TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

^Water rides are actually pretty efficient. They filter/recycle the same water once they are filled.

Let's also remember this is the SFMM thread and not the water conservation thread.

Do you think Twisted or any other RMC Coaster would run their trains backwards? Kind of a nod toward Colossus running their trains backwards.

Well, I have heard (not saying this is guaranteed) that in order to run coasters backwards, you need proper headrests on the cars, which I don't think the RMC trains (or even the Gerstlaur trains) have. That is why when original colossus ran one side backwards, they had to use the B&M trains from Psyclone, because they had headrests. And that is why they could run it backwards in the 80s when they had the PTC trains that headrests.

So the answer you are looking for is no, unfortunately.

Well, I have heard (not saying this is guaranteed) that in order to run coasters backwards, you need proper headrests on the cars, which I don't think the RMC trains (or even the Gerstlaur trains) have. That is why when original colossus ran one side backwards, they had to use the B&M trains from Psyclone, because they had headrests. And that is why they could run it backwards in the 80s when they had the PTC trains that headrests.

So the answer you are looking for is no, unfortunately.

Do you know "who" says they need headrests to run backwards? I don't doubt you since our PTCs gained headrests when we started running backwards during haunt, I'm just curious why that is.

Anyone know if Twisted Colossus will get an emblem on its lifthill like the one that IRat has or the one that Wicked Cyclone will be getting?

From what I heard they are going to be putting something up, but they have not confirmed what exactly.

Maybe in like 10-15 yrs Six Flags can purchase a train from RMC or Gerstlauer to be used in rotation like Namtab.

I wonder if the current drought has anything to do with Apocalypse looking like death

I don't know, but, and it's not nearly as bad as Apocalypse, but I noticed over the weekend that Gold Striker at CGA looks considerably more faded and dreary than it did at the end of last season. I dont know how much lack of rain can affect the color of wood if at all.

Maybe in like 10-15 yrs Six Flags can purchase a train from RMC or Gerstlauer to be used in rotation like Namtab.

I wonder if the current drought has anything to do with Apocalypse looking like death

I don't know, but, and it's not nearly as bad as Apocalypse, but I noticed over the weekend that Gold Striker at CGA looks considerably more faded and dreary than it did at the end of last season. I dont know how much lack of rain can affect the color of wood if at all.

Well not lack of rain per se, but just the general lack of moisture in the air. My skin has even been drier than normal these last few years

Here's a picture of Twisted Colossus this morning. More work has been done to the structure, but there is progress on the top gun.

Seems like inversions will take up the majority of the remaining construction. Looks awesome with the new wood.

Not sure, but Ghostrider still looks good an hour away at KBF. Not even close to being as faded as Apocalypse, and it's 17 years old.

I can't believe Ghostrider is that old!!! Ghostrider for the first 5 years of its life is still my favorite wooden coaster!

Not sure, but Ghostrider still looks good an hour away at KBF. Not even close to being as faded as Apocalypse, and it's 17 years old.

True true. Then again KBF is a lot closer to the beach whilst MM is closer to the high desert. Who knows if any of this makes a difference, just hypothesizing

The type of wood and how it was treated also plays a role in that.

Via SFMM Twitter

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428103532.700483.jpg[/attachment]

From one hour ago.

What a great photo. So much, wood, steel, head choppers & twisty awesomeness!!! Whoever says this combination is ugly needs their head examined.