TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Great news! They are removing VR from TNR temporarily starting January 2nd! So I'd recommend heading up soon for some faster dispatches.

That is fantastic news! While I'd like to think they've come to their senses, I suspect it's maintenance related. They probably need time to scoop out all the bacteria and chisel the encrusted mucus out of the masks

How are crowds today? I'm planning on swinging by tomorrow and was hoping post-Christmas crowds wouldn't be too awful.

Busier then a witches booty today (12/26)!!!

15 rows into the gravel overflow lot!!!

Guess being a federal holiday and banks also closed and just lots of out of towners.

It was cold as flying fig also!!!

Busiest H.I.P. day by far!!!

Isn't this week supposed to be one of the busiest times of the year for SoCal theme parks in general? A friend wanted to go to Knotts today, but a quick peek at previous years' "Is It Packed?" data suggests it would be an absolute zoo. The fam and I went to Disneyland a couple of years back in the week following xmas, and the park completely sold out around 12pm. You couldn't move at all in Main St. Grim.

^^^ Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm a little sad that Waterfront's not being torn down and rebuilt in the process. I still pity anyone who has to work in those dreadfully old kitchens.

They were somewhat vague about "new food and beverage options" so perhaps those will be demoed later on once the park enters the off season.

Random question with all the talk of how busy it is... Does Magic Mountain have an official capacity? Is there a point where they stop letting people in? And if you know, how does that cutoff point compare to other California parks?

It's a very large number. They reach parking capacity before the park reaches capacity, and the police department tends to just close off the entrance to the park when parking capacity is reached.

With all the cheap passes they sell it seems like it got close to that range the majority of the times I've been there this year the ques!!! lol but I'm not at all mad at that. I like to hear and see that the park is packed yeah it may suck waiting in the lines but in my mind a packed park hopefully leads to better services and new rides, attractions or Coasters

Edited by johnnyknottsville

^^^ Not sure what the cutoff number is. Yes, the lot fills up fast, and that's how I judge how busy it will be once everyone gets into the park. I have asked the question - what is a normal day attendance? The answer I've received was around 15,000. I'm sure today will be very busy since it's the last day of nice dry warm weather.

I don't know the true fire martial capacity of the park, but, like it has been stated previously, the parking lot capacity is actually the determining factor in Magic Mountain's attendance cap. The highest attended day this year was the second to last weekend of Fright Fest and that was about 36k for daily attendance. That's not even guests in park at one time, that's the overall day. So the highest number of guests you will ever see in park at one time is a bit less than that number.

That 36k number doesn't even touch the fire martial capacity for the park I'm sure. The nice thing about sitting on 260+ acres of land is that all of the midways don't get packed (unlike Disneyland) however the park certainly has its choke points. If they ever decided to expand their parking, they could definitely fit more people in the park. (Although even 20k is quite a crowded day at the park as it is...)

Also, average day in the summer ranges from 10-18k per day, with Saturdays being the large exception to that rule. Saturday is the one day a week where the park is almost guaranteed to have a sizeable crowd, so it's always a good idea to go any other day of the week.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk