TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

An inside source has given us some steamy details on Mariah and Nick's tacky Magic Mountain wedding party - namely what went down in the loo.

First off, Mimi had her own private pot to piss in, with guards right outside the bathroom -- you know, to keep her friends out.

Fear not, M and N went all-out making sure their guests were comfy in their non-private sh***ers. We're told the boys' bathrooms had tissues, a cup full of gum, and a candle. The ladies were treated to pink mats, gum, Listerine, and a basket full of hairspray.

Our source also revealed that the newlyweds were driven around the park in a golf cart. And that at all times, Mariah was followed by a hairstylist and makeup artist. It's like that, huh?

There are new pictures up on the official website. If you look at the first picture, there is something on the train we have not seen before which the arrows are pointing out. Then if look at the second picture from WCB there is nothing there. Can this possibly be speakers for the on-board audio we heard about?

x_dummy24.JPG.c254a14dfc3290a8e0183ed545083ff5.JPG

wcb_robb_72.jpg.a947a0ec783c723214cfd05ef8a56e37.jpg

I am impressed that Six Flags is going this route and not taking short cuts (rock n Scream).

I am wondering if the music is going to be any thing like whats in the commercial that is now playing on TV. It dose fit the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZCXLw3mQOI&feature=related

I guess we'll find out next week!

Funny if those really are onboard speakers. I wonder if that was always the plan, or since when. Tim Burkhart pretty much dismissed the notion at WCB, saying onboard audio systems are very heavy and expensive. I'm glad they worked it out, because I think the "Scream!" setup just wasn't cutting it.

As long as we are talking about X2...

Here are some picture of new light on X2's lift:

Notice the round white lights, as well as the red LED flat lights up the length of the entire lift.

i cant rely see X2 in the dark......

what would look really cool if on the bottom of the coaster there was blinking red flashes of light that would make it look more thrilling....

the down side is that it might cause segures....

Funny if those really are onboard speakers. I wonder if that was always the plan, or since when. Tim Burkhart pretty much dismissed the notion at WCB, saying onboard audio systems are very heavy and expensive.

Our group got this same answer when I asked Tim this question during WCB. I'd be shocked if they got this together in less than 3 months. Not that I'd complain if he was withholding information.

On-board audio or not, I still look forward to see how the new trains will enhance the ride. Downtime or not, rough or smooth, X was a hard ride to top. I told guests all the time when they would ask me which rides were the best, I told them to save X for the finale.

I heard the park had a rough weekend because of staffing...Guess that is what happens when your "120% staffing level" as they said at WCB is made up of mostly minors!

I also heard they are not giving the X2 passes to people who bought/processed passes too early in the season.

Not a strong start to summer?

I said it when I worked there, and I'll say it now...Minors aren't the way to go, but the way it was explained to me, it is a hump they can't quite get over. When they have to cut overtime, it's hard to convince adults to drive from from the San Fernando Valley to work for six hours a day at 8.50 an hour. When they have it in the budget to staff people for 13-14 hours agian you'd see the adult employee rate increase.

I heard the park had a rough weekend because of staffing...Guess that is what happens when your "120% staffing level" as they said at WCB is made up of mostly minors!

I also heard they are not giving the X2 passes to people who bought/processed passes too early in the season.

Not a strong start to summer?

I can back up that claim. I bought mine during the one day sale in December and got it processed the third weekend in January and I didn't get a pass. In fact I didn't even get a coupon book until my second visit in February.

I could have gotten my X2 pass at WCB, but I was preoccupied and didn't get over to the Season Pass place. I did go back on a later visit and was told that they were no longer available.

Eric

Yeah I don't get that being that we signed up during the time that we were told we would get one!!!

I was even accused of lying this past weekend when they told me I didn't process my pass until May 11!?!?!? I felt like ripping into the guy but it wasn't worth it.

What are the X2 passes? Do you mean the coupon books they give out? My friends and I got our passes in December and picked up the coupon books without problem at WCB.

One thing that frustrated me was we had our passes processed in December they told us we could only have one coupon book per order instead of one per pass. This seemed stupid to me. For one, no where on the website did it say that when we were ordering. Also, we were saving everyone work by ordering them together. I decided to not argue at that moment in time and would deal with it when we actually picked up the books. I emailed using the form on the website but received no response. Sure enough when we went to get the coupon books at WCB they gave each of us one with no questions asked. I just wonder if anyone lost out because of what they were told.

After reading several posts, Im hearing about a new loading system that they have for the ride. Does anyone know what exactly that is or looks like? is it like the loading system for the other S&S 4D coaster with the dropping floor?