TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

I think they're removing the chain system first?

Seeing this ride get torn down is like a dream come true for me. I always thought it was an underwhelming ride after they made all those changes to it. And those boooring turns. I don't think magic mountain can go wrong with what they add instead unless it's another" #YOLOSWAG loopz for dayzz" ride.

Question - how long before IRat and NTAG did the RMC track start showing up?

I'm excited to see what they do. With a racing coaster, there are so many possibilities with this. Hopefully they'll utilize the ride to its full potential!

Yeah they were actually doing some work. Waiting for the tram they took the chain out and when I was leaving it looked like a pulley was out. I got a picture of the crane and people up there but no different than what was already posted. I don't bring my phone in with me so I couldn't get I couldn't really snap pics of anything else.

Well, the layout is pretty long and there are two tracks, not one, so... I would imagine it would take extra effort to get it up in a year. I imagine similar circumstances for Cyclone considering they'll be facing a real winter during construction.

This is flat terrain. Any new ride will have the majority of the track and parts pre-assembled made in factories. It won't take long to put something up, once the old coaster is removed.

Didn't NTAG take 1-1.5 years to Iron Horse? Was that due to the fact that it was the first or that it was a long, rather twisty layout? If it was the latter, Colossus also has a long layout which isn't extremely accessible from the outside, so it might take longer. iRat's layout was more spread out and easier to access, especially when the helix was demolished. Of course, Medusa was a (smaller) twister layout, and didn't it get Iron Horsed in a short time frame?

Call me dumb, but I don't understand why a bigger project would take a longer time. Who would be stopping them from, you know, having a larger crew in order to get the work done? Seems like a simple solution.

More trained supervisors, iron workers, etc etc who have technical skills and experience in the firm that won the bid. It's the reason no major project goes up in a day simply because they would want it to.

^^I think your post kinda proves my point that the size of the project shouldn't really matter when it comes to completion time. I know Medusa at SFM took less than a season to build, and while shorter than iRat and NTAG, the terrain it sits on is not the most welcoming on the planet. I also know that they had a core group of RMC employees and hired the rest of the crew locally, so once again, I think they can hire however many people they need to in order to get the project completed by its opening date.

Yeah, I know SFMM blah blah blah but I'm posting this as if a reputable company is in charge of the project, so for once I don't think that an SFMM factor will play into the completion time.

Colossus also has a long layout which isn't extremely accessible from the outside, so it might take longer.

But don't they have an entire parking lot of space on the side? If Magic Mountain could pull off Tatsu as fast as they did then they can pull off Iron Colossus.

Edited by iloveblueberries

Great photos - I guess there hasn't been any RMC-branded vehicles on site?

Also, and this may sound odd, it's still striking to me how vivid the old hills are in the structure...do we have close ups of what they look like? It's really interesting that all these years later, they're still so prominent when you look at the structure.

It would be interesting for them to move the park entrance to that side of the park so it would be much closer for guests. Also that way you could enter beneath the new RMC Colossus in a similar way you go underneath Gatekeeper at Cedar Point. Would it also be possible to enter Hurricane Harbor from that side as well?

It would be interesting for them to move the park entrance to that side of the park so it would be much closer for guests. Also that way you could enter beneath the new RMC Colossus in a similar way you go underneath Gatekeeper at Cedar Point. Would it also be possible to enter Hurricane Harbor from that side as well?

That would be amazing!! Not having to wait for a tram or making that long trek back to the car with sore feet

Can the Waterpark be accessed from that point also?

They would have to put in some type of "main street" for gift shops and food stands. It could be grand if they did not do it on the cheap. Also an entrance there would give better access to both sides of the park. I am sure that would save on trams and it also opens the "old entrance" to expansion opportunities. Not going to happen.