TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Bonnie confirmed tonight that Scream is getting painted!! Colors are changing. Hell has officially frozen over, pigs are airborne, etc.

My question is.... is the parking lot it sits on going to be painted over as well?

But in all seriousness this is great news! It'll be nice to see it refreshed. Glad they're spending the money to do it.

I'd like to think that the colors will complement the Screampunk District, so it'd be cool to see some copper/brass colors mixed in with some of the neon TC will have. Otherwise, anything to freshen up Scream!'s drab appearance would be much appreciated.

Now, about that parking lot...

Just thought I would chime in again and say that I LOVE Green Lantern. I know many people that love Green Lantern. Not quite sure why it's hated so much on this site as I have had much worse rides on Colossus, X2, Ghostrider, Revolution, Riddlers Revenge, and many other rides. Yes, it's intense, and it's a lot of fun because of that.

The whining about Green Lantern being too intense or too rough is why we don't get airtime machines or anything else otherwise extreme here in Southern California. It's why Goliath stops on the mid-course. It's why Robb Alvey hates Californians. Why do you think Skyrush and i305 are as far as possible from California? So many people feel this privelage that everything needs to be built for them, and if they don't like it, well then it should be torn down! It's trash! Nobody ever stops for a second and thinks that other people MIGHT JUST LIKE something they don't.

Ok end rant

Green Lantern felt like being assaulted.

My favorite coasters (not necessarily in this order) are Skyrush, i305, Maverick, Toro, and Voyage, but the Zacspin was not a pleasant ride for me (and it was unbalanced and flipped several times).

Schilke's explanation made a lot of sense and was appreciated.

It is interesting that Six Flags is going with the S&S / RMC design and not another Zacspin for their San Antonio park.

Bonnie confirmed tonight that Scream is getting painted!! Colors are changing. Hell has officially frozen over, pigs are airborne, etc.

My question is.... is the parking lot it sits on going to be painted over as well?

But in all seriousness this is great news! It'll be nice to see it refreshed. Glad they're spending the money to do it.

. I would much rather see the pavement be completely removed and grass planted, but I'm sure that won't happen.

Yeah, I figured Scream would have to change if SFMM wants to put any effort into a retheme. According to another report the ride will be repainted in new colors, receive a new entrance, have all fencing replaced, and some landscape work will be done (my guess is they'll de-stripe and cover the area in gravel similar to SFGAdv's Green Lantern). As far as colors go, I'd probably use a metallic orange/copper for the track with iron gray supports and use darker blues and greens for the trains (with red and purple highlights), but I've got no idea what the park will use.

Don’t call me stupid or anything, but this has been on my mind for a while what if someone gets sick or hurt on the first go around. And being that the track is combined are they SOL lol until the end of the second half…

Don’t call me stupid or anything, but this has been on my mind for a while what if someone gets sick or hurt on the first go around. And being that the track is combined are they SOL lol until the end of the second half…

The same thing that happenes if somebody gets sick at the beginning of a ride.

The same thing that happenes if somebody gets sick at the beginning of a ride.

thought so lol....

If the ops were watching the lifts (they are conveniently close to each other) they could potentially stop the train there if they had to. But they might not be able to easily get people off the lift so that might make things worse overall.

On the topic, I'm very curious to find out how the blocking system will work. Based on the animation, the trains will fly at least halfway up the second lift, and the chain first begin at the base of that lift. I wonder what happens when a train gets stuck on the second lift. How would the following train make it up that lift?

I know, RMC knows what they are doing, but I'm curious to see how it will work.

If there is an emergency situation that can be verified from the station, the operators will stop the train. If it is not an emergency, it will run the course like normal. Rides don't get stopped on midcourse brake runs because someone had a protein spill on the first drop and as a general rule it is much easier to allow a train to complete a course and compensate inconvenienced guests than it is to stop a ride and evacuate. Plus, if there isn't a safety issue, stopping a train will make guests think there is and demand they want off (no joke...when I've been stopped on rides at Knott's for camera removal (from another guest, of course) several guests always panic even after the announcement that the stop was intentional).

On the topic, I'm very curious to find out how the blocking system will work. Based on the animation, the trains will fly at least halfway up the second lift, and the chain first begin at the base of that lift. I wonder what happens when a train gets stuck on the second lift. How would the following train make it up that lift?

I know, RMC knows what they are doing, but I'm curious to see how it will work.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed before, and I don't think we'll know for sure until construction is complete or the ride actually opens. My guess is either they'll have a brake on the lower part of the second lift before the chain starts or they'll have sensors that will stop the first chain if the second train isn't cresting. Even if there wasn't a brake, as long as the train on the second lift is at the top there would be no chance for a collision due to energy loss.