• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

There are other jobs available.  Not even close to a fair comparison.  And I’m someone who is a causality of this nonsense. The rational argument you should be making is how if the goal is to kee

I can totally be talked into driving down from Vegas to do this.  The wife loves Christmas and the fact they're letting you drive through the park instead of the parking lot makes a huge difference. 

Posted Images

I must say that I wasn't impressed by Knotts that much this year either. Although much smaller in scale and budget, Scandia was scarier than both. I've still yet to visit Universal's halloween thing but the crowds are a bit of a turn-off. Maybe next year I'll brave it.

Here's a question for all you old people who visited Magic Mountain back in the 80s. What was the building that Toyz of Terror currently resides in originally used for? I'm talking about the building that was in front of Flashback and next to the old season pass processing area (circa 2006). I'm quite curious as I have yet to find an answer from anyone.

Here's a question for all you old people who visited Magic Mountain back in the 80s. What was the building that Toyz of Terror currently resides in originally used for? I'm talking about the building that was in front of Flashback and next to the old season pass processing area (circa 2006). I'm quite curious as I have yet to find an answer from anyone.

Back around when Flashback first opened, there was a flight simulator in a building right about where that building is. It didn't last long though. There was also a Flashback on-ride photo for a time. Those are my earliest memories of those buildings before any Season Pass processing was done or when Flashback's entrance was moved up.

I don't believe it has been used for anything besides Fright Fest since Harbor was expanded to include Bamboo Racers way back when.

I had heard that it housed a flight simulator, which would explain the pits in the ground that are covered up by wood. But the building was originally a computer center for the park way back in the day? Interesting... I'd love to see pictures if anyone has any.

How could you stand that? A lot of people already said Goliath's positive G gets a bit too high... Have you taken any astronaut training courses before?

All you need to do to negate the gray out is tilt your head to the left.

How could you stand that? A lot of people already said Goliath's positive G gets a bit too high... Have you taken any astronaut training courses before?

You can also squeeze your butt cheeks to keep the blood from leaving the top portions of your body (ie your head).

The park seems to be open on 11/11 for Veterans Day (Tuesday)... does anyone have a guess on if the park will be crowded that day? Debating if I should go

often the off season holidays are the most dead days of the year. i try to hit them all.

You can also squeeze your butt cheeks to keep the blood from leaving the top portions of your body (ie your head).

Butt cheek clenching???

The last page and a half is why we can't have nice things in California. I can't wait till TC opens and its 'too this' and 'too that' and gets Californiaized within a year.

So true. lol Everything hurts in California, all the rides are too rough, have horrible restraints, hurts man parts and is too uncomfortable. People complain about everything. And then everyone wants a mega lite. Californians couldn't handle an extreme ride.

Edited by Manic Monte
So true. lol Everything hurts in California, all the rides are too rough, have horrible restraints, hurts man parts and is too uncomfortable.

... coming from the guy in the state that has Desperado and Manhattan Express.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they advertised TC with #ColossalSwag or a montage of selfies when it gets close to opening. Or if some person gets a slight headache after riding and then sues the park. I hate living in SoCal sometimes...

Edited by StuckInSD
[so true. lol Everything hurts in California, all the rides are too rough, have horrible restraints, hurts man parts and is too uncomfortable.

... coming from the guy in the state that has Desperado and Manhattan Express.

Haven't been on Manhattan Express in years, but I quite like Desperado!

The last page and a half is why we can't have nice things in California. I can't wait till TC opens and its 'too this' and 'too that' and gets Californiaized within a year.

It will have too much airtime. All moments of airtime will need to be replaced by inversions.

In all seriousness, I do think it is interesting how the last coaster was marketed more toward a younger crowd, while TC has had no YOLO references and things like the Vacation tie in. It seems like this time they are trying to market more toward an older crowd than last time. I could see how this makes some sense, considering that this is the rebirth of an older ride.