TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Well, I was just hired as a Ride Op at Six Flags Magic Mountain! Hopefully I’ll get to see y’all around the park these next few weeks! I’ll also be sure to get updates around the park hopefully weekly for you guys. So excited, it should be great!

We have an opportunity for someone to attend a construction tour of CraZanity this Friday afternoon. If you are interested in attending and willing to post a photo report from the event please contact robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following info:

- Your full name

- Your TPR screen name

- Links to your socials (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)

Hope we can find someone to attend!

Random SFMM question - I saw a vlog of someone there today, and it seemed like you can only use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. Is there an option for leaving baggage in any of the stations, or is it all locker-only?

Thanks

Previous paid for storage bins are $1 for I think, 2 hours. For Tatsu and X2, I highly recommend using them. I lost a Motorola Razor on Tatsu about 10 years ago going through that pretzel loop, man that phone was sweet. I got it back but it was destroyed. I thought I knew better, but Tatsu got the best of me. You learn not to mess with some rides as time goes by...

But honestly you'll find more often than not you can just get to the station and once the gates open to get on the ride just drop your stuff off on the unloading station and leave it there and the staff is cool with it and nobody will take it. Other than that, I've heard cargo pants are coming back in style, especially ones with the zippers, so if you wanna be a kool kid who's ahead of his time, you might try those out.

Well, I was just hired as a Ride Op at Six Flags Magic Mountain! Hopefully I’ll get to see y’all around the park these next few weeks! I’ll also be sure to get updates around the park hopefully weekly for you guys. So excited, it should be great!

Congrats, have fun!

Other than that, I've heard cargo pants are coming back in style, especially ones with the zippers, so if you wanna be a kool kid who's ahead of his time, you might try those out.

(Taking a risk that you might be joking but I think you're for real) I just bought some really cute ones with two zippered pockets, one big enough for my phone. I was surprised how good they look--like your traditional bog-standard dorky ones on the rack, but really nice on! I'm still working on the being cool part, though. The pants did not accomplish that.

Other than that, I've heard cargo pants are coming back in style, especially ones with the zippers, so if you wanna be a kool kid who's ahead of his time, you might try those out.

To be honest, I'm not a fashion kinda guy. I have worn cargo shorts many times when visiting Orlando parks, purely to keep my stuff safe.

Fashion, smashion... I don't let other people's opinions on anything dictate what I wear! I've worn cargo shorts for years, even NOT at parks, and will continue to do so, as long as I feel like it! But definitely at parks, my newest pair with the nice zippered pocket for my phone, will be my go-to!

We have an opportunity for someone to attend a construction tour of CraZanity this Friday afternoon. If you are interested in attending and willing to post a photo report from the event please contact robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following info:

- Your full name

- Your TPR screen name

- Links to your socials (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)

Hope we can find someone to attend!

Id love to go!

Hi Everyone,

Life has been busy and I have not been able to check in here as much, totally bummed I missed the opportunity to do a tour, especially that USA one. It reminds me of one I did way back before the first West Coast Bash with RideWorld way way way back.

Anyway just wanted to pop in here and see if there was any info about West Coast Bash returning this year later in the year?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered a million times before I am quickly jumping in here and asking. I remember seeing it get mentioned in an email.

Hope everyone is good.

: )

Paul

Hi Everyone,

Life has been busy and I have not been able to check in here as much, totally bummed I missed the opportunity to do a tour, especially that USA one. It reminds me of one I did way back before the first West Coast Bash with RideWorld way way way back.

Anyway just wanted to pop in here and see if there was any info about West Coast Bash returning this year later in the year?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered a million times before I am quickly jumping in here and asking. I remember seeing it get mentioned in an email.

Hope everyone is good.

: )

Paul

I know they said there would be one for 2018, I dont remember if they gave a date range. We'll probably get more info within a few months.

Robb sent out this email on February 19th

The coaster wheels are in motion...

West Coast Bash 2018 at Knott's Berry Farm & Six Flags Magic Mountain is

happening!

Details coming in the not so distant future...

Now may be a good time to register or renew your Club TPR Membership!

http://www.clubtpr.com/

Stay tuned...

--Robb Alvey

has TC always opened late these weekdays or am i just the lucky one waiting until 3pm?

TC opened with the park when I was there last Tuesday. Apoc and Justice League were closed in the morning but opened up in the afternoon. Revolution and Green Lantern were closed all day though.

has TC always opened late these weekdays or am i just the lucky one waiting until 3pm?

TC opened with the park when I was there last Tuesday. Apoc and Justice League were closed in the morning but opened up in the afternoon. Revolution and Green Lantern were closed all day though.

ah, maybe they just rotate late openings. hour to go.

Apocalypse is still running their octagonal wheels on train 2 back car.

I got to go on the construction tour of the CraZanity site today hosted by Neal Thurman, Sue Carpenter, and Tim Dofflow.

While the ride isn't vertical yet, they have laid the foundation and are going to be starting the process soon. This is definitely a better use of this space than letting the Metro station continue to fall apart. All the parts for the ride are in the overflow lot. They've been working on everything around the ride including repainting the boardwalk games and the Johnny Rockets.

They then walked us over to the refreshed bumper cars which they've renamed from Sandblasters to Jammin' Bumpers. They've repainted the ride, updated the cars, and added a fancy sound/lights package to bolster the experience. Along with that, they removed the wall along the walkway so the whole area will be more open.

Last up was Scrambler which has been given a nice green and blue color scheme. They're currently adding a shade cover over the ride.

I like what they're doing. It's a small but necessary step toward making the entire park more appealing, not just the major themed lands. This stretch of the park has always just been something to pass through for me but now there will actually be a reason to stop. Plus, they're opening another place that sells beer!

525388234_DSC05194Rooms.thumb.JPG.7dbcd082204e95762152445945270ff6.JPG

Looking toward where the control room and operator's rooms will be.

904613399_DSC05204elevation.thumb.JPG.93607b9d9ccff1f9037c5f6f8283e10f.JPG

Looking toward the future site of the ride. The whole thing's gonna look even bigger with it on a hill like that.

995791559_DSC05211bumpercarsoverview.thumb.JPG.cc44a2a7fafb83902402406f639a694c.JPG

Jammin' Bumpers looking all shiny and new. They repainted the entire of the ride.

1237383379_DSC05213bumpercarscloseup1.thumb.JPG.beb17a3f4924d3a0f3af85f1bb6f6490.JPG

A few of the cars with the new paint jobs.

1877545443_DSC05217lightsonbumpercars.thumb.JPG.7e10991182c2b910d6a0235dc6caa50f.JPG

Rave lights have been added.

2044430834_DSC05224bumpercarscloseup2.thumb.JPG.b046f9e081cd1dc5e5d370da04599fa3.JPG

They brought a car over for us to see close up and they really look great. They also redid the seats.

1826428237_DSC05233newridesigns.thumb.JPG.02338f5d2156300be277f08b200e596e.JPG

New ride signs. "Don't call me Sandblasters!"

1547199907_DSC05236bumpercarsentrance.thumb.JPG.bfa9c85b649308f16f0f3238fd6561ca.JPG

Looking at the entrance to Jammin' Bumpers. They've still got some painting to do around the outside.

760607851_DSC05238scrambler1.thumb.JPG.e8c0a9df7d9f6e3cb46bd5f588d3bb89.JPG

I like these colors than that faded yellow the ride had had for years.

1690319247_DSC05248restroomexterior.thumb.JPG.603fb4eb783f1ba030e7d008c8a79a8b.JPG

Last up, they've repainted the bathroom....

377992214_DSC05250mensroom.thumb.JPG.e22e2340484f1066dfe6e6e4c1b48331.JPG

...and totally remodeled the interior! Sweet! There are getting to be fewer and fewer bathrooms at Magic Mountain that make me feel like I'm at a campground.

1031196191_DSC05254scramblersign.thumb.JPG.208a3f2f7c575ce2e6319d0868285474.JPG

Looking at the repainted queue area and new signage.

1180545054_DSC05264scrambler.thumb.JPG.eafce291a8b30ffbc2dadf3b5871fd82.JPG

Over this will soon be a shade structure which will be nice on those brutal summer days to come.

1257574019_DSC05274boardwalkgames.thumb.JPG.839bd1668e5e5771e245da913acc4754.JPG

But seriously, this whole area is looking awesome.

800520515_Footer5186.thumb.JPG.20029fdd49ef2f9a7c46b9163bd551f0.JPG

A giant footer for the ride.

Even though it's fun to make jokes about how ridiculously long it takes SFMM to install a flat ride, this is going to be a fantastic addition to the park. And all of the upgrades I've seen (especially the bathrooms, that was so needed) look great. Hopefully it will be open when I visit in July, but I'm keep my expectations low tbh.

30 min wait for Viper? I thought that ride was not even popular anymore.

I f you actually waited 30 minutes for Viper you are at the park on the wrong day. Only time it should have that much of a wait is a holiday weekend or Freight Fest.

Even though it's fun to make jokes about how ridiculously long it takes SFMM to install a flat ride

The only project moving at a slower pace is the construction on I-5 near the park.

JUly 2020 on I-5. That is the over/under.

Even though it's fun to make jokes about how ridiculously long it takes SFMM to install a flat ride

The only project moving at a slower pace is the construction on I-5 near the park.

i totally screwed up driving there and was stuck on the wrong side where the north bound splits and had to drive right past the park, then, turn around when i could exit. LOL

also in burbank, they've been seemingly working on the 5 for years.

since i basically almost never see the park from the south bound 5, i forget how cool the park look from that side.

"...and totally remodeled the interior! Sweet! There are getting to be fewer and fewer bathrooms at Magic Mountain that make me feel like I'm at a campground."

For once, it would be nice to hope the GP actually doesn't trash them within 30 days and treats all of the refurbs with some respect...but I just finished the KBF thread from the weekend and I have now have little to no hope of such an occurrence...so enjoy them while they are new!!