TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

I do not like to say this without actually riding the ride or at least seeing videos of the ride in action, but I think Twisted Colossus is definitely a top 10 coaster and, with the dueling aspect, could be a serious contender for best coaster in the United States.

The ride is long, but never dull. It looks plenty intense, yet not so intense as to not be re-rideable. There are inversions, there is airtime, there is interaction between the racing trains...basically, the ride has something for everyone. Best of all, while not identical to the original Colossus, the ride resembles it enough to mitigate most of the complaints out there. Finally, if the ride actually does run four trains as I suspect it will, this would probably be the highest capacity coaster at SFMM.

Well done, RMC, and well done, SFMM. Now don't even think about doing anything to screw this up.

"Four minutes of thrills on nearly 5,000 feet of track – longest hybrid coaster in the world"

What about the Ultimate?

I believe Six Flags is really only classifying Hybrid coasters as their now 5 RMC creations.

So, after reviewing the video some more and adding to my first post earlier, I now realize that although this looks like a racer, it is in fact a single track with two lift hills. I'll be honest, this kinda of reminds me of The Beast, but on steroids, and with both lifts side by side. Since this isn't technically a racer then, it'll be interesting to see how they manage to try to race this thing since they designed it like it will race (ie the high five element, and the track interactions with both tracks) Just observations I'm making, and no complaints here about what they decided to do. We finally have a RMC, and it's a unique one!

So, after reviewing the video some more and adding to my first post earlier, I now realize that although this looks like a racer, it is in fact a single track with two lift hills. I'll be honest, this kinda of reminds me of The Beast, but on steroids, and with both lifts side by side. Since this isn't technically a racer then, it'll be interesting to see how they manage to try to race this thing since they designed it like it will race (ie the high five element, and the track interactions with both tracks) Just observations I'm making, and no complaints here about what they decided to do. We finally have a RMC, and it's a unique one!

Sensors on the lift can speed up the chain to match the trains up. Kind of like how Dueling Dragons used to work. If one was dispatched earlier then the other, it would crawl on the lift until the other one caught up!

It's going to all come down to Six Flags' ability to dispatch another train on time. If delay dispatches occur, I would assume the train on the green lift will continue without stopping and run a solo ride.

Did anyone else notice the little bunny hills all the way down the prelift? Awesome haha.

Wow. This really exceeded my expectations and after experiencing 3 of RMCs fine creations, I'm definitely looking foreword to this ride. I particularly like the green and blue color scheme. It really makes the ride pop. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new SFMM ride. Great job Six Flags Magic Mountain.

I kinda hope SFMM checks people to make sure they aren't carrying loose objects before they get in line. Don't need a dueling dragons situation to happen causing trains never to be close to each other again.

Also it looks fantastic, more then I could of envisioned for it.

It took me a few seconds to realize just how the layout worked with the two lift hills. The high 5 and inversions over each other was something I invision happening and love seeing it come true. Looks like a fun coaster.

This looks AMAZING! Things I'm especially stoked about:

* So much airtime! SoCals first airtime machine and the best coaster on the West Coast (and almost certainly a new top ten steel coaster). Normally I'm more suspicious when a park says something will have 18 airtime moments, but given RMCs track record I think they'll deliver (Robbs airtime counting video on NTAG seems appropriate).

* High five element (during the turnaround) AND two (!) Top Gun rolls! I'll admit I was worried this would be filled with barrel rolls and loops, but I can't think of a single better "gimmick" that they could've included. Looks so fun!

* One continuous track with 2 lifts means we get a long ride, retain some racing/dueling, and they can't shut down one side when the park is quiet.

* It's scheduled (yes, we know, SFMM) to open Spring 2015. Not fall 2015, not 2016. So not that long of a wait

* All the obnoxious pre-announcement speculation-complainers on here (you know who you are) were completely wrong - it still has two lifts, no twisted first drop (thanks for those 15 pages of whining, BTW), and not a ton of inversions.

Well, time to go check the other announcements.

Yep, it's exactly what I thought it would be, my predictions were very close! It's insane! It will no doubt be better than every coaster in California! And just maybe, top 10 worldwide? Now we have to wait until Spring or so. It's pretty much a big out and back now, but with the layout sorta cut like it is, it will never be dull! I wish I could see a straight POV of this whole thing, but I'm glad I'm getting what I am.

- I'm still calling it Colossus, the name is stupid.