TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

In the POV it looked like the inside the tunnel were some non-working flame effects/lights on both sides of the track.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's no flame effects in a tiny tunnel.

Lighting effects make sense...actual fire, not so much.

Wonder when and how they are going to finish the rest of the area and station now that it's summer. This was obviously a rush job to get the ride open (and I'm super glad they got it open in June!)...but the surrounding area still needs to be complete.

In the POV it looked like the inside the tunnel were some non-working flame effects/lights on both sides of the track.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's no flame effects in a tiny tunnel.

Yeah, I mean, what is this, Movieland Studios?!

I believe he was referencing these:

328543329_ScreenShot2013-06-22at2_33_34PM.thumb.png.172c39285a17193390dd4ca545ad1e89.png

These appear on each archway in the tunnel

I assume that they'll be lit up when they finish construction (which is probably going to be next year knowing MM )

Aren't most of the SoCal schools back in class the last week of August? What would be the best day to attend that week? Or perhaps August 21st-22nd?

Edited by lk2500

Who here would have rather seen YOLOcoaster be a Vekoma Tilt?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

You have no idea! It's a shame this concept didn't catch on! I would love one at my home park!

Mabey an extended version though, with another inversion (Zeroooo Geeee!)

The Midnight Event was amazing.

I got the 3rd ride, after I got off and got my T-shirt/food I heard everyone screaming and pointing, looked over to see Full Throttle had rolled back. They oh so slowly rolled it back to the station, took everyone off, and proceeded to send through 4 empty trains which cleared the loop with no problem. They put people back on, and after 1 Cleared the loop the 2nd again rolled back. I was talking to one of the Hostesses and she said it had only happened once at the media event. They waited like 10 minutes to start sending more trains through, and the first one rolled back -- It wasn't looking good. Finally they got 4 Tests over and the ride seemed to be working again.

I got 2 rides, One in the middle and one in the 2nd to last back seat (The very back was closed off for some reason) The back seat is an AMAZING ride. My restraint had left a huge gap between me and itself due to the shin gaurds, So at the top of the loop I literally fell out of my seat, It was amazing. The Dive Loop is amazing aswell, mostly the backwards launch into it because, again, I was out of my seat for it (This ride has a LOT of inverted airtime ) But the best part had to be dropping off that tophat. Its insane. Something I can't explain, just the feeling of it is great.

The wings were GREAT. The fries were GREAT (And they were Crunchy! I was soooo happy!) The T-shirts were GREAT and went EXTREMELY fast. Overall the ride was extremely fun. I'm not the Roller Coaster Enthusiast that travels the world riding every coaster, Magic Mountain and a few others have been my only homes, and after going to Magic Mountain hundreds of times I can say this is one of my favorite rides. I just hope they treat the Rollbacks like Kingda Ka/TTD do sooner or later.

Absolutely had a blast on Full Throttle - It feels kind of like the bastard kid of Mr. Freeze and Orlando's Mummy. Better in the back - especially the weird sideways hanging bit after the backwards launch. The hangtime in the loop going forward is indescribably cool - you can really feel the train hanging on the upstops, and it feels like you're upside down longer than you'd imagine from just watching.

I don't miss Log Jammer one bit - I rode it maybe twice in the last ten years. I'll be running to ride Full Throttle every morning I can. It'll be interesting to see at night with the area lights, too.

Here's a few cellphone pics-

Hopefully the station gets a cover, soon.

Backwards Twisty!

Zoomin' across Superman Plaza

I really enjoyed this ride a lot more than I thought I would.

They announced FT in AUG, So I think its possible we know their 2014 plans in 2months (+/- a few days)

I was wondering what their 2014 addition would be. An Iron Horse to Colossus would be AMAZING. If they announce in the next month Colossus will be closing I think thats the safe bet (They announced in early July that Rattler would be closing at the end of Aug). I would also be happy to see maybe a Dare Devil Dive type of ride where Deja Vu sat (I'd be happy with a Smiler type, but I think Dare Devil would be more geared toward the younger rider which they might want). I think a couple flats in the next couple years would be great (maybe a Giant Frisbee where Flashback was or in the FT area)

I'd love to see them get new trains and the magnetic brakes on Revolution like they did with Sooper Dooper Looper. Its silly that FT is lap bar only when you go upside down 2-3 times (3 if you're in the back) but Revolution with one small loop has TWO restraints.

I can also see in the next 5 years them removing Viper and possibly putting a ride similar to I305 there. Viper in 5 years will be 28 years old and all the other parks removed theirs.

I also heard rumors that they were thinking of removing Jet Stream. I think a Wing Rider would fit in nice there along with being around their other B&M counterparts (Riddlers and Batman) if said rumor is true.

Another thing to keep in mind. Six Flags has a ride rotator program. Theres always a chance they remove something to give to another park. It'll be interesting to see what the next ride to leave would be.

None the less the last two years Six Flags has announced their following year plans at the end of August so it'll just be two months away to finding out (along with Cedar Fair parks as well). I think there is a LOT of potential for Magic Mountain.

Edited by adamd