TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Why is Apocalypse closed?

I was wondering the same thing, but then I remembered that my last ride on Apocalypse gave me somewhat of a beating.

Maybe some retracking?

Retracking in August? Haha.

You do realize this is SFMM right? Anything can happen with them.

I was in the "Mooseburger is the best option" camp as well until my most recent visit last month. I am sad to report that there have been a couple of changes at the restaurant.

First, the menu selections have been greatly reduced. There used to be four different burger options, and now there is only one. This burger has every ingredient you could imagine, turning it into in inedible mess you end up eating with a fork.

Secondly, the nicely printed, laminated, and spiral bound menus have been reduced to a single sheet of paper.

The second item isn't the biggest deal in the world, but when you finish your meal and realize you just paid $19 for your burger with tax and tip, that $11 Johnny Rockett's burger starts looking like a much better deal.

However, if you are desperate for air conditioning and can't stand the horrific smell of the lower seating area of Food Etc., your $19 meal at Mooseburger is rationalized.

Do they not have the buffet anymore?

^^I think he does realize it is SFMM. Therefore he understands they would never be taking care of a ride in the first place, let alone during the end of summer unless they absolutely had to because of an unforeseen problem.

So I was at Hurricane Harbor today and noticed that they had the entire second lot closed only to have four semis with wooden planks and metal beams on their trailers to start unloading in the middle of the lot. They look like they could be for commercial shoot. Note: Photos aren't the best since I only had my phone.

image.thumb.jpg.5e1e75442ad4159d561354720979c561.jpg

Close up on one of the trailers.

image.thumb.jpg.625c397b2391e2002a12a198ebfa0f96.jpg

Best shot I got of the entire set up.

image.thumb.jpg.48d4d2cf65767a8242423da3f1670678.jpg

No one has a posted a photo of the Lollipop Freeway Sign in a while, so, why not?

Edited by kylexy2298

The buffet is still there, and looks as unappealing as ever. It sits there untouched for an hour or two for the first person orders it, only to discover everything has congealed. Then every time an employee changes out a hot tray, all the hot water from under the trays fog up the underside of the sneeze guards, only to drip back down all over the new food. So whatever chemicals were used to clean the underside of the sneeze guard (assuming it gets cleaned), is now on the food as well.

Yummy!

The buffet is still there, and looks as unappealing as ever. It sits there untouched for an hour or two for the first person orders it, only to discover everything has congealed. Then every time an employee changes out a hot tray, all the hot water from under the trays fog up the underside of the sneeze guards, only to drip back down all over the new food. So whatever chemicals were used to clean the underside of the sneeze guard (assuming it gets cleaned), is now on the food as well.

Yummy!

LOL!

So I was at Hurricane Harbor today and noticed that they had the entire second lot closed only to have four semis with wooden planks and metal beams on their trailers to start unloading in the middle of the lot. They look like they could be for commercial shoot. Note: Photos aren't the best since I only had my phone.

Wow! The parking lot looks like crap! I've not been there since 2005.

I was in the "Mooseburger is the best option" camp as well until my most recent visit last month. I am sad to report that there have been a couple of changes at the restaurant.

First, the menu selections have been greatly reduced. There used to be four different burger options, and now there is only one. This burger has every ingredient you could imagine, turning it into in inedible mess you end up eating with a fork.

Secondly, the nicely printed, laminated, and spiral bound menus have been reduced to a single sheet of paper.

The second item isn't the biggest deal in the world, but when you finish your meal and realize you just paid $19 for your burger with tax and tip, that $11 Johnny Rockett's burger starts looking like a much better deal.

However, if you are desperate for air conditioning and can't stand the horrific smell of the lower seating area of Food Etc., your $19 meal at Mooseburger is rationalized.

With what we have been seeing this year, chain-wide, none of this surprises me.

I know it's too early and highly unlikely, but nobody's mentioned it so I will......IRON COLOSSUS!! Hey, it's SFMM right? so anything can be possible...or is it anything is better than nothing!

Today's passholder newsletter had "BIG Announcement August 29, 2013" in the upper right corner. So there's something happening. More stiltwalkers? The second half of YOLOcoaster? 2013 Fright Fest mazes? Backwards Batman? Wooden Goliath?

It seems like everyone else is rumored to be getting an RMC, so that's what I'm continuing to hope for, despite the park having been pretty tight-lipped lately.

Today's passholder newsletter had "BIG Announcement August 29, 2013" in the upper right corner. So there's something happening. More stiltwalkers? The second half of YOLOcoaster? 2013 Fright Fest mazes? Backwards Batman? Wooden Goliath?

It seems like everyone else is rumored to be getting an RMC, so that's what I'm continuing to hope for, despite the park having been pretty tight-lipped lately.

Hopefully we hear more before the 29th

I don't expect that there will be an Iron Colossus next year due to Magic Mountain's "a coaster every 2 years" plan so I am expecting a SkyScreamer or an Aqua Twist next year and my biggest guess is Bonzai Pipeline coming to Hurricane Harbor.

Edited by SingleRiderCam