TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

How can it possibly be worse than its namesake at GAdv?

The GAdv Green Lantern is bliss compared to the SFMM one (I've ridden both). If the line for GL is long, just ask a random stranger to restrain your arms and then have their friends punch and kick you in the neck until you pass out. That way you'll get a good sense of what the ride's like.

Green Lantern being down would be a positive, trust me. I know we all love our credits but it's not worth it... lol.

How can it possibly be worse than its namesake at GAdv?

I agree that Green Lantern at Great Adventure is horrendous, and it's easily the worst B&M out there. That being said it has NOTHING on Green Lantern at Magic Mountain. I don't know my exact coaster count, it's somewhere around 300 but I can say with no hesitation whatsoever that this thing is the worst coaster I've ridden that's still in operation. To call this a piece of sh** coaster would be an insult to all other piece of sh** coasters because they don't deserve to be compared to this torture device. F** Green Lantern.

Is Lex Luthor back open? I remember it was closed for a while previously but don't recall anyone saying that it's back open now and the ride list on the site doesn't say that it's closed.

For the past few times I've been (including a visit just a few days ago), it was open.

That's awesome, thanks!

As for Green Lantern, I've never been on it and don't plan to. But if it's open, I'm not going to complain that it's pulling people from other lines.

Green Lantern (at SFMM) is extremely subjective. I've had fantastic rides not it, and I've had totally awful rides on it. If SFMM would just open up all the resistance to let the cars spin freely like its counterpart in Sweden, it could be such a good ride. But I doubt that will happen.

I haven't ridden the one at SFGAdv, but I have ridden Mantis which is fairly similar, and it was awful. Yet Riddler's Revenge is fantastic. B&M really did something with their stand-ups between 1997 and 1998 since RR and Scorcher seem to be the best ones out there.

A like coasterbill said, even if Silver Star and OzIris are boring and forceless, at least they don't smash your brain to pieces. It depends what you define as a "bad B&M".

Is it worth pre-purchasing Platinum Flash Passes (for $125 each) from the website for our planned visit in late March?

Unfortunately, it is the week before Easter and what I understand to be Spring Break so will be quite busy? Looking at a midweek day.

IS it one of those no-brainer "get the pass" type of days or a "wait and see" tyoe of day?

Being a season pass holder I got an email today regarding the Six Flags dining pass. Apparently, until Saturday, a dining pass is only $50. My only issue is it says you get get lunch and a snack, where as from I recall the other dining passes let you get lunch, a snack, and dinner.

I'm actually not a big fan of these things as I'm not a big "food" person when it comes to rather unhealthy Six Flags food options, but I'm wondering, has anyone else gotten this email or does anyone else have info as to whether this is a regular food pass at a discount that would include dinner, or is this a cheap-o discount that would only include the lunch and snack option?

Also interested to see if any other pass holders got this email as it hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread.

Also interested to see if any other pass holders got this email as it hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread.

Despite being a pass holder, and despite signing up for email notifications multiple times, I never ever get any emails from SFMM about deals. Although I'm not sure I'd get a food pass myself (there's next to nothing at the park that I would eat), I know some friends who might be interested.

Being a season pass holder I got an email today regarding the Six Flags dining pass. Apparently, until Saturday, a dining pass is only $50. My only issue is it says you get get lunch and a snack, where as from I recall the other dining passes let you get lunch, a snack, and dinner.

I'm actually not a big fan of these things as I'm not a big "food" person when it comes to rather unhealthy Six Flags food options, but I'm wondering, has anyone else gotten this email or does anyone else have info as to whether this is a regular food pass at a discount that would include dinner, or is this a cheap-o discount that would only include the lunch and snack option?

I was at SF:DK this past Sunday and over heard some other guy buying a dining pass. I guess there's a regular one (lunch n dinner) but it doesn't come with a blue 2016 cup or the snack option. Might also come with more limited choices.

However if its 50 dollars for the gold dining pass, that's a pretty good deal if you actually like the food. mine was like 80-90 dollars or so during the 2015 labor day sale BTW.

Green Lantern (at SFMM) is extremely subjective. I've had fantastic rides not it, and I've had totally awful rides on it. If SFMM would just open up all the resistance to let the cars spin freely like its counterpart in Sweden, it could be such a good ride. But I doubt that will happen.

I agree with this. It's about 50/50 good/bad for me. The bad rides hurt my head via being dropped on my head where the good rides are awesome and somewhat scary, but I still would rather ride MM's Green Lantern any day. Not a huge fan of standup coasters and that one was no exception

1352191799_GreenLanterncopy.jpeg.8b071b1375c7ba56a74b240ad3ac658f.jpeg

Green Lantern: Not my fave

Screamscape reported "Titan" was trademarked by Six Flags. Since a dive coaster for SFMM is the only rumored coaster for Six Flags right now (not saying it will happen), what do you guys think of the name Titan for a dive coaster?(not saying thats what the name would be) I personally love it since i think this is one of Six Flags's better names and it fits a dive coaster really well. However, I was hoping for a more original name if this indeed turns out to be true.

It doesn't bother me that a lot of people don't like Green Lantern (the one at this park), coaster opinions are mostly subjective and not everyone likes the same things. I only don't agree with telling people that have never ridden it (or any coaster really) "Dont ever try it even once, because I rode it and hated it"...some people, like me - really love the coaster. You never know, they might like it too. If they ride it once and hate it, great..but I'll ride anything at least once just to see if my opinion is different from everyone else's. GL is one of my favorite coasters due to its unpredictability, and it wouldn't be if I just listened to everyone else instead of riding it for myself to see.

^ I agree with this. I know when I visit a park for he first time, I want to ride everything, ESPECIALLY the infamous ones people seem to hate. I want to either decide I agree with the masses, or as what often happens, I end up not getting the hate. Personally I both love and hate Green Lantern depending on the ride I get.

Screamscape reported "Titan" was trademarked by Six Flags. Since a dive coaster for SFMM is the only rumored coaster for Six Flags right now (not saying it will happen), what do you guys think of the name Titan for a dive coaster?(not saying thats what the name would be) I personally love it since i think this is one of Six Flags's better names and it fits a dive coaster really well. However, I was hoping for a more original name if this indeed turns out to be true.

Does anything make the dive coaster rumor stand out any more than every other rumor? It seemed to have come out of nowhere.

Titan has been a SixFlags name for a dozen years already...

Puh-puh-puh-leeeeese don't do a dive coaster! I imagine if they do they will probably try to beat Cedar Point's height record...

That being said I'd rather have a RMC single rail coaster that's not forceless and has some real airtime!

T-Rex giga please!

Puh-puh-puh-leeeeese don't do a dive coaster! I imagine if they do they will probably try to beat Cedar Point's height record...

That being said I'd rather have a RMC single rail coaster that's not forceless and has some real airtime!

Just curious, have you ridden a dive machine?