TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

^I'm not sure how they would fit a park like CP but I fully agree with you when you say they look more like a Las Vegas Strip attraction (the fact that they combine several things into one structure also helps that)

I think you're definitely right about it being a las vegas type of attraction, but I think it could work at both CP and SFMM. CP because it has little space and they already removed their observation tower, so now they'd have one. And Magic Mountain mainly because it would offer something they wouldn't have. And above it was stated that their observation tower was having some difficulties...

I'm gonna brag about my day at the park yesterday. I was very impressed with how much I accomplished.

Full Throttle - 25min

Green Lantern - walk on

Namtab - walk on

Sussoloc - walk on

Scream - walk on

Superman - 5min

Apocalypse - 20min

Golitath - 30min

X2 - 20min

Ninja - 15min

Riddler - walk on

Gold Rusher - walk on

Viper - walk on

Tatsu - 20min

X2 - 30min

I have to say it was a GREAT day at the mountain, best day I've ever been.

I'm gonna brag about my day at the park yesterday. I was very impressed with how much I accomplished.

YOLOcoaster - 25min

Green Lantern - walk on

Namtab - walk on

Sussoloc - walk on

Scream - walk on

Superman - 5min

Apocalypse - 20min

Golitath - 30min

X2 - 20min

Ninja - 15min

Riddler - walk on

Gold Rusher - walk on

Viper - walk on

Tatsu - 20min

X2 - 30min

I have to say it was a GREAT day at the mountain, best day I've ever been.

danggggg I'm sooooo jealousssss....

I'm just curious since I have completely no knowledge on the subject, but with all the talk about "The Big One," how would it affect the coasters? I know they probably won't collapse or anything lol, but would they still be ride-able or how would all that work with the supports in the ground? Interesting stuff...

^ If the "Big One" did hit it could certainly do significant damage to the park. The Northridge Earthquake in 1994 damaged the park quite heavily. Also a lot of SoCal has a high risk of Liquefaction causing the soil to lose strength and stiffness due to severe movement. I'm not sure if SFMM is in a place with a high Liquefaction risk, but if it is, I could see it taking out the coasters and the Skytower along with S:EFK and Lex Luthor. Let's hope this never happens.

^ If the "Big One" did hit it could certainly do significant damage to the park. The Northridge Earthquake in 1994 damaged the park quite heavily. Also a lot of SoCal has a high risk of Liquefaction causing the soil to lose strength and stiffness due to severe movement. I'm not sure if SFMM is in a place with a high Liquefaction risk, but if it is, I could see it taking out the coasters and the Skytower along with S:EFK and Lex Luthor. Let's hope this happens so a better company can buy it out and make a better park out of it.

Fixed that for you.

I'm just curious since I have completely no knowledge on the subject, but with all the talk about "The Big One," how would it affect the coasters? I know they probably won't collapse or anything lol, but would they still be ride-able or how would all that work with the supports in the ground? Interesting stuff...

Don't jinx it

The fact that CP is investing in to proper attractions as opposed to real ones makes me very happy. I am not a fan of record breaking, as this practice tends to promote rides with gimmicks to them as opposed to complete ride experiences. (I do like the rush to add inversions to wood coasters, but this is just because it means more RMC projects)

While CP has installed an unique wing coaster, SFMM got the world's worst zac spin and a triple launcher that is shorter than most single-launch coasters. I doubt SFMM would ever get a polar coaster, because this type of ride would probably be expensive, and SFMM's main goal is to install the cheapest possible ride that can still break a record.

^^Many people would argue that GateKeeper wasn't worth the investment, as I have heard it is pretty boring...

Full Throttle isn't anything earth shattering, but it's still a lot of fun.

^^Many people would argue that GateKeeper wasn't worth the investment, as I have heard it is pretty boring...

YOLOcoaster isn't anything earth shattering, but it's still a lot of fun.

6 milli for YOLO and 25 milli for GK, MM wins

My dad and I are going down to LA for a wedding and we are stopping at MM on Wednesday for a few hours. We will get there when it opens, but I was wondering how the crowds have been. Any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Ride Yolo in the last seat

Revolution, Riddlers, Viper, Green Lantern and Lex Luther all have single rider lines

Bring nausea medicine if you ride Green Lantern

RIDE Lex Luther

That's about the bottom line.

Ride Yolo in the last seat

Revolution, Riddlers, Viper, Green Lantern and Lex Luther all have single rider lines

Bring nausea medicine if you ride Green Lantern

RIDE Lex Luther

Yolo might have two trains.

Revolution, Riddler's Revenge, and Viper will have one train.

Green Lantern will have 20 minute dispatches.

Lex Luthor will have 10 minute dispatches.

Also it's the heart of Spring Break season. Get there before opening, go straight to X2. You'll still wait 45 minutes for X2 regardless if you're the first person in line, but it'll be better than 5 hours later in the day. For the rest of your day, I recommend praying.

^ It doesn't help you at Magic Mountain. Nothing can help you.

I had a Platinum Flash Pass and rode all the coasters (Except for X2 and Magic Flyer), Lex Luther, Carousel, and Sky Tower before the end of the day. I also got on Yolo 2x. Once to begin the day, and the other to end.

Btw, X2 Was closed and I couldn't ride Magic Flyer cause I'm not Big Mike.

^ If the "Big One" did hit it could certainly do significant damage to the park. The Northridge Earthquake in 1994 damaged the park quite heavily. Also a lot of SoCal has a high risk of Liquefaction causing the soil to lose strength and stiffness due to severe movement. I'm not sure if SFMM is in a place with a high Liquefaction risk, but if it is, I could see it taking out the coasters and the Skytower along with S:EFK and Lex Luthor. Let's hope this never happens.

The Northridge quake did not damage the park one bit. The hillside by Ninja collapsed, but that was about it(some claim Psyclone was never the same after the quake aswell). The park did not open for two weeks as they had no water supply and you can not operate a park with no water.

Magic Mountains biggest problem was that there was no freeway access for over three months from Los Angeles and you had to take a old road to get to the park. It was also the year Baman The Ride opend and the park had it's biggest attendance in a decade. Guess people needed a place to relax after this huge shaker...