• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swung by the park for a few hours to see how things would be in the covid world, and I have to say that magic mountain did a pretty good job. For those wondering, it appears the only checks for r

SFMM Trip Report. Opening Day, April 1st, 2021.    TLDR: I had a very six flags day (but it was awesome)   After over four years, I finally returned to my home park and self-procla

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

Posted Images

Apparently, Mark Shapiro's favorite flat ride still resides at the park. Haha, got to love these little mistakes...

Dam how did I miss that! Looks like i need to head back to SFMM to ride 11 story, 50mph tilt-a-whirl! I just hope it's water that get the guests wet.

According to this video, the area above the track didn't have a roof, but the load and unload area were covered. You can see what I mean towards the end of the video. I'm not sure if it was changed or not later on during its life because the video is from 1996.

I've made it a point to ignore this thread for a while, but are people really freaking out over a roof? Ever been to CGA? That park could seriously use roofs over some of it's rides, even if they look like what they built over YOLOcoaster. A roof is a roof, shade is shade. The coaster experience stays the same, so who cares?

^ A lot of us care about how a Park presents itself. The "roof" that was added to Full Throttle is nothing short of a joke. No thought, or care was put into it. Its almost offensive how SFMM doesn't even care enough about their Park, and us, their Customers to put a minimal amount of effort into anything they do. That's why we care.

I've made it a point to ignore this thread for a while, but are people really freaking out over a roof? Ever been to CGA? That park could seriously use roofs over some of it's rides, even if they look like what they built over YOLOcoaster. A roof is a roof, shade is shade. The coaster experience stays the same, so who cares?

Agreed. I don't go to a six flags park to ride the building. I go for the ride...

There is an excessively abundant amount of straight up bitching in this thread, even for a roller coaster enthusiast website. I don't mind complaining, in fact it's a favorite past time of mine. Granted we all know this park does have is fair share of issues but the complaints have turned to whining and have become uninspired and just downright DULL. It's now a chore to actually find a relevant post these days.

I feel like its become a sort of competition among posters as to who can find the most banal minutia about this park to moan about. AND THEN PROCEED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH. I mean a ROOF?? its just a goddamn roof for Christ's sake. I might suggest editing the title of this 3300 page threat to something more appropriate - maybe include the phrase "bandwagon bitchfest"? Just a suggestion.

^ Welcome to the SFMM thread, you must be new here. I don't think most of us "hate" the park as much as it seems. We love SFMM, we just have a funny way of showing it.

As for the roof, if it was JUST the roof, that might be different, but it's not just the roof. It's the everything about the new coaster other than the coaster itself. It's not going to stop me from riding and enjoying YOLOCoaster, but it does look very cheap.

One thing I always keep in mind with SFMM is their target demographic, which is not us. The mass of mindless teenagers that seems to make up the majority of their crowd is very much the "Yolo" crowd, and they eat this stuff up. For as much crap as we give SFMM, they were still the most profitable park in the chain last year, so financially they must be doing something right at least in the short term, in other words it doesn't look like their recent strategies and decisions are negatively affecting attendance.

There is an excessively abundant amount of straight up bitching in this thread, even for a roller coaster enthusiast website. I don't mind complaining, in fact it's a favorite past time of mine. Granted we all know this park does have is fair share of issues but the complaints have turned to whining and have become uninspired and just downright DULL. It's now a chore to actually find a relevant post these days.

I feel like its become a sort of competition among posters as to who can find the most banal minutia about this park to moan about. AND THEN PROCEED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH. I mean a ROOF?? its just a goddamn roof for Christ's sake. I might suggest editing the title of this 3300 page threat to something more appropriate - maybe include the phrase "bandwagon bitchfest"? Just a suggestion.

Well, you are the same guy who doesn't like the YOLO stilt walker photo:

BNTPEPfCAAAimMr.jpg:large

I'm fine with all the complaining on this thread since the park always finds ways to piss me off when I visit the park.

People endlessly complain about all kinds of things, it's not just this thread. And c'mon, the station for this coaster is hilarious! You never get any pleasure out of snarking things that are amusingly bad?

^^Waits should be fairly reasonable only YOLOcoaster and Tatsu should see hour waits at the most (probably less). Crowds should be fairly reasonable as well most rides should see 30 minute waits at most but you could get lucky sometimes the park can be dead on that Monday.

Thanks. That's about what I expected. It's light enough that a Flash Pass won't likely be necessary, but heavy enough that if we decide to get one it won't go to waste.

As for Full Throttle's roof, it is just one more reason I find this thread hilarious. Yes, it looks cheap and minimal, but it actually fits with the theme of Full Throttle (cheap and minimal ). I'm not a huge fan of the way the ride has been treated, but if I had to pick I'd choose a top tier ride with subpar surroundings over an average ride with average surroundings. I'd also pick a functional roof over a partially functional shade cover. The problem is that SFMM is unwilling to invest the money to give the ride at least average surroundings, which doesn't help their case when compared with other So Cal parks.

Agreed. I don't go to a six flags park to ride the building. I go for the ride...

Come on guys we need to be nice to the certified Roofing Enthusiasts. This is a big deal to them.

If Magic Mountain gave us something good to discuss, I am sure we would be discussing that too. When Jay Thomas first came on, there was plenty of praise. YOLOCoaster itself also received tons of praise.

Talking about a roof for so long is probably a little excessive, but what else is there to discuss right now? X2 still down? None of the rides running the maximum amount of trains? Nothing being done on the Bugs Bunny World expansion yet?

Edited by Jew
If Magic Mountain gave us something good to discuss, I am sure we would be discussing that too. When Jay Thomas first came on, there was plenty of praise. YOLOCoaster itself also received tons of praise.

Talking about a roof for so long is probably a little excessive, but what else is there to discuss right now? X2 still down? None of the rides running the maximum amount of trains? Nothing being done on the Bugs Bunny World expansion yet?

Exactly how I feel, & I'm hardly ever one to complain.

As sad as it is to bash a park for so many things, this disappointment didn't come from no where. Many have seen the park at normal or great potential, it's sad that SFMM guests seem to have more heart for the park then what the management has shown. No matter how great a ride it, you can always tell when there is no passion in it & that's how SFMM seems to been operating. It seems like someone just shows to work one day and decides to open the park & call a few coworkers, halfhearted.

I'm there a 100% for coasters which is why I don't mind or pay attention to plenty of the problems going on, but it's sad that SFMM made my exceptions of them so low. I can't blame others who seen this park once great simply asking SixFlags to put some attention to their OWN PARK. If you're just trying to skate by and collect money quickly, it looks bad on a company & respect is lost by it's customers. Not a coincidence SFMM is used as a joke many times, why take a company serious who doesn't want to take their own park seriously.

^ Welcome to the SFMM thread, you must be new here. I don't think most of us "hate" the park as much as it seems. We love SFMM, we just have a funny way of showing it.

No I hate it.

^I've heard they would be off Black Snake Summit, but what rides they're replacing I have no idea. It wouldn't make sense to replace three body slides with two body slides that have lower capacity, but then again this is SFMM we're talking about.

^I've heard they would be off Black Snake Summit, but what rides they're replacing I have no idea. It wouldn't make sense to replace three body slides with two body slides that have lower capacity, but then again this is SFMM we're talking about.

Sorry, you're correct I refined the location of the box.

Edited by RollerCoasterAwesome