TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Back in the day, there was also a SkyWay where Superman currently stands (station is still visible behind Superman gift kiosk and restroom area).

And (besides the already discussed metro and Orient Express), there was another weird transport that went from Jetstream to Ninja's current station. If you think the station layout is weird, it's because it used to be home to a large circular platform that cycled cars up and down the hill. Unfortunately I'm not familiar at all with this ride, and if anybody has pictures, it would be great to see! The lower station for that ride is currently standing to the left of Jet Stream's entrance and Ninja's final lift hill.

For a park SFMM's size, it is a little weird that it doesn't have a better park-wide transportation system. Personally, being the 'thrill capital of the world,' I would love to see a launch coaster type ride, circling the park and having 3 or 4 stations. Of course its a pipe dream, but in my head, it's a good pipe dream!

You do mention launched coasters, and while it might be a pipe dream, Bombardier makes a LIM powered metro, so there's that. Not sure if it would work for amusement park applications since it seems a bit big for that.

And (besides the already discussed metro and Orient Express), there was another weird transport that went from Jetstream to Ninja's current station. If you think the station layout is weird, it's because it used to be home to a large circular platform that cycled cars up and down the hill. Unfortunately I'm not familiar at all with this ride, and if anybody has pictures, it would be great to see! The lower station for that ride is currently standing to the left of Jet Stream's entrance and Ninja's final lift hill.

The dragon.

dragon75.jpg.b6e08d0f003fa46fac05575871a2f261.jpg

Topic change, but I came across this video from CBS with an unterview with CEO Jim Reid Anderson about Twisted Colossus. What's interesting is that the video was taken while the Classic Colossus was still open. He told the plans about TC to the reporter while on the original ride, with others sitting right behind them. I guess CBS has known about this for a few weeks? Hmm that's interesting.

Here's the link to it: http://youtu.be/UHe6mPp-2PI

Does anyone else think the craziest moment of airtime on this ride looks like it'll be that hill towards the end of the blue side where it dives underneath the green side right before entering the second lift? The shaping of it reminds me of Toro's rolling thunder hill, PLUS it's outwardly banked. It looks absolutely batshit bonkers.

Does anyone else think the craziest moment of airtime on this ride looks like it'll be that hill towards the end of the blue side where it dives underneath the green side right before entering the second lift? The shaping of it reminds me of Toro's rolling thunder hill, PLUS it's outwardly banked. It looks absolutely batshit bonkers.

that part does look pretty good. i'm also looking at the second half right after the high 5. that double down looks like it will have some good pop.

going back to the goldrusher-superman hill...i used to take the metro to the tunnel, then walk up half the stairs. but when they added superman, they ditched the stairs. i at least thought the stairs were an easier climb than the hill going around.

Topic change, but I came across this video from CBS with an unterview with CEO Jim Reid Anderson about Twisted Colossus. What's interesting is that the video was taken while the Classic Colossus was still open. He told the plans about TC to the reporter while on the original ride, with others sitting right behind them. I guess CBS has known about this for a few weeks? Hmm that's interesting.

Here's the link to it: http://youtu.be/UHe6mPp-2PI

Leaking it would have cost them their jobs and gained them a lawsuit from Six Flags. Many people have known about the ride for almost year...but they also enjoy their professional relationships and jobs so they know better than to blab about it. Or at the very least only blab to people they can trust to keep it quiet!

Edited by Jew

^ Yeah. Businesses won't say anything because they signed an agreement not to say anything until after the 8/28 embargo date. But what was interesting to me was how he was yelling about TC details on the coaster with seemingly regular guests in the row behind him. I wonder if they were employees or if they also signed some kind of NDR.

Yes, that part looks like it will be bananas

The blue track run just looks friggin insane, and the highlight of the ride.

To me the other half of the ride looks like it's going to be the highlight! You expect it to be exactly the same but get a zero g stall, a reverse over-bank on the high five, and a double down where you expect to go straight down. Man this whole ride's going to be good!

^ Yeah. Businesses won't say anything because they signed an agreement not to say anything until after the 8/28 embargo date. But what was interesting to me was how he was yelling about TC details on the coaster with seemingly regular guests in the row behind him. I wonder if they were employees or if they also signed some kind of NDR.

I too was wondering about that when I saw the CEO making the announcement right on Colossus.

Possible. But there were all sorts of whispers since June that Colossus was going to get the iron horse treatment. Even news reporters out in Chicago heard about this. It wasn't really a secret anymore. The only thing that was secret was the name, and even that got leaked a day or so before the official announcement was made.

Guys, I'm really not that worried about this thing dueling regularly.

Would it be pretty cool? Yeah, of course. But even if you run through the whole course without another train next to you, the layout of this thing is awesome and will almost certainly be a top 20 coaster next year in the Hawker poll.

We're getting a coaster with TWO 120+ foot 80 degree drops, boatloads of airtime, and a plethora of twisty goodness, and you're complaining it will suck if it isn't dueling consistently? I'm sure NTaG is pretty worthless then, since it doesn't even have that capability.

C'mon man.

Guys, I'm really not that worried about this thing dueling regularly.

Would it be pretty cool? Yeah, of course. But even if you run through the whole course without another train next to you, the layout of this thing is awesome and will almost certainly be a top 20 coaster next year in the Hawker poll.

We're getting a coaster with TWO 120+ foot 80 degree drops, boatloads of airtime, and a plethora of twisty goodness, and you're complaining it will suck if it isn't dueling consistently? I'm sure NTaG is pretty worthless then, since it doesn't even have that capability.

C'mon man.

C'mon man.

Hmm--not exactly a fair comparison, comparing one ride that's meant to duel with one that isn't.

Even without the "dueling," I'm sure that Twisted Colossus will be great ride; however, the dueling will enhance it.