TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 2201: The West Coast Customs Cruis’n the Park Car Show

Have I died and gone to heaven? Both Revolution AND Ghostrider to be refurbished , and in the same YEAR???

You've got to be kidding me...

Seriously! Great moves by Knott's and SFMM to restore these classic rides to their former glory. I've got so many great childhood memories riding Revolution, it's great that they are getting new trains and giving it a makeover. I rode Sooperdooperlooper this summer at Hershey with the new Gerstlauer trains and it was super smooth, we rode it like 5-6 times every day we where there. If the Revolution makeover is anywhere close to what Hershey did with SDL, then we're all going to be very happy.

On a side note, love some of the flats that SF is putting in at their parks. Maybe SFMM gets a giant Frisbee in 2017?

• Replies 55k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

There are other jobs available.  Not even close to a fair comparison.  And I’m someone who is a causality of this nonsense. The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to kee

^I think this is a joke, referencing the actual, man made lake that used to reside in the front of the park.    https://denniscooperblog.com/back-from-the-dead-theme-park-map-day/

Posted Images

Not sure where I read it, but it seems they are keeping the old Revolution chassis and replacing everything above them. That's good! They will retain slightly loose/heavenly-noise-making Schwarzkopf feel (as opposed to the super-spring-tight feel of many new chassis designs).

Remember how they did the whola David Vs Goliath promotion for the grand opening of Goliath? Where a bunch of people named David were on the first train out? They should do something similar with this but with a bunch of old geezers riding.

This is so exciting! Colossus and Revolution are both legendary coasters. I'm glad to see them being treated as such with these recent projects.

Side note: Six Flags is killing it with California in 2016! I can't wait to ride Revolution and Joker!

I was hoping this is what they did for this year! Can't wait to ride this the way Anton intended for it. Gotta think SFMM doesn't get another coaster until the 50th anniversary, as that would be their 20th. Thinking maybe a frisbee, a star flyer, Justice League dark ride, and water park something or other over next few years.

Wait we are hardly Old Geezers...I was 9 in '76 and cannot even recall how many x I rode Revolution...this is fantastic news...now I need a new Q&A ? I really, really hope the trims are removed as well...between this, Ghostrider, and the Joker, I can only hope there is some magical TPR CA trip in 2016!!

Does the revamp of Revolution, getting rid of, or at least toning down the brakes on top of the hill before the loop and during the tunnel? They are very strong and could lead to some injury with just lap bars.

Also, I am curious how many people have bitched to Robb now that Revolution will be closed now for West Coast Bash!

Remember how they did the whola David Vs Goliath promotion for the grand opening of Goliath? Where a bunch of people named David were on the first train out? They should do something similar with this but with a bunch of old geezers riding.

I'm all for that!!

^^ Just TC is worth the price of WCB easily

Does the revamp of Revolution, getting rid of, or at least toning down the brakes on top of the hill before the loop and during the tunnel. They are very strong and could lead to some injury will just lap bars.

Also, I am curious how many people have bitched to Robb that Revolution will be closed now for West Coast Bash!

Just one, me. I wasnt so much bitching though as mildly disappointed since it has just happened to be closed for the last several years in a row when I was there..its often hard to tell the difference between "Ah bummer, oh well" and "omwtf you suck" in a message board post, and mine was the former.

Make no mistake however - the fact that I won't be riding Revolution at all during WCB doesn't disappoint me at all knowing that it's finally going to be restored! I can't wait to come back when it reopens!

They should get Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Lynda Carter, KISS, Timothy Bottoms, etc. to ride the first train. They could do a big promotion, the "Geezer Train!" Just think of all the famous people who rode that ride.

I was hoping this is what they did for this year! Can't wait to ride this the way Anton intended for it. Gotta think SFMM doesn't get another coaster until the 50th anniversary, as that would be their 20th. Thinking maybe a frisbee, a star flyer, Justice League dark ride, and water park something or other over next few years.

The way Roy Walley intended.

They should get Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Lynda Carter, KISS, Timothy Bottoms, etc. to ride the first train. They could do a big promotion, the "Geezer Train!" Just think of all the famous people who rode that ride.

As long as Sparks provides the music to the ceremony!

The way Roy Walley intended.

I have a few questions about memberships to Six Flags.

Am I reading this correctly?:

I get a Gold Season Pass and Gold Meal Season Pass for $13.99 a month for 12 months? ($167.88 total, before fees)

Or

Is it going to be $5.99 + $13.99 for a total of $19.98 per month? ($239.76 total, before fees)

I ask because in the past Six Flags has charged interest on their monthly payment plans and if I buy the passes outright, it comes to a total of $156.98 (before fees) which is substantially less the $19.98 per month price.

I just want to make absolutely sure what I'm getting into.

You're better off buying the regular membership with the monthly payments and then the Dining Pass separately for the $85 gold price upgrade sale. It doesn't look like they're offering the cheaper dining pass price for the membership option.

What a pleasant surprise! This should vastly improve the ride experience.

I never expected the "renovate Revolution" pipe dream to become a reality. But for all the criticism this park gets, I think this decision deserves a lot of praise. It seems the park listened to its customers and took an opportunity to enhance an existing attraction, which they didn't often do before Twisted Colossus.

Two remaining questions: Will Twisted Colossus's 4th train be shipped with the new trains for New Revolution? And after New Revolution, will the park send the painters over to Tatsu?

If season passes were $150, they would still be a steal.

As long as Sparks provides the music to the ceremony!

I LOVE that song, due to that movie! It's got a permanent spot on my playlist. "Big boy comes around, throws his weight around, throws our girls around, leaves without a sound!"