TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

i'm glad everyone is safe and okay. i really liked being able to watch the live feed. sfmm did a great, quick and safe job of getting everyone off. freak accidents happen. with all that said, my cousin posted a joke on my facebook..."Bummer. Maybe they need to change the Ninja name to Log Jammer?" too soon!?!

I have a feeling that the SoCal politicians are salivating at this story right now

"No more Ninjas in captivity! They should all be released to Dojos so they are free to roam with their families!"

Some above asked as if you are liable if a tree in your garden falls on some others car? I do not know for the US but in Germany you are! It is your tree and you have to make sure - by for example having the tree checked regulary by a gardener - your tree will not hurt others or their property. I know this because I formerly worked as a civil servant for a city and we had our own gardeners employed doing these checks on all trees on public ground.

In the US, yes you are responsible if your tree falls on another's car due to negligence, but this is usually settled by insurance companies. The homeowner's liability insurance usually covers any damages. Also, if it occurs during a natural disaster, all liabilities are waived as an "act of God." So if your tree comes down during an ice storm, it's not your fault, as it couldn't have been prevented.

I absolutely cannot stand how most people are so quick to judge. People on Facebook were automatically spewing out how this happened due to the park's negligence.

Another reminder of why I don't have an account with Facebook Corporation.

My speculation is that the tree toppling could have been due to the drought. Magic Mountain is a very irrigated place, that's why it has a lot more tree cover than surrounding areas. Severe drought can cause stress in trees that can cause them to fall over without a wind storm or earthquake. Many of the trees at SFMM look like they were planted in the early days of the park and they might be getting into problems with the lack of natural water to keep them alive, now made worse by the driest period in California since white people showed up.

If Ninja does reopen, I guess it will happen after a lot of tree removal.

It's a tie for me whether I like Ninja or Kings Island's Bat more, despite the anticlimatic finish of Ninja.

I wonder if the cars themselves actually hit the tree or just the wheel assemblies?

If the later in the case, the rather unique style of this ride is probably responsible for the thankfully no injuries. If the cars happen to be swung away from the tree at the the time it probably saved a lot more damage and injury.

Wow...Glad I didn't plan a trip to Magic Mountain this month if Green Lantern and Ninja are both down now. Looks like Six Flags handled this well, but I have a feeling the media will still beat them up over this. Glad no one got seriously injured. Wish I could say the same about that kid in Spain that got killed on Inferno...That's pretty sad.