TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Six Flags has finally learned! They opened the plaza at 10:00 with a single separate gold line that would allow entry at 10:20, with rope drop at 10:30. It worked flawlessly and a lot of people were taking advantage of getting fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and Flash Passes early, etc. this is also going to be a permanent thing since the spiels at the front gate were updated for this.

Also, YOLOcoaster is back to two trains and X2 is slowly getting its speakers back. Today was a nice quiet day!

So it was never explained why one of trains completely disappeared for a time? I wonder if it has anything to do with that weird rollback they had a while back

Six Flags has finally learned! They opened the plaza at 10:00 with a single separate gold line that would allow entry at 10:20, with rope drop at 10:30. It worked flawlessly and a lot of people were taking advantage of getting fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and Flash Passes early, etc. this is also going to be a permanent thing since the spiels at the front gate were updated for this.

Also, YOLOcoaster is back to two trains and X2 is slowly getting its speakers back. Today was a nice quiet day!

So it was never explained why one of trains completely disappeared for a time? I wonder if it has anything to do with that weird rollback they had a while back

They were both taken off the track one at a time just for a general refurb. I rode both trains today and they big seemed the same. There is now red and green paint at the top of the loop. It looks weird.

Also, Roaring Rapids was running In the morning with a long line but when I walked by in the afternoon the whole thing had been drained and there was a sign out front saying it was closed for a while due to annual maintenance. Sounds like something serious.

Also, Roaring Rapids was running In the morning with a long line but when I walked by in the afternoon the whole thing had been drained and there was a sign out front saying it was closed for a while due to annual maintenance. Sounds like something serious.

Talk about a turn of events!!! How odd!!!

It's sad when an accomplishment for your home park is that they can properly open the park...

It's sad when an accomplishment for your home park is that they can properly open the park...

^^^^^ I saw the red and green marker paint on the YOLO loop when I was there over Memorial Day weekend. What is that there for?? You could really see it from behind. Is the entire loop painted now or just the markers I saw a few weeks ago?

Fingers crossed they just plow it for a low capacity, short coaster that'll get constant construction delays but open up just in time for Labor Day next summer.

In all seriousness, I'm glad to see Six Flags has found the potential in RMC... when will Cedar Fair discover it?

If it turns out to get the iron treatment. I hope they stay with dueling sides. I know in the past rumors were saying one side or even converting it to one track. I love to see what RMC could do with a dueling coaster.

Could this mean...?

Kind of interesting, though, how we've seen several rides that were once record-breakers that are being torn down or re-imagined. I sure hope this ride gets the RMC treatment rather than the Rolling Thunder treatment...