TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2205 - Opening Day Photo TR!

Went to the park Tuesday and it was fairly hot and crowded so my friend and I stopped in to see the Kwerk show for the first time...

...it was INCREDIBLE!!! Great music, ridiculously fun choreography, and 4 insane “circus acts.” There was so much talent on stage and the production value faaaar exceeded our expectations. It was so good, we decided to go back later in the day and watch it a second time!

Just wanted to say, don’t miss this! Kwerk (although a cringeworthy title) is really really special, and I’m honestly shocked it exists at Magic Mountain.

Agreed, Kwerk is a high quality show and a great way to escape the heat for a bit. I took a friend to the park for his first visit last July and it ended up being a super hot day. I'm used to warm weather at the park, but it was like 108 or something ridiculous like that. After riding TC a few times (with no lines, due to the heat I'm sure), we ducked into the Kwerk theater to cool off for a bit. Both of us came away impressed with the quality of talent and the overall production value of the show.

I have a feeling that they’ll end up demolishing a good amount of the buildings in Cyclone Bay since they’re never used and are pretty old and use all that extra space made to fit in a rollercoaster of some sort. There’s also a rumor that next month Apocalypse will close down for the rest of the season for a full on retrack and then Roaring Rapids will close down forever to make way for the coaster. I don’t know how true this all is but I thought I’d throw it out there.

I have a feeling that they’ll end up demolishing a good amount of the buildings in Cyclone Bay since they’re never used and are pretty old and use all that extra space made to fit in a rollercoaster of some sort. There’s also a rumor that next month Apocalypse will close down for the rest of the season for a full on retrack and then Roaring Rapids will close down forever to make way for the coaster. I don’t know how true this all is but I thought I’d throw it out there.

Those walls were up when I visited on Tuesday but I figured it was just because those buildings behind them were vacant and run-down. Wasn't one like an oxygen bar or something? That whole area needs a lot of work and serious investment — more than a coat of paint and some new cartoon characters.

milagesfmmtohilton.thumb.jpg.5c01a4c5dc772bc9ef9eb42dc03d6504.jpg

Hilton Garden Inn on The Old Road

Uber is your best bet if you don't want to waste hours using public transportation.

Well that pretty much sums up my request, thank you guys!

In looking at some online reviews as of 1/1/2018 the Hilton discounted the shuttle service to Six Flags due to the park going year round and the Hilton unwilling to hire a full time driver. (beats me) I just looked at that Hilton site and it lists "Local Area Transportation". To me that sounds like Six Flags is still in play. Perhaps its just a summer thing. Worse comes to worse you walk up the hill or walk next door to McDonald's and offer someone $5 US dollars and I'm certain you will get a lift.

So there is also the possibility to walk from the hotel? That would be great.

Okay when you live as close to SFMM as I do and have nothing but time, you Strava it out and see how far a location is. This is from Six Flags main entrance drop off area which is about 37 feet from metal detectors to enter the park. And the end spot is HIlton Garden Inn check in area. So its 4/5th of a mile and elev change of around 140 feet.

I made that walk about 4 or 5 times to and from that Hilton when I was there in 2013. It's definitely doable, but be prepared to be a bit gassed.

Yeah I agree. It's doable, just not fun. Many times I have stayed at the HGI with plans to walk to the park, but then as I got ready to do it I decided I really didn't want to. Plus it makes it that much harder to rest in your room in the middle of the day and come back.

I made that walk about 4 or 5 times to and from that Hilton when I was there in 2013. It's definitely doable, but be prepared to be a bit gassed.

Yeah I agree. It's doable, just not fun. Many times I have stayed at the HGI with plans to walk to the park, but then as I got ready to do it I decided I really didn't want to. Plus it makes it that much harder to rest in your room in the middle of the day and come back.

Now it's a little more dangerous with all the construction going on around the park. No this construction isn't 6 Flags related so don't get excited.

I'm looking forward to being there for the next several days and cooling off from the temps here in Phoenix.

I wouldn't be shocked if some hints leaked out soon, given they walled off a whole area of the park

Idk, 6 flags is pretty good about keeping secrets, even better than Apple

I get what you're trying to say, but Apple leaks literally everything...

This year SFMM marketing has been on people's* cases to not say anything and I honestly believe it's a bit more fun when an announcement happens that you don't expect.

*People as in department managers and certain full time employees who would otherwise pass along relevant information to other employees to start prepping for the addition.

I did notice that interestingly Zamperla changed the design of the arm itself for this one, on all the other instances of the Giant Discovery the arm is a constant width tube but this one has that HUSS-style tapering box structure

Cause this one is bigger than the other models