TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

This is exactly why I call her the "ICE QUEEN." She doesn't speak with guests, and for that manner any male employees. Not a good attitude for being in the "people business."

Unless you're watching her everyday, you can't really make statements like this..I think we all understand she's not that personable but not talking to "any male employees"? Really?

I've seen a couple of pics floating around. It actually is looking better than I thought it would. But I haven't been to the park.

I'm SO looking forward to not having to go to SFMM after tomorrow for a few months. We'll be doing our SFHH days and that's it until Fright Fest stuff starts showing up.

My last comment on Jay. The employee attitudes are mirrors of management. During Jay's reign, I found the staff to be the best since I've been coming to the Mountain. Now, they're like Bonnie's - aka Ice Queen.

I disagree. At first, things improved. Then it went back to the same as it always was.

That's because line employees attitudes are much more a reflection of their direct management team---something the GM has no part in hiring (save for the head of the department).

^ Exactly. My company had a crappy CEO for YEARS but it didn't impact my job one bit. It impacted my stock, but it didn't impact me and what I do on a daily basis. Even decisions that my bosses boss makes don't really impact me on a day-to-day basis.

Not sure why people think SFMM is different than any other company.

What has been killing it in the local market have been the dark rides like RSR and Transformers. If they could tap into part of that trend, I think it would help overall.

Possibly, but SFMM don't have the sort of capital Universal and Disney are able to put into their dark rides. I mean, RSR cost $200m and Transformers was $100m against Yolocoaster's $6m. So the park will have to find other ways to bring in the crowds.

If I was running the park the first thing I'd do is improve the operations. I'd add a staff member to the more popular coasters to assign rows and maximise capacity (as is the current practice on GL and X2). On my last visit it wasn't uncommon to see 6-8 empty seats on some trains simply because some rows only had 1 or 2 riders. Extrapolate that across an hour (assuming one train dispatches every 2 minutes) and you could potentially get another 200-250 people on the ride, which would have a huge impact on wait times. Cost would be minimal, and it would actually make Flash passes more valuable since you wouldn't end up with 30 minute station waits after skipping the queue.

YOLO was only 6 million dollars with all the LSMs?

For those folks (like me) who can't be there for the Media Day or Midnight Riders tomorrow on June 21 can tune in early morning (around 6am) to watch the local news channels send one of their newscasters to have the first rides!! They often ride it multiple times on the hour LIVE! It's been a tradition, especially for FOX11 and Eyewitness 7. Can't wait!!

Full Throttle possibly delayed. KTLA reports there are permit issues. The official statement from Sue Carpenter at SFMM is "...we are awaiting final sign off from the state on our operating procedures and are working closely with them to finalize shortly."

Hopefully they get it resolved soon...