TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

I saw a video on Instagram showing that the ride has a small launch before the pre lift section. It launches it about 15 mph. I'm not sure I'm allowed to link it but check out thrillcapitaloftheworld on Instagram.

i'd call it a powerful drive wheel. imo, not really anything to get too excited about.

I saw a video on Instagram showing that the ride has a small launch before the pre lift section. It launches it about 15 mph. I'm not sure I'm allowed to link it but check out thrillcapitaloftheworld on Instagram.

Someone posted a video of that just a couple of pages back.

If you end uo getting halted, which I thought I saw in the animations, then not exactly a big deal, but if carries that lil boost of speed through all those pre lift hops and twistys could make a really fun pre lift intro. I haven't heard anyone comment on such a thing yet however.

Considering that both media days are tomorrow (I think TC is tomorrow), which media day, if any, do you think Alan Shilke will attend? I know WC is tomorrow but I'm on the east coast so I haven't been following TC

Probably WC since he since says it's the better ride

i'd call it a powerful drive wheel. imo, not really anything to get too excited about.

Wonder if the "launch" on TC is a sign of further things to come from RMC?

*cough* Dollywood *cough cough*

I thought this was covered but I cannot find it now, if I purchase a Gold Pass for my son this week, will it be good on Friday Preview day?? Can he enter the park with the print out and go and get the actual card at any point during the day (like at KBF)? Sorry for the mundane ?'s...

I thought this was covered but I cannot find it now, if I purchase a Gold Pass for my son this week, will it be good on Friday Preview day?? Can he enter the park with the print out and go and get the actual card at any point during the day (like at KBF)? Sorry for the mundane ?'s...

Yes . Print at home and arrive at the park and proceed to the turnstile. They will scan the bar code on your print at home slip and give you a permanent card and take your fingerprint.

How crowded do you think it will be on Thursday for the preview? The park is only open tell 6pm and most people can't take off weekdays because of work. School is also in session. I'm praying for easy breezing. I imagine it also helps that TC has a big capacity. What do you think?

I have a few minutes to write my full thoughts on Twisted Colossus.

I'll preface my review that I have never anticipated a coaster more than this one. I've been waiting for this to happen to Colossus ever since I saw the first drop on New Texas Giant being constructed. I remember at a WCB 4 years ago that some of the management had flew to Texas and LOVED the coaster, so I knew to sit patiently and wait for California to finally receive the airtime machine that they had desperately needed. Then the clues started piling in and the announcement came, 18 moments of airtime, I was beyond excited! Watching for the past nine months have been grueling, but I knew my patience would pay off. I had my first chance to ride Twisted Colossus yesterday, and it was absolutely everything I wanted/needed it to be, California FINALLY has a "Top Tier Coaster"!

Now for my ride, when they say "18 moments of airtime," it is NOT an exaggeration. There is so much time out of your seat on this ride, it is anything but dull. Each first drop is very similar, pure ejector all the way down in the back seat. There's a "kink" on each drop where it slightly turns right and it's quite interesting to feel that turn while being ejected out of your seat! The small pop after the drop is exactly that, just one split second of airtime (similar to the small pops on GCI coasters, but stronger airtime). Then comes the hill into the high five... you have sustained airtime everywhere in the train, but especially in the front! The green side is even crazier because of the bank that you enter while still being ejected. The high five is strange, but in a good way! The blue side is neat, definitely slightly mellower than the green, you feel like your sideways for SO long. The green side of the high five is insane, you are ejected sideways towards the blue side, it's ridiculously quick, like the I305/Maverick transitions! The double down is great too, whipped through the element VERY fast. But the blue drop under the double down is a true highlight of the ride, in the back row you are out of your seat for a very sustained amount of time. In fact, this part of the blue side is insane with ejector airtime, after that drop, you get a nice/small pop of airtime into the full airtime hill under the stall. This hill felt like an El Toro hill where your are purely ejected the WHOLE time, amazing! The stall on the green side is amazing to, a very strange feeling and probably the most comfortable "hangtime" I've felt on a ride, just really smooth. Next was the blue zero-g roll which was very good, very fast, and had a unique turn going through it (you'll be able to tell once a POV comes out). I wish B&M still made elements with transitions this fast (the zero-g felt as fast as Kumba's). Finally on the ride, we had the double up and the outward bank. The double up had decent pops of airtime, not very sustained, but still amazing. The outward bank is best in the front, kind of an odd element, just one more example of TC trying to throw you out of the train! The coaster as a whole is very smooth, but with all the quick transitions ("twisty-ness") it can throw you around a bit, I had to occasionally brace myself a bit. The dueling was great too, a lot of fun to look at the other riders, another level of uniqueness to the experience!

The ride is seriously amazing you guys. It completed exceeded my (very high) expectations. I couldn't have asked for more (which is something that SFMM is guilty of... Full Throttle...). If you live in California and haven't travelled outside and experienced real ejector airtime, you NEED to ride this, like NOW! It's without a doubt, the BEST coaster in the state, absolutely amazing! I can't wait to hear more reviews, especially from people who have ridden more coasters than I have.

For anyone wondering, Twisted Colossus comes in at #4 on my favorite steel coasters. I have a clear preference for Intamin coasters, but now it looks like there's a new company in town that can compete with them! I need to get out to SDC, the Texas parks, and Mexico to get on more of these RMCs. They're insane!

1. Intimidator 305

2. Bizarro

3. Skyrush

4. Twisted Colossus

5. Millennium Force

6. Maverick

7. Goliath (SFOG)

8. Storm Runner

9. Nitro

10. SheiKra

Recent reports have noted that "They're getting the timing down so that two trains are always racing".

timing of mechanics of the lift hill('s) or of the crews shoving general public in? the last time i went to SF:DK I got in the back row of Roar and the old couple directly in front of me the wife tried to sit down with a napsack bag. I really wanted to shout "Really!?" but held my tongue. then they were shutting the gates and she was standing in the middle of it not sure to exit from the entrance or the exit. Meanwhile the ride attendants aren't doing a whole lot.

Hope TC never gets to that point of workers not caring and ejecting people from the line before they get in line let alone inside of the boarding area.

Can someone PLEASE clarify what makes Insane considered a top 10 ride, yet green lantern (a CLONE), gets bashed so much by the community?? I'm extremely confused.

I think it's mainly because Insane's cars aren't tightened so much that they no longer flip.

Can someone PLEASE clarify what makes Insane considered a top 10 ride, yet green lantern (a CLONE), gets bashed so much by the community?? I'm extremely confused.

SFMM added weights to the vehicle to limit the amount of flipping the cars do. Instead of rotating over the edges as intended, the cars don't always flip, which is quite painful since you are being thrown into the restraint.

I have a few minutes to write my full thoughts on Twisted Colossus.

I'll preface my review that I have never anticipated a coaster more than this one. I've been waiting for this to happen to Colossus ever since I saw the first drop on New Texas Giant being constructed. I remember at a WCB 4 years ago that some of the management had flew to Texas and LOVED the coaster, so I knew to sit patiently and wait for California to finally receive the airtime machine that they had desperately needed. Then the clues started piling in and the announcement came, 18 moments of airtime, I was beyond excited! Watching for the past nine months have been grueling, but I knew my patience would pay off. I had my first chance to ride Twisted Colossus yesterday, and it was absolutely everything I wanted/needed it to be, California FINALLY has a "Top Tier Coaster"!

Now for my ride, when they say "18 moments of airtime," it is NOT an exaggeration. There is so much time out of your seat on this ride, it is anything but dull. Each first drop is very similar, pure ejector all the way down in the back seat. There's a "kink" on each drop where it slightly turns right and it's quite interesting to feel that turn while being ejected out of your seat! The small pop after the drop is exactly that, just one split second of airtime (similar to the small pops on GCI coasters, but stronger airtime). Then comes the hill into the high five... you have sustained airtime everywhere in the train, but especially in the front! The green side is even crazier because of the bank that you enter while still being ejected. The high five is strange, but in a good way! The blue side is neat, definitely slightly mellower than the green, you feel like your sideways for SO long. The green side of the high five is insane, you are ejected sideways towards the blue side, it's ridiculously quick, like the I305/Maverick transitions! The double down is great too, whipped through the element VERY fast. But the blue drop under the double down is a true highlight of the ride, in the back row you are out of your seat for a very sustained amount of time. In fact, this part of the blue side is insane with ejector airtime, after that drop, you get a nice/small pop of airtime into the full airtime hill under the stall. This hill felt like an El Toro hill where your are purely ejected the WHOLE time, amazing! The stall on the green side is amazing to, a very strange feeling and probably the most comfortable "hangtime" I've felt on a ride, just really smooth. Next was the blue zero-g roll which was very good, very fast, and had a unique turn going through it (you'll be able to tell once a POV comes out). I wish B&M still made elements with transitions this fast (the zero-g felt as fast as Kumba's). Finally on the ride, we had the double up and the outward bank. The double up had decent pops of airtime, not very sustained, but still amazing. The outward bank is best in the front, kind of an odd element, just one more example of TC trying to throw you out of the train! The coaster as a whole is very smooth, but with all the quick transitions ("twisty-ness") it can throw you around a bit, I had to occasionally brace myself a bit. The dueling was great too, a lot of fun to look at the other riders, another level of uniqueness to the experience!

The ride is seriously amazing you guys. It completed exceeded my (very high) expectations. I couldn't have asked for more (which is something that SFMM is guilty of... YOLOcoaster...). If you live in California and haven't travelled outside and experienced real ejector airtime, you NEED to ride this, like NOW! It's without a doubt, the BEST coaster in the state, absolutely amazing! I can't wait to hear more reviews, especially from people who have ridden more coasters than I have.

For anyone wondering, Twisted Colossus comes in at #4 on my favorite steel coasters. I have a clear preference for Intamin coasters, but now it looks like there's a new company in town that can compete with them! I need to get out to SDC, the Texas parks, and Mexico to get on more of these RMCs. They're insane!

1. Intimidator 305

2. Bizarro

3. Skyrush

4. Twisted Colossus

5. Millennium Force

6. Maverick

7. Goliath (SFOG)

8. Storm Runner

9. Nitro

10. SheiKra

What a review! Thanks for basically forcing my hand in buying plane tix to CA. ANY doubts lingering about if I should go to WCB have been put to rest.