TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

There's no excuse for using stock photos like that anymore. How hard would it be to just take some digital pictures? I mean, come on. Digital cameras and photo editing have been mainstream for, what, 15 years now? That's downright embarrassing to be claiming those images are of coasters in that very park that they obviously are not.

Every time they take seemingly take a step forward, they take a step back...

It's like whoever designed them had to actively search for and choose pictures that were wrong.

Wow, how time flies!

Goliath turns 15 years old today!

to me it felt like a coast almost as old as I was when I saw and rode it despite knowing better. The first time I went to SFMM I did the "go right" thing first and didn't go on it due to the sheer height and steepness. Glad I finally did 2 years later, one of the best coasters I've ridden.

Wow time flies by. I remember being their with my then ex-wife on media morning. Funny thing we broke up the next day. She couldn't deal with my coaster obsession and told me to grow up. HAHAHAHA, all I can say that was the best day for me, be gone B*&^%! Back to Goliath, I love this coaster and 15 years later. It is still the smoothest ride as it was opening day!

Wow, how time flies!

One of the most miserable openings I've ever gone to! It was cold and rained almost the entire day.

Yes, but going up the hill after the first drop in the HAIL was a moment I can never forget

And, the helix of doom was also running full force at that point!!!! I was even in one of the wheel chucking cars too... ~memories~

I don't remember the types either, but I was told that the wheels that were originally designed for the ride were insufficient and were being replaced with the new ones as they deteriorated. When our train came limping back into the station (on media day) everything was very hush hush about it and they had a mechanic switch out the wheel right then and there. I remember the wheel 'failing' about halfway through the helix and the remainder of the ride just felt kinda like a wooden coaster.

Wow, how time flies!

One of the most miserable openings I've ever gone to! It was cold and rained almost the entire day.

Yes, but going up the hill after the first drop in the HAIL was a moment I can never forget

And, the helix of doom was also running full force at that point!!!! I was even in one of the wheel chucking cars too... ~memories~

Funny I thought I remembered it hailing but I wasn't 100% sure.

Weren't the wheels burning when Goliath first opened as well??
I know Titan at SFOT has to have its wheels sprayed down when it comes back into the station because they are to hot. Not sure if Goliath has the same thing now after they replaced the wheels around opening. Can anyone confirm if Goliath has the wheel misting as well???

In regards to Titan:

During the summer months, as the train rolls into to the station, a cloud of mist can be seen under the train. Owing to problems with the wheels on the trains overheating, water is sprayed on the wheel assembly to help cool down the wheels after the train completes the course.

The only things I wish Goliath had was the helix Titan has after the "airtime" hill and before the brake run, and maybe a little bit more maneuvering before the turn to the brake run. I think the ride has SO MUCH momentum that goes unused. That would make the ride feel a lot more complete.

Edited by DoubleDown