TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2228 - Wonder Woman Flight of Courage REAL POV!

I can just imagine the following dialogue played over speakers in tunnel:

Boy: "Hey, why'd we stop?"

Girl: "It's time to go [actual name of the coaster]." [pitch black is cut by strobe-light lightning, robotic voice booms "REVERSE THE BEAT"]

Boy: "Wait, we're going backwards?!"

Girl: "YOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!"

Dubset slams into your ears as the train rockets into reverse. Upon re-entering the tunnel riders question whether the boy and robotic voice are also yelling "YOLO."

I imagine you would have previously met these characters on cardboard cut-outs in the queue and memorized each placard due to the three-hour, one-train assisted line. They probably have futuristic names like "Treble" and "Wah-Wah."

The End.

But I like the skateboarding dinosaur, too.

Thought I'd sign up instead of just coming on here everyday to see if any progress was posted.

I just bought tickets for the Midnight Opening of Full Throttle - Hopefully it isn't to crowded (You wouldn't think it would be, but who knows.) Glad that it comes with a lovely YOLOshirt and YOLOmeal. Can't wait!

^There will be effects, but we don't know what. They will be a surprise at opening.

Spoiler alert: A dubstep song with someone screaming YOLO and a projection of a dinosaur skateboarding over a building.

This is why I love Wes.

Boy: "Hey, why'd we stop?"

Girl: "It's time to go [actual name of the coaster]." [pitch black is cut by strobe-light lightning, robotic voice booms "REVERSE THE BEAT"]

Boy: "Wait, we're going backwards?!"

Girl: "YOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOO!!!!"

Just bursted out laughing at work. If this doesn't happen (along with the Polarbearcoaster in Vegas) I'm going to be so overly disappointed.

To be fair, if the members of TPR ran SFMM the park most likely wouldn't make any $$. All the stuff we'd like to see at the park wouldn't bring in the crowds that go to the park now. They wouldn't care about new trains for Revolution, Topper Track for Colossus, Paint and themeing for Scream, etc.

Thought I'd sign up instead of just coming on here everyday to see if any progress was posted.

I just bought tickets for the Midnight Opening of YOLOcoaster - Hopefully it isn't to crowded (You wouldn't think it would be, but who knows.) Glad that it comes with a lovely YOLOshirt and YOLOmeal. Can't wait!

Man, I wish I could go. Riding it at night when you can hardly see anything has got to be awesome. Look forward to your review.

To be fair, if the members of TPR ran SFMM the park most likely wouldn't make any $$. All the stuff we'd like to see at the park wouldn't bring in the crowds that go to the park now. They wouldn't care about new trains for Revolution, Topper Track for Colossus, Paint and themeing for Scream, etc.

I disagree. An emphasis on upkeep, maintenance, and service to compliment new rides would most certainly make a profit in this market.

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I believe that while it is true that the GP doesn't care about the more un-noticeable changes an enthusiast would make, they would respond to the more full family experience that I believe TPR members would bring to the park; more so, there would be a positive shift because we are also committed to the full park experience for all park visitors which means that all areas would be improved: more diverse rides/ride categories, cleaner park, better trained staff and more theming. All of these combined would bring more profit to the park with a larger demographic and make SFMM a more viable competitor with the other large SoCal theme parks.

I do have a sad confession to make, being that I am actually kind of hoping this ride sucks, just so I can bash SFMM more. I am crossing my fingers that is goes as slow over that hill as the tests show.

I don't get why people want a ride to suck. Maybe it's just me, but I would always rather have a good ride that doesn't need to get bashed then a crappy one.

I do have a sad confession to make, being that I am actually kind of hoping this ride sucks, just so I can bash SFMM more. I am crossing my fingers that is goes as slow over that hill as the tests show.

This is the dumbest thing. Why even post something like this?

I hope this is a sarcastic post and I'm just missing the joke.

^^/^^^ But we did find out. I believe that was the list of things Jay Thomas tried to do. I think the problem was that they simply never marketed the family atmosphere, and instead chose to invest in near constant advertising for X2. They tried the family atmosphere, and it did not work. Granted, I do think there were a few problems in the way it was presented, but the bottom line is that, because that strategy failed, they are probably never going back to that strategy.

However, it might be possible that they could go back to the old way of waiting a few years and investing in a major attraction, instead of making these small, gimmicky investments. I would like to see that, but not before seeing a better maintained park.

^Yes. It is sarcastic, but it still was stupid, on my part.