TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Finally, I highly doubt SFMM will ever get a Giga Coaster or a Wing Coaster due to the price tag, at least under current management (I remember hearing they couldn't afford a ride the price of Tatsu anymore ($21 million), and both these coaster types are over $ik20 million).

Did we ever get a price on YOLOcoaster? I imagine it was quite a bit more the Superman at Discovery Kingdom (6 million), but I really have no idea. I know everyone is really psyched about Iron Colossus (if it happens I'll be too), but has there been any indication of anything, or is it just pure speculation?

If I can recall I remember reading 6 million $

How do you know about YOLOcoaster's cost?

I read it in an article. I never said that was for sure though.

$6 million dollar giga = giga lift hill then 300 ft drop then magnetic brakes. Thats an affordable giga there.

But instead of getting rid of Viper entirely, couldn't a Phantom's revenge type of renovation be done? There is even a sizable hillside it could use for a larger second drop if it went over the X2 walkway and down into that empty grass field north of the ride (hill is not as big or steep as phantom's ravine but some landscaping could be done to the hillside and viper does start almost 30 ft higher than phantom). The ride wouldn't hurt ma brain, the idea seems within budget, and maybe it could give nearly as much or more airtime than phantom's Rev. It be could be renamed as Viper's Revenge, or Viper's Vengeance, or HYPER-VIPER (cuz 200+ ft drop would be a real hyper coaster this time). (I like HYPER-VIPER best)

Now that could actually kill people because it's so rough.

I had not even considered Six Flags doing a Phantom's Revenge transformation on Viper. That could actually be pretty neat. However, I would rather see Viper demolished and have an Intamin Pre-fabricated wooden coaster on its site. The coaster could be 200 ft, making it the tallest wooden coaster in the world and having that "gimmick" that Magic Mountain seems to search for. Nevertheless, it could be an affordable addition.

Possible Future:

2014 - 400 ft Skyscreamer in place of thrill shot/Hurricane Harbor Bonzai Pipeline addition.

2015 - New Intamin prefab / RMC Colossus treatment

2016 - 40th Anniversary of Revolution Restoration (new trains)

2017 - ???

Would be a shame to see since Colossus is such a classic but, just to avoid the whole debate, that's progress I guess.

And from POVs it looks pretty....dreadful to be honest.

Guess I can at least ride it at WCB, as well as Viper, THEN they can get ride of those classics!

If Viper is as bad as The Great American Scream Machine I have advil ready!

Would be a shame to see since Colossus is such a classic but, just to avoid the whole debate, that's progress I guess.

And from POVs it looks pretty....dreadful to be honest.

Guess I can at least ride it at WCB, as well as Viper, THEN they can get ride of those classics!

If Viper is as bad as The Great American Scream Machine I have advil ready!

Viper is so much more enjoyable than any existing Arrow multilooper. I still love that ride. And I am sure to give it many re rides every time I visit.

Viper is still a great ride..its rough as you'd expect it to be for it's age but nothing like Revolution.

I don't think it's the right time for an Intamin woodie because either it'd be a third woodie or you'd have to completely demo Colossus which I don't agree with, as opposed to an RMC treatment which I think would be a good thing. If Viper was removed I'd like to see a steel coaster in it's place..in my biased opnion Id like to see a giga or similar over there, but I dont think we'd be that lucky.

I really enjoyed Viper. Some of the inversions had some force to it, the airtime gets better the more you come to the front, and its roughness is not like the other arrows. I wouldn't mind a SkyScreamer but Bonzai Pipeline is a good idea. I would want an RMC Iron Horse treatment more than a prefab to keep the layout. Revolution would be better in an Intamin remake (if that is possible). Anybody else have the idea that Goliath might go backwards or have B&M trains?

Really?

Well that is a shocker.

Trust me, that's not a shocker. Either that or your doing it wrong.

Ha! You I like, if there's no award for best poster it needs to be made and given to you good sir.

Well sweet, don't get me wrong a painful boring ride wasn't gunna stop me but glad it's not as bad as I feared.

I agree that HH is beyond due a new attraction. My guess for 2014 will be a new slide complex for HH and one of those spinning water shooting flats for SFMM to somewhat make up for the loss of Log Jammer. I believe Screamscape even said that Six Flags trademarked the name and purchased some more so it looks like they could be going to quite a few of the Six Flags parks.

Screamscape sources tell us we may see several Six Flags parks add Aqua Twist wet flat rides in 2014. I’m told that the first one just installed at La Ronde for 2013 (a Mack Twist ‘n’ Splash) has been quite the hit for the park. Adding more fuel to the fire, Six Flags has also just filed for a US Trademark for the Aqua Twist name on June 28, 2013.

A splash battle would at least somewhat mitigate the lack of Log Jammer in the front of the park.

Would they have room near the back of the back by Scrambler and the bumper cars for that? I just REALLY want too see a Maxair in the YOLOPlaza. Or MM could continue the fair ride thing (weird portable Slingshot) and also put in a GRAVITRON, that would actually be really cool at a park like SFMM, but I guess they already have WW: Lasso of Truth (I crack up every time I see that name).

A couple flats and a splash battle in the YOLO area would be a good solid improvement...

If they add a splash battle... Nah, I don't think that will EVER happen at such an Xtremeee park. I really do want some new flats though.

Agreed. Great America is much more of a family park than Magic Mountain and our splash battle is still easily the least popular ride in the park. Even on hot days no body rides it.

They really should add a frisbee ride. Those rides are amazing, and it would actually be a good addition for them. Especially since they would probably have to make it the tallest frisbee in the world, so it would be massive.