• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swung by the park for a few hours to see how things would be in the covid world, and I have to say that magic mountain did a pretty good job. For those wondering, it appears the only checks for r

SFMM Trip Report. Opening Day, April 1st, 2021.    TLDR: I had a very six flags day (but it was awesome)   After over four years, I finally returned to my home park and self-procla

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

Posted Images

What all is served at Foot Etc. Is it general cafeteria food or is it specifically American food (hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, etc.)?

Sushi as well. That, oddly enough, is quite good from what I hear because it is made fresh by an outside vendor and NOT SFMM's food department.

Hmm--I guess it beats "gas-station sushi."

Ah, Flashback.

And they still lined up for you, LOL.

Just for the record: that was the season pass processing line, not a line for Flashback. I also enjoy the Metro train cars sitting right there -- are those now up and running at Hershey (or where ever they ended up getting sold to)?

Flashback was really a brutal ride. I had ridden it as Z-Force, and while I didn't love it I do remember it being unique. Years later I caught it on a day where Magic Mountain unpredictably decided to run it, and wow was it brutal. The restraints were awful, and I recall just how "heavy" the cars felt diving into every corner. It had a pretty unique sound, and even that "sounded" heavy. I don't know exactly what made it age so poorly, but it went from an interesting ride to a "why?!?!?" ride over those years inbetween.

Wanted to throw in this video (I know it's Great America, but I figured it would be interesting to those who knew of this ride (mostly as a lawn ornament) only as Flashback at MM) - this was a recording of the local Chicago news piece on the brand new Z Force by RandyV (provided to TPR).

What all is served at Foot Etc. Is it general cafeteria food or is it specifically American food (hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, etc.)?

Sushi as well. That, oddly enough, is quite good from what I hear because it is made fresh by an outside vendor and NOT SFMM's food department.

Hmm--I guess it beats "gas-station sushi."

So the sushi is better than nothing?....Ok I'll show myself out. But to me the BBQ place was the best food option at SFMM even though it was overpriced.

-Cookie

As long as you eat something that's outsourced at any Six Flags parks you're fine. It's of course going to be overpriced but it's much safer and tasty than any 'normal' Six Flags food. This is not a problem unique to Magic Mountain for once!

There are very few parks I go into thinking the food is going to be outstanding. I did like the BBQ place and would eat there when I had the chance. I like sushi but there is something about eating it at an amusement park that isn't right even if it is out sourced.

There are very few parks I go into thinking the food is going to be outstanding. I did like the BBQ place and would eat there when I had the chance. I like sushi but there is something about eating it at an amusement park that isn't right even if it is out sourced.

Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks .

Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks .

You are forgetting Herschend

"Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks ."

OMG. I hate Disney food. Eeewwww

I hate you right now

^LOL. Agreed.

I know I'll catch some heat for this but I'm not a huge fan of any park's Churros.

You need to travel to Germany, and visit Phantasialand. They have the best Churros I have ever had in their Mexican area of the park. Fresh squeezed into the fryer in a long bundle of yummy dough!

"Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks ."

OMG. I hate Disney food. Eeewwww.

Is this only in the Anaheim and Orlando parks you're talking about?

Even Disney Paris has good food, as well as the Asian parks.

^LOL. Agreed.

I know I'll catch some heat for this but I'm not a huge fan of any park's Churros.

You need to travel to Germany, and visit Phantasialand. They have the best Churros I have ever had in their Mexican area of the park. Fresh squeezed into the fryer in a long bundle of yummy dough!

"Fresh" being the key word.

OMG. I hate Disney food. Eeewwww.

Is this only in the Anaheim and Orlando parks you're talking about?

Even Disney Paris has good food, as well as the Asian parks.

Anaheim

Are you eating food your'e finding on the ground? Disney food is mostly amazing, minus a few standard fare park items.

Worst pizza ever. Hamburgers are ok. (Only thing I found I like is the chili burgers next to soaring over California).

Don't think I hate Disney. I love going there. I'm just not happy with the food.

Are you eating food your'e finding on the ground? Disney food is mostly amazing, minus a few standard fare park items.

Worst pizza ever. Hamburgers are ok. (Only thing I found I like is the chili burgers next to soaring over California).

Don't think I hate Disney. I love going there. I'm just not happy with the food.

I dont think you hate them (nor do I care, im just trying to understand why you don't like the food.) Over the past few years the entire resort went through food revolution. Nearly every place that serves any type of meal has an upgraded menu with much better food offerings. The only places that haven't had anything done are Pizza Port and the Plaza Inn. Next time you are there, try something new at a different place. I think you'd be surprised.

Now, back to YOLO Mountain, is there any movement on New Coaster 19 ? lol

You're not eating the right food bro.

And Knoebels (Since you said parks and not chains I'm assuming that counts).

What is it about most Theme Parks having such poor quality food? I've just never understood it. If most fast food chains can provide decent quality, at least in taste, why cant Theme Parks? I just don't get it...