TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Hey guys,

Me and several friends purchased season passes during the Labor Day sale with the free GOLD upgrade. We went to the park yesterday and processed our print at home season passes at the turnstile. During this time our fingerprints were scanned and we were given cards with our names written on the back.

The question I have here is were the GOLD upgrade benefits added to the card during this process or were there more steps required? Main reason I ask is because after looking at the print out that I brought, it says to "present this voucher at the processing center along with the processed pass to add GOLD benefits to your pass." I don't remember seeing a processing center, so I'm curious if we screwed up somehow on not getting our GOLD benefits added. I registered my season pass online just now for the eCoupons and my pass type is listed as Combo Season Pass.

The line cutting is ridiculous. In in line for X2 and we constantly see people saving spots for friends or having them use the flash pass line. I'm so annoyed. My friend even stopped someone and told them they couldn't go ahead of us, but he just went under the switchbacks and cut anyways.

EDIT: on the positive side X2 team is doing an awesome job with dispatches. One train was out before the second one returned. Second time I noticed minimal stacking.

Hey guys,

Me and several friends purchased season passes during the Labor Day sale with the free GOLD upgrade. We went to the park yesterday and processed our print at home season passes at the turnstile. During this time our fingerprints were scanned and we were given cards with our names written on the back.

The question I have here is were the GOLD upgrade benefits added to the card during this process or were there more steps required? Main reason I ask is because after looking at the print out that I brought, it says to "present this voucher at the processing center along with the processed pass to add GOLD benefits to your pass." I don't remember seeing a processing center, so I'm curious if we screwed up somehow on not getting our GOLD benefits added. I registered my season pass online just now for the eCoupons and my pass type is listed as Combo Season Pass.

They are moving the season pass processing to the turn stiles itself since they are doing the finger print method now.

If you are concerned about it, I would just print the things again and keep them in your wallet to prove they are gold passes. My issues with passes this year was they forgot to scan my dining pass so my first and second visit didn't have it show up. But the season pass and free upgrades were all printed onto a single paper.

^I've also ridden coasters at this park alongside a ride op, what's so bad about that?

I don't care if the ride op's ride. But when they do it just to make sure Green Lantern doesn't spin anymore that's where theres a issue. I know SFMM ordered the ride op's to counter-balence the cars so it doesn't spin about 20 seconds after it opened or so. But I still think it's bullshit to operate a ZacSpin so that it doesn't well, spin.

It might be a decent pelvic bone buster, but I don't think thats worth the wait.

The line cutting is ridiculous. In in line for X2 and we constantly see people saving spots for friends or having them use the flash pass line. I'm so annoyed. My friend even stopped someone and told them they couldn't go ahead of us, but he just went under the switchbacks and cut anyways.

This has been my experience every time at SFMM. It's far worse here than any other park I have ever been.

^I've also ridden coasters at this park alongside a ride op, what's so bad about that?

I don't care if the ride op's ride. But when they do it just to make sure Green Lantern doesn't spin anymore that's where theres a issue. I know SFMM ordered the ride op's to counter-balence the cars so it doesn't spin about 20 seconds after it opened or so. But I still think it's bullshit to operate a ZacSpin so that it doesn't well, spin.

It might be a decent pelvic bone buster, but I don't think thats worth the wait.

Riding with the other side of the car empty will not deliver an enjoyable experience.

Heaven forbid the ride operators actually do their job. As a matter of fact, I respect the fact they had a ride operator ride instead making you wait for another guest. You don't read about SFMM ride operators actually trying to provide good serve that often!

Another thing I noticed today was that when full throttle had a longer line, they started issuing slips to make sure line cutting Did not occur. When it came to us handing our passes, my friend joked that he didn't have one. The ticket collector said "it's okay." My friend still have him his ticket, but what's the point of using these if they don't even implement them. Even if it's just to scare people in like from preventing them from like cutting, it seems silly by the enforce it. What's then to stop someone from line cutting after that instance, knowing they'd get away with it.

Another thing I noticed today was that when YOLOcoaster had a longer line, they started issuing slips to make sure line cutting Did not occur. When it came to us handing our passes, my friend joked that he didn't have one. The ticket collector said "it's okay." My friend still have him his ticket, but what's the point of using these if they don't even implement them. Even if it's just to scare people in like from preventing them from like cutting, it seems silly by the enforce it. What's then to stop someone from line cutting after that instance, knowing they'd get away with it.

That's weird, I saw someone get kicked out of line for not having their boarding pass and since he came with a group either he took one for the team or the whole group got out of line and sadly he did not ride. Must've been different collectors.

The line cutting is ridiculous. In in line for X2 and we constantly see people saving spots for friends or having them use the flash pass line. I'm so annoyed. My friend even stopped someone and told them they couldn't go ahead of us, but he just went under the switchbacks and cut anyways..

im not sure its actually allowed on the staff's part, but while I was in line for yolo yesterday, the ride attendant came to me and asked how many are in my party and I said I was alone. she said I could go ahead in front of everybody else. as I was trying to pass everyone (I couldn't duck under the metal railing because I was wearing a short skirt), everyone in line was calling me out on being a "line cutter", even though I was told to go ahead of everyone. is this even allowed? because I would have still waited out of respect for those in front of me because I am a very honest person, its a shame people are so judgemental these days!

Hey guys,

I did the same thing. I got Gold Pass from the sale, redeemed at the gate; and forgot to take it to the processing center and forgot to get the gold benefits. So I emailed Six Flags and this is what they had to say:

"

Subject: Question About Season Passes

I went and processed my season pass but forgot to take my voucher to the Processing Center to add Gold benefits to my pass that I received during a sale. I log into my pass benefits and it shows "combo pass" instead of "gold pass". My pass number is REMOVED and the Plu # 10024057 is to add the gold benefits. Is there anything that can be done?"

"Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Six Flags Magic Mountain. Our records indicate that this is a gold pass and that it includes parking. The combo listing on the website is a typo. All gold passes appear as combo passes.

Thank you again for contacting us and have a Six Flags day!

Sincerely,

Aura

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Guest Relations"

Is Tatsu's pretzel loop very scary? I do not know if I want to ride it.

If your signature is correct in that you have been on Leviathan, then the pretzel loop will be nothing. I wouldn't even say it's scary to begin with, but a 300 foot drop is much more scary than anything on Tatsu.

Riding with the other side of the car empty will not deliver an enjoyable experience.

Says you. My best rides have been with the other side of the car empty.

Okay, Is it just me or has the rides at the park been experiencing tech difficulties WAY more than usual. I have been there twice in the last week and a half.

Goliath is breaking down constantly.------Superman is a mess.----Tatsu got stuck on the chain lift three times in one circuit. The SAME RIDERS!----Yolo transferred a train off after cycling it empty.

And well, Apocalypse.

WHAT THE HELL!!!???!!!??

On a better note, X2 has been extremely smooth and forceful recently. If you have the chance, go ride it asap.

Okay, Is it just me or has the rides at the park been experiencing tech difficulties WAY more than usual. I have been there twice in the last week and a half.

Goliath is breaking down constantly.------Superman is a mess.----Tatsu got stuck on the chain lift three times in one circuit. The SAME RIDERS!----Yolo transferred a train off after cycling it empty.

And well, Apocalypse.

WHAT THE HELL!!!???!!!??

On a better note, X2 has been extremely smooth and forceful recently. If you have the chance, go ride it asap.

There's your problem

And well, Apocalypse.

WHAT THE HELL!!!???!!!??

1. How is Superman "a mess"?

2. Is it possible that is is not unusual and that these are just things you noticed more because you were looking for things like this to happen?

3. Park could have been having a bad day.

Hey guys,

I did the same thing. I got Gold Pass from the sale, redeemed at the gate; and forgot to take it to the processing center and forgot to get the gold benefits. So I emailed Six Flags and this is what they had to say:

"

Subject: Question About Season Passes

I went and processed my season pass but forgot to take my voucher to the Processing Center to add Gold benefits to my pass that I received during a sale. I log into my pass benefits and it shows "combo pass" instead of "gold pass". My pass number is REMOVED and the Plu # 10024057 is to add the gold benefits. Is there anything that can be done?"

"Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Six Flags Magic Mountain. Our records indicate that this is a gold pass and that it includes parking. The combo listing on the website is a typo. All gold passes appear as combo passes.

Thank you again for contacting us and have a Six Flags day!

Sincerely,

Aura

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Guest Relations"

when i recently did my membership, i asked the same question at the gate because someone had said you needed to go to the processing center. he said, no, it's all on there for mine since it was all on one bar code. just to be sure, i just used the new pass for parking and it worked fine. i've also checked the pass online at the passholder website. rewards.sixflags.com

Is Tatsu's pretzel loop very scary? I do not know if I want to ride it.

not at all, imo. although i do worry about my head on the way down. lol

for me, if anything is scary at all, it's the going up the lift hill looking down.