TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2205 - Opening Day Photo TR!

^ I don't mind waiting 20 or 30 minutes since I don't get to visit the park often but if I come around the corner and see the line out the front I stop and turn around.

I've heard it's the most expensive ride in the park to operate so I have a feeling that they are extra reluctant to run both sides due to the cost of doing so. Then again they never ever use the second side of Tatsu's station which only cost the hourly wage of the extra ride ops, so who knows.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swung by the park for a few hours to see how things would be in the covid world, and I have to say that magic mountain did a pretty good job. For those wondering, it appears the only checks for r

SFMM Trip Report. Opening Day, April 1st, 2021.    TLDR: I had a very six flags day (but it was awesome)   After over four years, I finally returned to my home park and self-procla

On Saturday 11/21, Theme Park Review was invited to see the Six Flags Magic Mountain Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. It’s rare for park patrons to get to drive through a theme park, so this

Posted Images

It's hit or miss with them running both sides of S:EFK. The past 2 times (February and May) they have had both sides running. The line is split at the entrance so even with both sides running you can still wait 30-45 minutes in the tunnel for the side you chose.

In terms of power consumption, I'd say the top 3 are Roaring Rapids, Jet Stream, and FT/S:EFK.

It seems there have been a lot of ride rehabs during the peak season this year. I dont get it.

I'm guessing that the majority of the work isn't rehabs, but rather rides breaking down.

went to the park yesterday, aug 5th with bro in law and nephew from out of town.

crowded, parking was in the overflow lot, where we parked getting there around 1pm.

didn't ride too much because of the crowds, but still had a decent time. full throttle, 40min wait. drop of doom about the same or less. superman, both sides open, line a bit out of the building. i'd guess it took us roughly 40 min as well. riddler's revenge was long at one point then only about 30 min later when i rode. scream and batman both one train, so didn't bother. goliath was 90 min so skipped as well. tatsu was about an hour. both stations going, not sure how many trains. viper, walk on. lol. i never bother with x2, not a fan, at all.

the bus driver on the way back asked how many had rode colossus. then explained this is the last year and would be rebuilt as a steel coaster next. hope all the rumors are true. colossus is one of many coasters i really don't count at magic mountain. lol

Every time I catch up on this thread I'm reminded what a terrible park SFMM is! Even if I tried, I couldn't make up the stuff that goes on there. All this rehab during peak summer is amazing. While I understand that things happen, when you have this many things breaking down it really tells a lot about the maintenance at SFMM.

That could be a sign of improvement though. At least they're running both stations now. It might not last, but you never know...

Even if its only temporary... better than nothing.

That's ok, but at some point they're going to have to clean up their act, or the park is going to be so filthy and poorly run that people may stop coming, but that probably won't be for a while.

That could be a sign of improvement though. At least they're running both stations now. It might not last, but you never know...

That's ok, but at some point they're going to have to clean up their act, or the park is going to be so filthy and poorly run that people may stop coming, but that probably won't be for a while.

GP will still go. I mean look at their last coaster, promoted as YOLO

Technically two, but it's essentially one because the track switch is its own block and can (obviously) only be turned one way at a time.

^^Most dual station coasters operate on the same principal of 1 block for the station. Exception would be Mr. Freeze coasters @ SFOT and SFStL.

GP will still go. I mean look at their last coaster, promoted as YOLO

Yes, but there will be a point where it's so nasty and poorly run that the GP will find it to be unenjoyable. It's not happening anytime soon, though.

^^Most dual station coasters operate on the same principal of 1 block for the station. Exception would be Mr. Freeze coasters @ SFOT and SFStL.

Wouldn't it be considered two blocks since each side of the station has it's own brakes?

Technically two, but it's essentially one because the track switch is its own block and can (obviously) only be turned one way at a time.

^^ It's 2 blocks only in the sense that each station can hold a train however Tatsu's track only has 4 blocks "programmed" into its PLC.

1 - Station

2 - Lift

3 - Block Brake

4 - Transfer (Station approach)

Same principal is used at California Screamin' in DCA and BTMR in Disneyland.

^^ It's 2 blocks only in the sense that each station can hold a train however Tatsu's track only has 4 blocks "programmed" into its PLC.

1 - Station

2 - Lift

3 - Block Brake

4 - Transfer (Station approach)

Same principal is used at California Screamin' in DCA and BTMR in Disneyland.

Awesome, that totally makes sense, thanks.

Hello. Long time fan of the YouTube videos, first time poster here. I'm planning on going to Magic Mountain on August 31st and I'm fully aware of how crowded it'll be. We're planning on purchasing the Gold Flash Pass. I've only been to Magic Mountain once and that was probably around four years ago. We'll be at the parks before opening. I'm not sure how we should hit the parks, especially on weekend during a major holiday. I've heard we should head over to X2 first, then grab our Flash Passes. I've tried Googling Touring Plans for hitting this park, but a lot of them is about 3-4 years behind. Could someone please provide any advice/tips/touring expertise that could guide us to the right direction?