TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

The food is good at the Johnny rockets at Knotts. So not all theme park JR are bad

That actually makes sense, because the reason its bad at Six Flags is because its Six Flags. Despite Cedar Fair being a cut above, if I were JR I'd want to run or at least train those locations myself to protect my brand.

It would be interesting for them to move the park entrance to that side of the park so it would be much closer for guests. Also that way you could enter beneath the new RMC Colossus in a similar way you go underneath Gatekeeper at Cedar Point. Would it also be possible to enter Hurricane Harbor from that side as well?

Yes, that would be nice. Even if they don't reroute the main gate, it would be nice if they put in a summer gate, or gate for pass holders over by scream.

^^ The ride was long rumored to be getting the RMC treatment (ever since the construction of the New Texas Giant in 2011) around 2015/2016. Earlier this year magic mountain announced they would be closing the ride down. We will find out on the 28th what the park is going to be doing. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for a RMC coaster though.

^^ The ride was long rumored to be getting the RMC treatment (ever since the construction of the New Texas Giant in 2011) around 2015/2016. Earlier this year magic mountain announced they would be closing the ride down. We will find out on the 28th what the park is going to be doing. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for a RMC coaster though.
I'm pretty sure it's a strong bet that RMC is iron horsing Colossus. If they weren't planning on doing it, the ride might be open for a little while longer, and there might be completely destroyed sections of the coaster. It's the same pattern we saw with NTAG, iRat, and Medusa. This is all but confirmed to be RMC. Edited by simaticable

Anyone happen to spot Six Flags CEO Jim Anderson at any of the parks recently??? Last year's announcement video had him doing 2 "live" segments for both SFGAdv & SFSL while the rest were on a soundstage of sorts. Maybe someone within earshot might get the inside track. Then again they might have already wrapped and could be in post..

My guess is they'll completely gut the entire structure and build an RMC from scratch, like Outlaw Run or Goliath. I don't think they would reuse that old structure. I'm really hoping they rebuild the station too, it looks really outdated.

I can definitely see that happening! If they do that before the announcement it's going to be a total ****storm of controversy and speculation. And on more of a personal note, I hope the ride doesn't look ugly and Popsicle Stick-y like the other RMC coasters.

My guess is they'll completely gut the entire structure and build an RMC from scratch, like Outlaw Run or Goliath. I don't think they would reuse that old structure. I'm really hoping they rebuild the station too, it looks really outdated.

I can definitely see that happening! If they do that before the announcement it's going to be a total ****storm of controversy and speculation. And on more of a personal note, I hope the ride doesn't look ugly and Popsicle Stick-y like the other RMC coasters.

Popsickle Stick-y? Have you seen one in person? They are actually pretty striking, beautiful, and intimidating.

Every RMC conversion so far has utilized some of the existing structure, and I highly doubt Colossus will be any different. At minimum I'm guessing the structure for the lift hill and the two turns will remaining mostly intact, with modifications as necessary to accommodate new elements (probably a taller lift with a steeper drop and some type of turn other than a flat unbanked one). I wouldn't be surprised if the middle structure, especially that for the midcourse brakes, is entirely replaced.

As for the station, unless they move it I'm guessing there won't be many modifications to the building itself. The queue layout will probably change, especially if there is only one track.

Yes I have seen NTAG in person. It's personal preference really.

You...you realize NTAG is the original structure, yes?

Edit - You can see the color difference where RMC added their new structure atop the existing.

Has anyone even noticed that the word "Giga" is listed in the names SFMM has posted? I hope it's a clue that's it'll be a Giga coaster, cause that'll be weird for them to randomly have that on the list. But that's just my opinion

To be fair, the list also includes "Bobsled" and "X3". You can make a million predictions by picking out words from that list.

Before everyone gets all excited that RMC will be on-site soon...the de-construction right now is probably still being done by the park themselves. They will be removing anything they want to salvage before it is turned over to the contractor to begin work on the new version of the ride.

Also, as a side note...I can't even keep track of what the actual last train was. Between Saturday's advertised final day, Sunday's pass holder day, and the following employee event...I've seen 5 or 6 claims of being on the "last" train!

Here's my hope.

I could imagine an RMC conversion where the two current tracks are utilized, as they are more or less, with some elements added, but as one long track.

The secret sauce? New lift hill, very high, probably giga, likely starting outside the existing structure and bracing and recontouring and raising one of the existing first drops. Use the outer circuit with extra material added above and around, including some inversion and "bridge" type structures between the existing hills, add banking. Keep the second circuit somewhat like it is currently but with no braking, faster, so the elements can be felt the way they were meant to be felt.

Note that I'm not suggesting a second lift hill. I don't think that's necessary. The current structure runs fine at about 50 mph maximum speed. If you went giga with the first hill, and had a top speed for that of 80 plus mph, then you'd have 50 plus after the first circuit.

I could see them using basically all of the existing structure -- for the first new cycle around, it would just essentially be the scaffolding for the rest of the ride, which would mostly be at 150 to 200 feet off the ground, and the second cycle would be much like the current ride, just easier to maintain and still a bit more thrilling due to a higher speed.

That's what I'd like to see anyway.

Also, as a side note...I can't even keep track of what the actual last train was. Between Saturday's advertised final day, Sunday's pass holder day, and the following employee event...I've seen 5 or 6 claims of being on the "last" train!

Quite a few people have been making "claims" that they were on the final train (as though it matters in some sort of "I have a bigger penis than you" contest) but to set the record straight, here were the real "last trains."

According to the park, this is the "last official public train" -

BvN7KlCCIAEYXwd.jpg:large

With the "last official riders" that the park tweeted out:

BvN0SUzCEAEXlDv.jpg:large

And this was the actual final train EVER to leave the station - (after hours employee party to send a final farewell to the coaster!)

Those are the only people with any REAL "bragging rights!"

Edited by robbalvey

Does being on the "final Colossus train" entitle you to free coffee and beer for life? Then it would be worth it.

Being on one of the actual last final trains entitles you to being cooler than the rest of us. Pretending to be on one of the last final trains in an effort to get fake bragging rights entitles you to be a guest on this show:

Edited by robbalvey