TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

This looks amazing but yet again sfmm delivers another gimmicky coaster. How is no one commenting on this. So gimmicky it makes me sick. Why can't sfmm just deliver one coaster that doesn't have some stupid part that kills it. Six flags in General is dead, marketing loopers as coasters, so pathetic . It's sad that after all of the anticipation this is what we get. Also it's funny that not one person has commented on the fact that it's not a twisted drop. And after seeing the final hacked down version of colossus I'm wishing there was a twisted 180 degree drop. Once again sfmm fans are let down. So sad

I'm one of the biggest critics of MM, but I have to disagree with you on this one. Finally, they are going to have a fun filled coaster that will last more than 40 seconds, unlike the last few coasters they have built. TC looks action packed through the entire ride and delivers a nice long ride. I cannot wait for the reviews on it, and finally have a reason to go back to the mountain.

So...the first ride of the day and the last ride of the day will not duel based on the set up?

At least for the last ride if it's one station wouldn't they have to dispatch the empty trains for you to arrive back into the station so you'll duel an empty train?

That seems like a strange thing to worry about, but logic would tell you that the first train out, assuming it's full of riders, would be by itself the first time around -- but they would have the second train ready to duel for the return run of the first. Similarly, the last one of the day would duel the second-to-last train on it's first go round....but be by itself on the return run. So, in a way, assuming they're consistently dueling the halves of the ride, the first and last trains of the day will have the most unique rides.

Dying to see some more pictures of the ride - wonder how quick we'll see track on site?

This looks amazing but yet again sfmm delivers another gimmicky coaster. How is no one commenting on this. So gimmicky it makes me sick. Why can't sfmm just deliver one coaster that doesn't have some stupid part that kills it. Six flags in General is dead, marketing loopers as coasters, so pathetic . It's sad that after all of the anticipation this is what we get. Also it's funny that not one person has commented on the fact that it's not a twisted drop. And after seeing the final hacked down version of colossus I'm wishing there was a twisted 180 degree drop. Once again sfmm fans are let down. So sad

That's too bad you feel that way, I don't feel 'let down' at all, I'm really looking forward to this. It's funny you say it looks amazing then turn right around and totally bash it. And gimmicky, really? ALL coasters are gimmicky in one form or another. This will be a first of it's kind for RMC and FIRST in the US with a high five element and it only has a few inversions and plenty of airtime moments, something original Colossus was lacking, is that so terrible? Sure it could have been longer but you know what.... whatever, it's way better than what is there now. And one more thing, the park is not building this ride for YOU, it's building this ride to generate more traffic in the park so it can make more money. Apparently you don't understand that concept and how ALL themeparks operate- they exist for one thing only, TO MAKE MONEY, NOT just to please you. And I guess you don't understand what RMC coasters are, how amazing they are, which btw is what this will be, and that's just a shame.

Hmm, I'm sensing trolling.

i agree, definitely trolling.

but, i'm so happy there isn't a twisted drop. the only real thing i wanted was a huge first drop. but i'll take two smaller ones. i got the zero g stall, awesome airtime it looks like, awesome pacing, except for the lift, and a long ride. oh, and it's near me.

the gimmick? make sure it still has some of the original Colossus elements and feel to it. great ode to the past, imo.

At least for the last ride if it's one station wouldn't they have to dispatch the empty trains for you to arrive back into the station so you'll duel an empty train?

Dude, remember what park you're talking about. There won't be any other trains on the track to worry about after media day.

I think the 2 for 1 idea behind TC is really cool, but the problem is.... because it's more of a racing coaster that has moments of dueling, (vs a true dueling coaster like Dragons or Gwazi), you're basically going on the same ride twice in a row. The only major difference between the two tracks is the barrel roll vs the "top gun stall". Also, the timing is going to be an absolute nightmare, considering how good park guests are at screwing up basic things like loading and unloading a train.

Also, am I the only one who heard 128 feet and though "really, that's it?" Seems so short for a place like Magic Mountain. Who knows, maybe this is a sign of maturity that they aren't putting out a stupid ride just to break another world record (*cough Full Throttle *cough* Bring back Log Jammer *cough*)

If anything. MM needs some in park transportation for sure.

For REAL. Disneyland isn't as big and doesn't have the massive hill and it still has the monorail and the train (and formerly the People Mover). The Orient Express is nice, but there definitely needs to be more than that.

probably the third best flume ride in So. Cal.

So behind Splash Mountain, Timber Mountain Log Ride, and what else? Oh, so last place?

Cup half full or cup half empty. Just depends on your outlook on life. When in fact they're exactly the same.

Mine is cup full of whiskey or cup full of tequila, just depends on my outlook for the day ... lol

If anything. MM needs some in park transportation for sure.

For REAL. Disneyland isn't as big and doesn't have the massive hill and it still has the monorail and the train (and formerly the People Mover). The Orient Express is nice, but there definitely needs to be more than that.

Needs something to help get up the mountain from the goldrusher area...