TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

namtaB sounded absolutely stupid backwards, and I'll admit that I said that I really doubted they would ever do it. Once they did, I HAD to go try it, and carved out some time right before the promotion was over.

It wasn't a bad ride experience, but it also wasn't insanely awesome. It was worth doing once, but I didn't feel the need to rush back in line afterward. If you haven't experienced but can, definitely do.

Then again, I really don't care for anything turned around. Viper was turned around when I was there too, and I skipped it because I just didn't care. If you like other things backwards, namtaB might be the bees knees.

^I doubt that would be the case actually; I don't think they would stop running them backwards in 4-8 weeks because they are the only new things they are offering this year. I think the park just meant that the new backward experiences would open in the Spring (and they're already starting passholder previews). So, I think they will run them until at least very close to the end of the year, my guess would be right after Fright Fest.

Also, I believe the park is running two trains backwards! In Chicago, I think they only had one train, but I may be wrong on that.

It's a Spring promotion. Another park is getting the backwards trains for summer.

Batman will run backwards for 8 months at Magic Mountain.

^^^ Really?

Honestly I didn't enjoy batman backwards here at SFGAm and I couldn't wait for them to turn it around. It was too much headbanging for me. When It was forward I could brace myself but going backwards it was kinda hard. First drop in the front well the back, was amazing, the rest... ehh

But that being said I hope you guys have a better experience with namtaB than I did.

Rebel Yell backwards at Kings Dominion made an old-school woodie truly terrifying, and backwards Hollywood Dream at Universal Japan made a nice B&M even more enjoyable. I shudder to think how much more intense Namtab at SFMM will be.

The first backwards B&M I rode was The Swarm and it was much better backwards than forwards. Forwards the ride is good but not great. but the addition of not quite knowing where you are going next is really enjoyable.

Hollywood Dream backwards has to be one of the most bizarre experiences I have ever had on a coaster. Going backwards was much better than going forwards and the ride itself is great but my experience was this: going backwards on a roller coaster, in japan, listening to One Direction. Very odd.

One Direction was only chosen as they were the only British band on there unfortunately! I really should have chosen the Japanese song.

Anyway, I would love to try a B&M invert backwards. Maybe Alton could make Nemesis backwards but only for a limited time.

I'll be heading to the mountain this weekend. I'm worried about the front gate change to the biometric scanners. These haven't worked properly at Busch Gardens in Tampa for quite sometime. What kind of delays will this create to get in??? The hand held scanners worked well...

I'll be heading to the mountain this weekend. I'm worried about the front gate change to the biometric scanners. These haven't worked properly at Busch Gardens in Tampa for quite sometime. What kind of delays will this create to get in??? The hand held scanners worked well...

I think they're only using around half the gates right now while the other half get upgraded. I've also heard that they are letting people in a bit early since the lines are moving a lot slower to get in. I'll post back once I get there tomorrow morning.

I do not like backwards coasters. I can handle shuttles and Boomerangs, but I don't dare try one of these. I had my chance last year to ride it and decided to use the chicken exit instead.

image.thumb.jpg.049094c8a232fb04b0fde517b482964d.jpg

Backwards train of people at Great America last year.

I'm all in favor of parks turning trains backwards, or offering some backwards seats. The only downside for enthusiasts is that the often-limited timeframes can't always coincide with our trips. But I totally understand if that works best for the parks, who are obviously targeting locals. Plus, the trains can be more damaging to the track in some cases.

Next month I'll be going with a friend of mine. I've heard X2 is amazing, but I believe this ride is just an myth because it never in operation whenever I attend. Can't wait to try Batman backwards--seems a lot better, probably because you can't see the track. Iamb sure my buddy will try to drag me on to Green Lantern (swear to god, this ride would be perfect for Plan Parenthood). I can' t wait to get my roller coaster fix on. Oh yeah, will definately enjoy YOLO.

Edited by Jello_Biafra

Tried to register my pass and this is what I was met with.

[attachment=0]Untitled.png[/attachment]

EDIT: Had to fill out the form a second time (did it exactly the same) and it went through. Still, come on Six Flags. .NET is getting old anyways.