies and with a specific color associated for the type of utility (blue=water, yellow=gas, red=electric, orange=communications). Also, If they are there for marking utilities they aren’t going to mark them outside of the “work zone” by too much of a margin because it’s not needed. So it goes to show how large the area could potentially be.

You are so right.

I really don't think there is anything the park could realistically add that would be able to compete with Star Wars at Disney. SFMM is dealing with a regional crowd base. Disney is working with a global crowd base. You add something as iconic as Star Wars into the mix and the competition is over before it begins.

You nailed it!

^And.......

I do believe SFMM will be getting some type of racing speed machine after taking this survey.

Also some Funnel cake stand because it ask about funnel cake and best toppings.

Funnel Cake topped with French Fries and jalapeños.

Here's the naming survey:

k8jfocf7tle11.jpg

I personally hope the 2019 coaster is called Ninja!!

Am I the only one that read that as it says, which 3 would be the tallest? I didn't see where it was asking about new names. Are passholders and those with memberships supposed to be getting these surveys, because I didn't get one?

Am I the only one that read that as it says, which 3 would be the tallest? I didn't see where it was asking about new names. Are passholders and those with memberships supposed to be getting these surveys, because I didn't get one?

I've been a pass holder now for five years and have yet to receive a single email from the park about anything, ever. I've even requested they re-add my email to their distribution lists (after missing out on some sweet discount stuff others have mentioned), but still nothing. No surveys, no updates, not a thing.

I'm assuming there's was a page prior to the one shown above that states the question was specifically related to naming a new ride?

The email subject line says "New Ride Naming Survey" and the survey name is "Six Flags Ride Naming Survey."

The questions themselves range from things like which attractions sound like they spin the most, which ones sound the smoothest, which ones do you think would break world records, accelerate the fastest, fastest inversions, tallest inversions.

I just went through the survey again to get those but I feel like my questions weren't exactly the same the first time.

I just went through the survey, and I only noticed a couple things that really stood out to me.

Newarea.JPG.424ca533b60bb3937ce3fd23e943332a.JPG

Note that it mentions 7 rides

This would mean that at least 2 new rides would be added, if you say that Slingshot, Apocalypse, Dive Devil, Cyclone 500, and Jet Stream are all rides in that area (probably not Jet Stream but who knows). Apart from the coaster, I can only see room for development in Thrill Shot's old area and where Deja Vu used to be.

slingsanity.JPG.5ff05386dee69b5734c40d7915800798.JPG

The name Slingsanity, although horrible, would suggest that Slingshot will be staying in its current location with little to no modification. I'm still totally confused about what the theme of this new area could be, though.

I just went through the survey, and I only noticed a couple things that really stood out to me.

[attachment=0]Newarea.JPG[/attachment]

This would mean that at least 2 new rides would be added, if you say that Slingshot, Apocalypse, Dive Devil, Cyclone 500, and Jet Stream are all rides in that area (probably not Jet Stream but who knows). Apart from the coaster, I can only see room for development in Thrill Shot's old area and where Deja Vu used to be.

[attachment=1]slingsanity.JPG[/attachment]

The name Slingsanity, although horrible, would suggest that Slingshot will be staying in its current location with little to no modification. I'm still totally confused about what the theme of this new area could be, though.

Hopefully not after a stupid football team

I took the same survey, but said that Discovery Kingdom was my home park. It still said the exact same thing about adding a new area with three rides at that park.

Purely speculation on my part, but it sounds like Dive Devil and Cyclone 500 will be renamed and themed, with Slingshot possibly moving to the cleared out area next to Cyclone 500. The new ride will go across from that with the remaining buildings on the right side getting an upgrade and theme to the new area, and then a re tracked and renamed Apocalypse will reopen with the new ride (probably some sort of duel tracked one trick pony).

Also, I hope I'm wrong, but it's sounding more and more like my expectations for all this should remain fairly low.

If nothing else, that area should look a lot better and more organized.

Edited by Manic Monte

I've been a pass holder now for five years and have yet to receive a single email from the park about anything, ever. I've even requested they re-add my email to their distribution lists (after missing out on some sweet discount stuff others have mentioned), but still nothing. No surveys, no updates, not a thing.

If you're using GMail go hunting through spam. That happened to me. Google tends to notice when you blindly delete emails to your inboxes over time and flags those addresses as junk since you never open them. Let's be honest, unless it's one of these surveys I really don't give a flying frack about anything Six Flags wants to shove down my throat via email so I never opened them.