TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

If they're going to do a Dragster type spiral, they're going to need to give the ride a little more height.

I do agree with this. The structure will look odd to have a spiral drop. IMHO, sorry for the horrible sketch of what the first drop will look like

image.thumb.jpg.94809fccb61f08e48b1117f29db38a0a.jpg

Edited by Diamondbacker27

I would like to take this opportunity to show that an amazing twisting drop CAN be done.

STORM RUNNER.

The picture's not the best, but this element has to be one of my favorite elements on ANY coaster. I imagine Colossus's new first drop will be pretty similar.

100_1007.thumb.JPG.7161db8b9e7e968b1f503997915cea7a.JPG

We don't even know the for sure layout yet. Twisting drop or regular drop, doesn't matter to me. I'll still ride it and if it is anything like RMC's other creations, then it'll be a kick butt ride!

After YOLO last time with YOLOcoaster, I wonder if SFMM will go with COLT (Colossus Only Lives Twice)...yeah, that was lame.

If they're going to do a Dragster type spiral, they're going to need to give the ride a little more height.

Yep, and I think that some additional height is likely. If they didn't rework the first hill, I suspect the general public would be fairly meh to the new ride, given that it sits right next to Goliath, even if it did have some interesting element.

My best guess is that they'll build a new lift hill, with some interesting new elements off of it, before the track heads over to the existing structure. It would not surprise me in the least if the new lift hill topped 200 feet -- you'd spend money on that first hill, possibly an inversion or two, a second hill, and then you'd merge in with the existing structure.

This could work regardless if they made the two existing tracks into one long single track, or if they just made the two tracks into one short single track.

I'm just upset because this was sfmm one real shot at a top 10 coaster, and there's not one top 10 coaster with a twisting drop. Just saying

Probably because not too many enthusiasts have gone down to Six Flags Mexico to ride Medusa: Steel Coaster yet. That sure looks like a top 10 coaster to me.

This is RMC we're talking about. This thing is going to be an incredible ride no matter how they build it, straight drop, twisting drop, or whatever. I'm sure they'll put in some killer airtime hills and drops throughout the ride. The first drop isn't everything.

EDIT: Neither is airtime for that matter. Sometimes a top 10 ride can be a plain old looping coaster with some great pacing. Example: Mind Bender and Kumba, both are in my top 10.

I'm just upset because this was sfmm one real shot at a top 10 coaster, and there's not one top 10 coaster with a twisting drop. Just saying

Probably because not too many enthusiasts have gone down to Six Flags Mexico to ride Medusa: Steel Coaster yet. That sure looks like a top 10 coaster to me.

This is RMC we're talking about. This thing is going to be an incredible ride no matter how they build it, straight drop, twisting drop, or whatever. I'm sure they'll put in some killer airtime hills and drops throughout the ride. The first drop isn't everything.

I have to agree. There is only one ride where I'd say the first drop is the best part of the ride, Leviathan. Now look on my signature as to where it is on the list... Second from the BOTTOM. First drop is definitely not everything.

I have great faith in RMC, and definitely believe this and Wicked Cyclone will be world class rides.

You're worried about a top 10 ride and it hasn't even been announced yet? People never learn.

Don't twisting drops provide less airtime than traditional drops?

I feel this is true. or, different feeling at least. i like being flung over the lift. something that's missing at SFMM. after taking my trip to chicago and ohio last month, and being able to ride SFGA Goliath, Raging Bull, MF, Banshee, Diamondback, etc. I still long for an awesome straight drop at SFMM.

whatever RMC does, i'm sure it will be awesome no matter what, but i do prefer straight first drops.

If it's not 500 ft with a triple heartline roll drop then it sucks!

I completely understand that this was a joke, however, maybe that's it... First DOUBLE twisting drop on a woodie?... Now that would be amazing!

These last two days will be so painful!.. And knowing SF, they won't even release a full POV rendering lol. Remember IRAT and Medusa?

If it's not 500 ft with a triple heartline roll drop then it sucks!

I'll be the first on the record saying this is going to be a RMC wooden aquatrax.

Either that or SFMM is planning on shocking us all and adding elements onto Bench: The Ride.

--Here's to hoping somebody here has any clue what I'm talking about with Bench: The Ride!

My head is hurting reading some of these posts and the complaints about a first drop on something that is just speculation at this point You guys, they will be announcing this thing in a couple days, then you can complain all you want about how its not fast enough, too many inversions, I don't like the color of the track, etc. I'm just happy that we are possibly getting something in California that could finally be good enough to be called our own and not another coaster I have to travel to the East to ride. If RMC is indeed involved, I don't care what kinda of gimmick SFMM will try to market this coaster; I'm just simply salivating at the fact that this will probably be the best coaster on the West Coast. I'm looking very forward to seeing the official release from the park so I can start bragging that we will be getting something unique, and awesome to one of my home parks.