TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

I like how Disneyland had RSR closed and everyone game them a pass for techincal difficulties but YOLOcoaster closed? The park should have told everyone and screwed up the operations.

Disney will always have staff at the entrance of the attraction when it is down AND will have it posted on their website when an attraction is down for rehab/extended downtime.

Edited by Jew

I like how Disneyland had RSR closed and everyone game them a pass for techincal difficulties but YOLOcoaster closed? The park should have told everyone and screwed up the operations.

Disney will always have staff at the entrance of the attraction when it is down AND will have it posted on their website when an attraction is down for rehab/extended downtime.

Magic Mountain has staff in front of rides when they are temporarily broken down, and at the very least puts a sign up blocking the entrance when a ride is down for refurb, and..

Untitled.png.84a36be638081467f49796233be94b81.png

In regards to X2, I have only seen the sign on the bridge when it has been down. No employee. But good for SFMM for at least having that on their website. However, we were discussing YOLOCoaster---which is not currently listed on their website as being down. Nor do I imagine them having a greeter out there throughout the entire day.

Either way, you were comparing a temporary downtime to a ride closed for entire operating days, so it's not a fair comparison at all.

As a side note, Universal wins this category hands down by giving out jelly bellies, water bottles, and return passes for delays, downtime, and ride closures.

The thing is, RSR is a highly complex ride as where X2 is simply a roller coaster. You would think it's the other way around.

I would think that X2's trains are more mechanically complex than Radiator Springs Racers' cars. Radiator Springs Racers is more electronically complex though.

It's a moot point. Comparing temporary downtime to extended downtime is not a fair comparison.

Also, to answer the train question: it isn't like PTC has an assembly line where trains are cranked out non-stop. Each train has to be hand built (or a single operator for the CNC machine) and engineered to a high standard to be able to withstand all the forces. Lots of custom machining goes into each train. It adds up real quick.

They had an employee in front of X2 for the first couple weeks it was closed and then they stopped. Full Throttle had not one, not two, but THREE employees at the entrance ALL DAY telling people it was closed last weekend. They don't have employees out for extended down times but they do for temporary.

With all the steps SF has taken recently with restraints and "safety" by adding seat belts to numerous Coasters, the chances of removing the OTSR on Revolution (chances that were already very slim) have dropped drastically.

This was my experience with Apocalypse as well. The first time I rode it earlier this year it was smooth as glass. Reminded me of my first experience on Psyclone when it first opened. Every time I've ridden Apocalypse since then, there is a noticeable difference. Strange how much the ride has deteriorated in just a handful of months...

Its not that its gone downhill in months, you just had an unusually smooth ride the first time. I've had rides before yours that were very rough and others that were smoother. Its a crap shoot like a lot of rough rides.

With all the steps SF has taken recently with restraints and "safety" by adding seat belts to numerous Coasters, the chances of removing the OTSR on Revolution (chances that were already very slim) have dropped drastically.

It still could with a Lap Bar and seatbelt

I'll take that trade in a heartbeat.

Anyone know if YOLOcoaster was open today? We are going tomorrow and our fingers are crossed to the point of pain. Thanks.

Fuel Bottle was down for the day and hosts and hostess's were directing guests towards other thrill rides. Tatsu was walk on all day and many empty seats each ride. The cheerleaders were busy staying warm when the late day winds came up and froze everyone's jingle balls off. Tomorrow should be nicer and its Toys for The Holidays and even if your not interested for the free entrance bring a toy and pay it forward.

X2 has been closed for a much longer time than RSR, so it doesn't surprise me that Six Flags would put that on their website for a ride that has been closed for many months.

The thing is, RSR is a highly complex ride as where X2 is simply a roller coaster. You would think it's the other way around.

X2 is a highly complex roller coaster (as far as coasters go), but AFAIK the breakdown is not due to an issue with that, but with the chain lift (a component of almost any coaster), although the design of the chain lift and trains could have contributed to this.

I really can't take this park seriously when they have their signature ride down for 1/3 of a year, new rides down, and yet think and convince themselves they are the best park in the country (world).

This reminds me, I should probably feel more grateful that it only took me two visits (2010 and 2013) to get every possible credit here. Judging from multiple stories I've heard, it can take way more than that.

I really can't take this park seriously when they have their signature ride down for 1/3 of a year, new rides down, and yet think and convince themselves they are the best park in the country (world).

I had a much better day at Fuji Q than I did during my visit to SFMM! It's a shame as it seems like the park has so much potential if they would just get better management in there who has some customer service common senses.