TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Yeah unfortunately it aired years ago and the channel it aired on (I forget which) never sold a dvd, reran it, or put it up for streaming anywhere, so it's very hard to find.

I found it on YouTube last year. Don't know if it's still there.

Does anyone know if the park was busy yesterday/Sunday, and what (if any, you know there was!) rides were closed? Heading there next Sunday and hoping to use yesterday as a gauge for crowdedness.

Does anyone know if the park was busy yesterday/Sunday, and what (if any, you know there was!) rides were closed? Heading there next Sunday and hoping to use yesterday as a gauge for crowdedness.

just know that's a season pass bring a free friend day. so might add to the attendance.

Hey all,

So, I don't go to theme parks often, and the last time I was at SFMM was a few years back for the West Cost Bash.

My friend is visiting, is a coaster lover, and has flat out asked me to take him to Magic Mountain - which I'm certainly not opposed to.

In fact, I'm relatively hopeful about shorter lines since we are definitely in the off-season.

The reason I am posting, however, has to do with me. And if this isn't the right place for this post, let me know...

But, anyhow - I'm a big guy. Not ginormous, I'm about 6' 3" 300 lbs. I remember clearly, last time I was at SFMM, there were at lest two rides I sat in line for, got in the seat, and couldn't ride due to the harness not accommodating my... size.

I figured if anything you guys could let me know which rides at SFMM a big guy like me would be unable to fit in, and thus may make my friend skip or ride solo....

Thanks!

Hey, I'm a big guy myself at one point <315 and I visited SFMM. My advice, stay away from OTS rides, those were the most problem givers. However, they also do have larger seats with the double buckle for bigger guest including batman, scream and superman, haven't tried riddler though when I went, was denied lol. As far as leg room on like goldrush, crossed legs works fine. Only time I've been in pain was on revolution, my knees were crushed by this metal bar on the back of the seat (not lap bar). Most.Uncomfortable.Ride.Ever. So to anyone with size as a problem, just ask the dispatcher or whoever is directing you to seats, that you'd like to find the bigger seat and they should accommodate quickly.

Thanks to you and the other posters who have replied to my post. What is an OTS ride?

Given what I've read and what I remember, I will be avoiding Riddler and Batman, and Gold Rusher - none super losses. I remember being able to make X2 happen, so hopefully I can still pull that off. Green Lantern wasn't there last I was there and I'm feeling like my friend my want to try it - I will try to see, based on time, and wait, if I get in line and only he fits - so be it. And I had to look up what YOLOCoaster meant. I'm eager to try it myself, so hopefully the padding on it isn't too much.

Thanks everyone for your help!

^OTS is an acronym for "over the shoulder", referring to restraints that come down over the head as opposed to a lap bar. OTSRs are generally found on looping coasters, though some loopers have shifted to lap bars. All of Magic Mountain's looping coasters except YOLOCoaster and Colossus feature these restraints; X2 uses a modified style that hinges from the side and adjusts for height.

^Please cite your source for pictures.

I assume he took those, why, do you see one that looks like it was taken in a restricted area? Looks to me like they were all taken through the fence in the parking lot.

i think it's assumed they are not his, so to give credit where he got them from. they look familiar to me too.

possibly from a video posted recently on youtube.