TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2205 - Opening Day Photo TR!

I think every thread on TPR now includes.....

- I want my local park to get an RMC

- I want my local park to get an RMC Iron Horse treatment on (insert old/aging/rough/forgotten woodie)

- Rumor has it my local park is getting an RMC

- B&M sucks

- YOLO bee-ah-ch!

- Wouldn't it be great if my local park replaced that pathetic post 2000 B&M with an RMC

- RMC

- B&M fail

- Banshee looks slow even though its going 68mph midway through the run, the ride is a dog!

^Lets not forget these:

• -"Not enough ejector air, this ride is mediocre."
    -"2.5 gs? I want 6 gs!!!"
    -"This wing coaster isn't as intense as the other B&Ms. Even though they're designed to provide two completely different experiences, I will judge them as if they were the same."

^Lets not forget these:

• -"Not enough ejector air, this ride is mediocre."
    -"2.5 gs? I want 6 gs!!!"
    -"This wing coaster isn't as intense as the other B&Ms. Even though they're designed to provide two completely different experiences, I will judge them as if they were the same."

And

- Six Flags Sucks

- Legoland is heaven on Earth

- Disney Rocks

- Universal Sucks

- SyFy!!!

- (Insert park) needs 50 new kids rides cause kids only have 20 rides in the park

The SR lines for GL and RR are really great because you literally bypass the entire queue. The SR line goes right to the dispatching ride operator who puts you in the next empty seat. With RR you can almost always walk straight onto a train without breaking stride. GL you may wait a couple minutes depending on how many uneven groups there are. Lex you can still sometimes wait 10-15 mins for, so if the line isn't longer than that it may not be worth it.

Yeah, I'd heard about GL, RR, Revolution, Viper, and Lex's single-rider lines. Where are GL's and RR's single-rider lines, though? I did some Google Street View walking through the park and I couldn't seem to find them. I presume they're in the rides' exits?

Yeah they are pretty hard to find if you don't know where to look. For GL when you walk up the exitway, it's the staircase that *isnt* the one exiting riders are using. It literally leads to behind the back of the operator who is dispatching the trains, so work backwards from there if you don't see it right away. When you go up the stairs politely let the operator know you're there, remembering that they're working so try not to distract or surprise them.

For RR it's even tougher, you follow the exitway around until just before you get to the lockers (if you come to the lockers or the flash pass entrance then you passed it). There's a sign on the building to your right that marks a nondescript doorway with a staircase inside that leads to the opposite side of the loading station. Unlike GL, an operator will usually notice you right away and more often than not put you on the first train.

Did anyone else get the survey asking if the park would benefit from a scream the faster you launch coaster? ( is that what it's called Robb and Elissa just rode one in Japan )

I'm sure that screaming feature will work for years on end and not break down constantly...

Did anyone else get the survey asking if the park would benefit from a scream the faster you launch coaster? ( is that what it's called Robb and Elissa just rode one in Japan )

I'm sure that screaming feature will work for years on end and not break down constantly...

Like Expedition Everest and Disco Yeti?

^Um, NO. The audio is intermittent at best. Tim B. stated @ WCB a few years back that they were determined to get it working as close to 100% as they could but doesn't look like they were successful.