TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Okay, this has pissed me off since the announcement. They literally need ten more feet for 5000. DO YOU KNOW HOW LITTLE 10 FEET is. Ready go.....I just walked ten feet lol. Anyway, Yeah I love x2 so much.

TC is the best thing to ever happen to the park in my opinion.

SO the trains are BLUE/Little bit of green, and PURPLE/Little bit of orange. Should be sweet!

Okay, this has pissed me off since the announcement. They literally need ten more feet for 5000. DO YOU KNOW HOW LITTLE 10 FEET is. Ready go.....I just walked ten feet lol. Anyway, Yeah I love x2 so much.

TC is the best thing to ever happen to the park in my opinion.

SO the trains are BLUE/Little bit of green, and PURPLE/Little bit of orange. Should be sweet!

Can we count the transfer/storage track? There is your ten feet+

Thanks for the updated photos and for the person who posted that TC fact sheet the park gave out! Much appreciated!

Wow. They really are trimming A LOT of the old structure off the old ride. Seems like A LOT more than other Rocky Mountain coasters that have been redone, but maybe I'm wrong and just wasn't familiar with the other ones or I wasn't paying attention enough to the construction. Looks to me like 1/2-3/4 of that 1st turnaround is pretty much gone, and I have a feeling they're just getting started with the trimming.

I don't care at all though, whatever they have to do to make a Colossus facelift, I'm all for it. And anybody bitching about this ride ALREADY or talking crap about Magic Mountain basically doing EXACTLY what so many of us on the site wanted them to do, how about you both shut up AND don't visit the park when the ride opens. Yeeaaaaah, that'd be great. I'm critical of Magic Mountain like the next guy, but there's no way I can hate on what they're doing to this ride.

And I'm also surprised nobody's made a big deal about the DOUBLE DOWN element! Finally, it's back! Not really in the same location, but still THE DOUBLE DOWN IS FINALLY BACK!!!! Who's looking forward to some RMC airtime in Southern California?? This guy!

I'm surprised nobody catched this yet...

Look at the bottom right of the photo... Coming in Spr...Summer!!!

Big surprise! The project has already been pushed back to summer and it is only November! I was totally expecting it to get pushed back but not this early!

Well, that's alright.

image.jpg.4483c0445a01718ca8901b63e87fb48f.jpg

Yay Summer!

It looks like Twisted Colossus is confirmed to be opening in Summer 2015, not Spring. Oh well!

They lied about the fire not delaying the opening!

Either that or the track pieces they got are a little bent because every time we see a shot of the lift hill, the lift is crooked and they're trying to straighten it out. Just throwing out my guess

Edited by iloveblueberries

It says the person works at SFMM...

good luck finding out who runs the page because I recently asked if I could meet the person since it seems he/she is always at the park and im there every weekend or so and I had asked if he/she is an employee, rmc worker, park manager (because of all the photos inside restricted areas from the public)....all I got was "its a secret". not even an "im not allowed to disclose that information" or "sorry I cant tell you". I will always wonder tho, cuz he/she/they seem to always be at sfmm and are always posting rare footage, especially of colossus.

Well, depending on how it is interpreted summer could simply mean June (or anytime after Memorial Day, as that is considered the summer season). I expect Twisted Colossus will open sometime between Memorial Day weekend and the official start of summer in June. RMC knows what they're doing and given the current state of construction it will be ready plenty early to avoid a July opening.

It looks like Twisted Colossus is confirmed to be opening in Summer 2015, not Spring. Oh well!

Either that or the track pieces they got are a little bent because every time we see a shot of the lift hill, the lift is crooked and they're trying to straighten it out. Just throwing out my guess

Most lift hills are a tad bit crooked, you never notice unless you are looking straight up or straight down the hill.

They haven fully connected them all together yet. They just have them partially bolted down so they'll stay up there. I believe they laid the lift hill track down on the original ledgers of Colossus, then went through and replaced them with the metal ones, which is kind of odd, but RMC knows what they're doing.

Most lift hills are a tad bit crooked, you never notice unless you are looking straight up or straight down the hill.

I noticed that for the first time when riding steel force. And on some woodies you can even feel the cars bending as they go up the lift.

I noticed that for the first time when riding steel force. And on some woodies you can even feel the cars bending as they go up the lift.

It doesn't help that Steel Force feels like it's trying to tip the train over the left side all the way up. It feels like the right rail is higher than the left... I'm sure it's not but for whatever reason that is one screwed up lift hill.

Steel Force's lift did seem somewhat crooked. I've also noticed that about Bizarro. I still think the most unnerving lift I've been on is Kings Dominion's Grizzly. That train kept bouncing up and down the whole way up.

As for Twisted Colossus, those trains look amazing. They kind of remind me of Inspector Gadget.

Is it just me, or do the seats on TC seem a bit small? The admin took a photo of one of the RMC execs and his daughter, and the guy seems to fit into the seat *just right*.

Which seems to be a problem, unfortunately, because he looks like a pretty small guy. I think they should seriously consider widening the seats a little so that TC can accommodate "more" of the GP. Those footwells seem small, too...especially in the front.

Is it just me, or do the seats on TC seem a bit small? The admin took a photo of one of the RMC execs and his daughter, and the guy seems to fit into the seat *just right*.

Which seems to be a problem, unfortunately, because he looks like a pretty small guy. I think they should seriously consider widening the seats a little so that TC can accommodate "more" of the GP. Those footwells seem small, too...especially in the front.

fred grubb and sfmm park president bonnie rabjohn = rmc exec and daughter?? lol

anyway, sfga Goliath's seats/trains are pretty big. i don't think there's much problem.