TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

I'm just upset because this was sfmm one real shot at a top 10 coaster, and there's not one top 10 coaster with a twisting drop. Just saying

You're worried about a top 10 ride and it hasn't even been announced yet? People never learn.

Yeah pretty lame.

Complaints about complaining! But then I guess I'm complaining about complaining about complaining. Perhaps someone will complain about me complaining about complaining about complaining.

Let's see if Twisted Colossus has as many inversions as the the number of times "complaining" has appeared in the this thread the last few days

Complaints about complaining! But then I guess I'm complaining about complaining about complaining. Perhaps someone will complain about me complaining about complaining about complaining.

Let's see if Twisted Colossus has as many inversions as the the number of times "complaining" has appeared in the this thread the last few days

Lol!

Holy balls I go away for a day and I come back to 5 pages of whining about a twisty drop.

Edit - Looks like Jew took care of that note...

Edited by KBrylczyk

If there is a twisty drop, by the rumors I'm guessing it would be a half barrel roll to a quarter loop with a 180 degree nearly-vertical spiral to follow..now that sounds pretty awesome. It doesn't sound like a B&M wing-rider drop or anything else I can think of, and I seriously doubt anyone will be truly disappointed by this ride if it is built by RMC. Hopefully we find out what this is tomorrow!

Yeah I have seen a wing coaster but those have like a smaller mini drop to get the momentum that they need to do the rollover. Wheres the room for that on colossus?

Notice the pre-drop.......

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409112837.016896.jpg[/attachment]

Yes but how do they have the ROOM to DO that on colossus? It goes from the lift to the drop (we guess)

Yeah I have seen a wing coaster but those have like a smaller mini drop to get the momentum that they need to do the rollover. Wheres the room for that on colossus?

Notice the pre-drop.......

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409112837.016896.jpg[/attachment]

Yes but how do they have the ROOM to DO that on colossus? It goes from the lift to the drop (we guess)

well they could just do a pre-drop without the turn, then go almost vertically down. We know they are capable of ADDING to the ride with and without the current structure. Lets let our imaginations flow with this, can we?

well, based on the unsubstantiated speculation in this thread and screamscape (and unsubstantiated, wild rumors are the things i rely on most in my predictions), I am starting to doubt my initial guess that RMC will convert the entire double-track length of Colossus into a single-track length to break the coaster length record, much less use a double lift hill. Those words "longest HYBRID coaster in the world" sound suspiciously apt and it would be typical Six Flags style to have a "record-breaking" coaster qualified as a "HYBRID coaster" record - not that Six Flags is alone in creating "records" for every conceivable subclass of coaster.

So, my final guess is that they will:

* Raise the Colossus lift hill to give a drop 180-ish drop (I would think they would break Goliath's record drop, but I thought Schilke gave an interview indicated that their agreement was to not surpass Goliath for a period of time?)

* Single track only that generally follows the Colossus footprint, but RMC'ed up with overbanks and inversions

* Track length around 4,300 feet to give it the "longest" hybrid coaster "record."

That would still be a great coaster, and I would be happy -- BUT it would be an opportunity lost, in my humble view. You could create an 8,400 ft. long single-track monster coaster using the two lifts. The first "side" run could more closely mimic Colossus profile, but with overbanks and airtime pops but simply lowering (or raising) and/or banking the respective hills, depending on much higher you go on the lift. The second "side" run could be a more intense, typical RMC inversion fest, to finish with a bang. Two very different ride experiences, on one lengthy, epic ride.

Think about it, with the bulk of the wooden structure already in place, Six Flags would never again have the opportunity to break the coaster length record at a fraction of what it would cost to build it from scratch (setting aside American Eagle for now!) I don't see it happening, however.

Edited by tororific

* Raise the Colossus lift hill to give a drop 180-ish drop (I would think they would break Goliath's record drop, but I thought Schilke gave an interview indicated that their agreement was to not surpass Goliath for a period of time?)

Keep in mind that Goliath is *technically* still a wood coaster; it uses topper track, whereas this will most likely feature the steel I-Beam track, thus the hybrid designation.

Keep in mind that Goliath is *technically* still a wood coaster; it uses topper track, whereas this will most likely feature the steel I-Beam track, thus the hybrid designation.

oh no, they can now create even more subclasses within subclasses coaster records!

pretty soon, it will be highest hybrid coaster with I-beam track whose structure is not painted white.

But what you say makes sense and it would be very odd to have a new Colossus that didn't break some significant record, so maybe we do get a 200 ft-ish lift (assuming the angle could work on the existing structure to steepen from 120-ish feet to 200 ft -- not sure).