TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2205 - Opening Day Photo TR!

I wouldn't judge. The fake tree was starting to show it's age and I hear the new entrance will be much more welcoming and nicer than the fake tree. Hopefully SFMM doesn't mess up with a new entrance/ makeover to the kids area.

I really doubt the new entrance will look good. Remember, the Full Throttle area was their latest attempt at a themed area...

I've always thought the tree was ugly, and that it stood out in a bad way. It's too bad that Six Flags is doing a poor job of keeping up the park's history, but if there's one thing I don't mind leaving, that's it.

Now if it'd been a bit shorter, more realistic looking, and maybe surrounded by some smaller trees so that it didn't stand out so much, maybe then it would've looked ok.

I always thought the tree looked a little "odd." So, if they want to get rid of it, rather than doing something to improve its appearance, then so be it, as far as I'm concerned.

YOLO Plaza and the potential destruction of the tree got me thinking; how would we feel if SFMM was "Cedar Politicized"?

As in, just gave up on the theming in general and just made a clean, simple well kept midway?

I think the teeming, as minimal as it is, really adds to the park, then again I may just be nostalgic to my home park....

I feel like I'm one of the few who feels apathetic towards the rotting tree being torn down. I hope they spend 2014 to improve the park by cleaning it up and giving everything a new paint job.

They won't. It'll be a dirty park without a big fake tree.

I hate to see the tree go, but maybe this means they can slightly shift the midway over in order to make room for some real trees to block the FullThrottle station. As it is right now, there doesn't look to be any room with all the mechanical/electrical equipment between the station and midway. I also hope they do something with the large open concrete area in front of the Golden Bear Theatre. For a park that does a better job at removing trees than adding them, here's hoping.