TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Does anyone else think the craziest moment of airtime on this ride looks like it'll be that hill towards the end of the blue side where it dives underneath the green side right before entering the second lift? The shaping of it reminds me of Toro's rolling thunder hill, PLUS it's outwardly banked. It looks absolutely batshit bonkers.

Yes, that part looks like it will be bananas

The blue track run just looks friggin insane, and the highlight of the ride.

To me the other half of the ride looks like it's going to be the highlight! You expect it to be exactly the same but get a zero g stall, a reverse over-bank on the high five, and a double down where you expect to go straight down. Man this whole ride's going to be good!

^ Yeah. Businesses won't say anything because they signed an agreement not to say anything until after the 8/28 embargo date. But what was interesting to me was how he was yelling about TC details on the coaster with seemingly regular guests in the row behind him. I wonder if they were employees or if they also signed some kind of NDR.

I too was wondering about that when I saw the CEO making the announcement right on Colossus.

^ Yeah. Businesses won't say anything because they signed an agreement not to say anything until after the 8/28 embargo date. But what was interesting to me was how he was yelling about TC details on the coaster with seemingly regular guests in the row behind him. I wonder if they were employees or if they also signed some kind of NDR.

Possible. But there were all sorts of whispers since June that Colossus was going to get the iron horse treatment. Even news reporters out in Chicago heard about this. It wasn't really a secret anymore. The only thing that was secret was the name, and even that got leaked a day or so before the official announcement was made.

Guys, I'm really not that worried about this thing dueling regularly.

Would it be pretty cool? Yeah, of course. But even if you run through the whole course without another train next to you, the layout of this thing is awesome and will almost certainly be a top 20 coaster next year in the Hawker poll.

We're getting a coaster with TWO 120+ foot 80 degree drops, boatloads of airtime, and a plethora of twisty goodness, and you're complaining it will suck if it isn't dueling consistently? I'm sure NTaG is pretty worthless then, since it doesn't even have that capability.

C'mon man.

Guys, I'm really not that worried about this thing dueling regularly.

Would it be pretty cool? Yeah, of course. But even if you run through the whole course without another train next to you, the layout of this thing is awesome and will almost certainly be a top 20 coaster next year in the Hawker poll.

We're getting a coaster with TWO 120+ foot 80 degree drops, boatloads of airtime, and a plethora of twisty goodness, and you're complaining it will suck if it isn't dueling consistently? I'm sure NTaG is pretty worthless then, since it doesn't even have that capability.

C'mon man.

C'mon man.

Hmm--not exactly a fair comparison, comparing one ride that's meant to duel with one that isn't.

Even without the "dueling," I'm sure that Twisted Colossus will be great ride; however, the dueling will enhance it.

The nice thing about the dueling is that it will probably always be available for enthusiast events. There will have to be a computer system on the ride's lift hills to speed up or slow down for the dueling to ever work, so I don't see a situation where the option is not there, unless they go all Dueling Dragons and use the system against itself.

Forgive the probably stupid question from an interested Brit.

I enjoyed watching old and new Colossus vids - it's like a giant version of my home town coaster the Grand National.

But why such an aggressive trim brake on that half way (ish) flat section - looks like it utterly killed the ride. Was it because the last section would be too intense at full speed (wouldn't have thought so) or was the structure getting to rickety?

Those last few hills might have been great fun at full speed - as it was it crawled round that last turn around like the old Southport Cyclone!

Forgive the probably stupid question from an interested Brit.

I enjoyed watching old and new Colossus vids - it's like a giant version of my home town coaster the Grand National.

But why such an aggressive trim brake on that half way (ish) flat section - looks like it utterly killed the ride. Was it because the last section would be too intense at full speed (wouldn't have thought so) or was the structure getting to rickety?

Those last few hills might have been great fun at full speed - as it was it crawled round that last turn around like the old Southport Cyclone!

That section used to be a cool double down and in pics you can see the original track under it in the structure. I believe that brake was added so they could add another block to run more trains originally then it turned into trims because..... it's MM, or for some other reason. Yeah, it did kill the rest of the ride pretty much.